This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any vendor items and vanity pets that sell for loads on AH?

#1BMISTROPosted 6/16/2010 9:10:19 AM
I noticed some people had put some pets on AH for loads of money, does this work well? Does anyone do this?
---
Funaki tv sightings since I started this sig =1 - sig started 18/8/09
#2DarthSchubertPosted 6/16/2010 9:14:00 AM
I do it sometimes. Pretty much any vendor sold finite resource also works.

Keep in mind, you will not make a lot of money. But you can turn a small profit doing this. Frankly though, if you are at level 80... you can make money faster doing dailies usually.
#3silentzedPosted 6/16/2010 9:16:58 AM
Vendor items, as in grays? I couldn't name any. Vanity pets however, depending on rarity/effort involved in getting them do sell for a premium.

Top sellers on my realm (Kilrogg) -
Disgusting Oozeling - It's damn rare and gives you a debuff. Good luck grinding this one out. I've seen it sell for upwards of 5k. To grind it yourself, head to the Scars in EPL and kill the oozes there. They will sometimes drop an Oozing Bag that has a chance to drop the pet (Basically, you have to get lucky to get a bag, and then super lucky on that bag. Very low chance of getting one).

Captured Firefly - I've seen this sell for 3k on my server. Can be ground by killing the Fireflies in Zangarmarsh (not all of them from what I remember, it is the yellow and blue ones that are around the central lake where Coilfang Reservoir is).

Aside from those two, the varying Drakes and Raptor type pets sell for a good chunk, as well as crossfaction pets (the opposing factions tourney/vendor only pets). Some engineering pets sell for a premium as well.
---
/target Face
/cast Palm
#4silentzedPosted 6/16/2010 9:17:54 AM
My bad, I forgot the rarest of the rare - The Hyacinth Macaw.

This sucker has the lowest drop rate in the game and I have seen it advertised for upwards of 20k (whether or not it sold is another matter, but considering what I have read of the rarity, some rich collector probably bought it).
---
/target Face
/cast Palm
#5BMISTRO(Topic Creator)Posted 6/16/2010 9:20:04 AM
I'm talking about the pets you can buy form vendors though?

The mana wyrmling for example costs 40g but I had no idea it existed until I happened to come across the vendor, could I use this and sell them for much higher prices?
---
Funaki tv sightings since I started this sig =1 - sig started 18/8/09
#6moisticusPosted 6/16/2010 9:21:08 AM
Isn't there one "gray" quality item that you can actually AH? Some turn-in for the Darkmoone Fair rep. Bushy Tail? or something like that.
---
Conformity is the smother of invention.
#7DarthSchubertPosted 6/16/2010 7:33:20 PM
I think by vendor items he means anything sold by a vendor. So the stuff I can think of are crafting recipes/mats that the vendor has a finite supply of. I resell those alot, for small profits. I do it mostly on alts, as I travel, I would never go out of my way to do it as you don't earn enough.
#8pegusus123456Posted 6/16/2010 7:34:13 PM
It's not exactly a huge money maker, but the Glyph of Eternal Water formula is sold at Thrallmar and it can fetch 11 gold or so on my server.
#9Resident_HillPosted 6/16/2010 8:45:37 PM
I got super lucky with my disgusting oozeling. I didn't even know about them at all and while questing in Plaguelands, I saw a slime and killed it. It dropped a bag and inside was an oozeling. Being a noob I learned to summon it and discovered that it debuffs and seeing how it makes it a stupid thing to have for almost anything, I wish I had sold it. Found out from my brother in law it is wicked rare and sells high and that he and his girlfriend grinded for days to try and get one without success. His girlfriend got a twitch in her eye after hearing I got it on first kill.
---
Those who desire peace, prepare for war.
#10LightElfPosted 6/16/2010 9:55:57 PM
I bought the Disgusting Oozeling from another player back in original WoW for 200 gold.

Heh.
---
Dead sexy.
http://i462.photobucket.com/albums/qq344/lightelf1337/me.jpg