This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Demo Lock Spec/Priority. How to play em, essentially.

#1TheEXODUSPosted 4/29/2010 9:06:06 AM
Friend is getting me into his guild on my Lock, doing Afflic for 10 mans and they want me to go Demo for 25 mans (for DP).

Can I have a good build and rotation/priority? I read Elitistjerks, but their Demo lock thread is sorta lacking.

Thanks!
---
At least nu-metal provides some unintentionally funny manchild lyrics. Deathcore is just CHUGGA CHUGGA BREE BREE - CapoMafia
||| last.fm/user/rileyhitz |||
#2S IdPosted 4/29/2010 9:35:00 AM
http://www.wowhead.com/talent#IZ0GchkAbihsgdAoE00V

Glyphs: Lifetap, Felguard and Quick Decay

I think that's the current cookie cutter spec, I haven't played demo for a while now.

Macro demonic empowerment to your SB, Incin and soulfire spells.

Keep the lifetap buff up.

Keep Immolate and Corruption on the target plus your curse (Elements if you don't have a Boomkin/Unholy DK, Doom otherwise) Spam Shadow Bolt and switch to Incinerate when Molten Core procs, below 35% cast soul fire instead (throw in the odd shadow bolt to keep the debuff up, it lasts 30 seconds so this shouldn't be too hard) whilst keeping immo/corr up.

For Meta drop a demonic circle, pop meta and charge, cast immolation aura and then carry on with your normal spell rotation, when immo aura fades port back to your circle. Be smart with it though, don't blow meta if you're getting towards bloodlust/heroism time or if a phase change is coming up etc.

This is all from memory so I may have missed something/be completely wrong.

I suggest you have a look on The Warlocks Den (www.wowmb.net), it's the best Warlock resource on the net by far.
---
Never knock on deaths door. Ring his doorbell and run. He hates that.
#3MalevolentFishPosted 4/29/2010 9:37:20 AM
1. Curse of Doom (replace with Curse of Elements if the boss won't be alive for another 60 seconds after the last Doom runs out, unless you've got a Boomkin/Unholy DK, then use Curse of Agony).
2. Keep Immolate and Corruption up.
3. Spam Shadow Bolt.
4. Cast Incincerate (instead of SB) when Molten Core is up.
5. Keep spamming Shadow Bolt/Incinerate.
6. Switch to spamming Soul Fire at 35% and below. Keep Corruption up the whole time to keep MC proccing. Occasionally toss out a SB in this phase to keep the ISB debuff up.

There's a lot of arguments on here about whether you should keep Immolate up during the 35% and below phase, so I'm not going to say anything on that, and instead tell you to try both out and see what works better for you. Don't want to turn this into yet another massive argument that ultimately ends up being of no help to you.

Macro Metamorphosis and Demonic Empowerment to Shadow Bolt and Soul Fire, as both are off the GCD.

Demonic Empowerment whenever it's off GCD (unless, obviously, you're at a point where your Felguard won't be hitting the boss). Metamorphosis in conjunction with trinkets or Bloodlust/Heroism, or just at whatever else you deem to be a good time (at the start of the fight seems to be popular, if you're not getting Hero/BL until later.

Here's the build I use: http://www.wowhead.com/talent#IZ0GchkAbihsgdAoE00V:oTnzV0
---
XBL: Malevolent Fish // PSN: MalevolentFish
"I'm a grim bloody fable, with an unhappy bloody end!"
#4sicNMEPosted 4/29/2010 9:38:42 AM
http://www.wowhead.com/talent#IZ0GchkAbihsgdAoE00V:onT

Immolate>corruption>curse of agony/elements>shadowbolt until corruption needs refreshed>shadowbolt until immolate needs refreshed.

Always use felguard. Pop Demonic Empowerment and Metamorphosis every cd. Use the spellstone. When Molten Core procs, Incinerate x 3. Then back to shadowbolt. When a boss is below 35 percent, Decimation should proc on your next shadowbolt/incinerate. When it procs, use soul fire until dead or when Decimation ends.
---
"Should've" is a contraction of "Should have." "Should of" means you are dumb.
It's not that complicated. Get it right.
#5TheEXODUS(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2010 9:55:38 AM
Awesome, thanks a ton!
---
At least nu-metal provides some unintentionally funny manchild lyrics. Deathcore is just CHUGGA CHUGGA BREE BREE - CapoMafia
#680Brown33FaulkPosted 4/29/2010 10:15:12 AM
DO NOT macro Meta to any spells ever. You don't always want to pop it immediately off CD. One of the best ways to maximize your DPS as Demo is to know when the best time is to pop Meta.

I usually do it at the start of a fight and then when its off CD look to see of a phase change is occurring, or if some mechanic is happening that will take me away from DPSing the boss, or if the raid is approaching Hero/BL time. If any of these are happening then you would want to save Meta and use it at a better time.

FYI using it during Hero/BL is amazing and your DPS will skyrocket especially if the boss is under 35% when your raid calls to Hero/BL. Then you get to use some uber powered SF's with a crazy fast cast time. So and try to always save one for this time.
---
XBL GT: Desperate4Death
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Sargeras&cn=Brennos
#7MalevolentFishPosted 4/29/2010 10:25:41 AM
Yes, perhaps I was a bit unclear before.

Don't Macro Meta to the Shadow Bolt you're spamming throughout the fight. Macro it to Shadow Bolt and keep the Meta/SB on a separate keybind, so you can pop it at the right times and not lose any casting time.
---
XBL: Malevolent Fish // PSN: MalevolentFish
"I'm a grim bloody fable, with an unhappy bloody end!"
#8TheEXODUS(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2010 9:57:12 AM
Sorry for the noob question, but I haven't really worked a whole lot with macro's. I use a lot of keybinds, but macro's have always confused me, to a point.

What's the macro for this? And how would I go about doing this?

Macro demonic empowerment to your SB, Incin and soulfire spells.
---
#9TheEXODUS(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2010 12:22:53 PM
Anyone?
---
#10ChocoboMog123Posted 4/30/2010 12:32:46 PM
#showtooltip Shadow Bolt
/cast Demonic Empowerment
/cast Shadow Bolt

^basic macro. This will attempt to use both at once. This one won't give you annoying sounds, though:
#showtooltip [mod:ctrl]Demonic Empowerment;Shadow Bolt
/cast [mod:alt] Demonic Empowerment
/console Sound_EnableSFX 0
/cast Demonic Empowerment
/cast Shadow Bolt
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
/console Sound_EnableSFX 1

This one lets you click it once to activate Meta, then again to activate Immolation aura. The last two lines attempt to use any trinkets, you can remove those lines if you want.
#showtooltip
/cast [mod:ctrl]Immolation Aura
/castsequence reset=30/shift Metamorphosis, Immolation Aura
/use 13
/use 14

This sets your Teleport when you click it holding CTRL and teleports when you click it without holding CTRL.
#showtooltip
/use [mod:ctrl]Demonic Circle: Summon;[nomod:ctrl]Demonic Circle: Teleport

Demonic Charge/Teleport is a slight DPS loss, btw. It's better to run in and out while casting instants (Curse > Corr > LT > Shadowflame).
Also, don't recast Corr if Molten Core is procced during Decimation. Cast your 3 Soul Fires, then Corr, then more Soul Fire.
If you've got 4pc T10, try to use Immolation Aura while the proc is up. After Meta, you can hold off on Immo Aura for 15 seconds, to wait for a proc. This is a tiny but nice DPS boost.
---
If you are currently in an argument with me, consider the following:
http://www.qwantz.com/comics/comic2-1673.png