This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Leveling Demonology through dungeons on a warlock. What pet should I use?

#11pegusus123456Posted 6/25/2010 12:17:44 PM
I mostly used the voidwalker for survivability. A lot of the time, my voidwalker was better than the tank in early instances, and for later ones, having a damage shield and an off-tank can be useful, assuming that you know what you're doing.

That's true, but I wouldn't summon him until after I realized the tank was fail.
#12Smoking_HamsterPosted 6/25/2010 1:02:15 PM
I would use the succumbus due to better dps, corwd control and eye candy. Yes the imp provides buffs to the group, but you don't need em to get through early content.
---
Death is certain, only the time is uncertain.
#13ChocoboMog123Posted 6/25/2010 1:18:26 PM
You can't buff the Succubus' DPS through talents, in the Demo tree, so go with the Imp for DPS.
Though, I don't know why you wouldn't just go Destro or even Affliction...
---
If you are currently in an argument with me, consider the following:
http://www.qwantz.com/comics/comic2-1673.png
#14pegusus123456Posted 6/25/2010 1:20:10 PM
You can't buff the Succubus' DPS through talents, in the Demo tree, so go with the Imp for DPS.
Though, I don't know why you wouldn't just go Destro or even Affliction...

Because he...likes demo?
#15Smoking_HamsterPosted 6/25/2010 1:24:08 PM
Unholy power increase succumbus damage and using her with master demologist will increase the lock's shadow damage and crits.
---
Death is certain, only the time is uncertain.
#16ChocoboMog123Posted 6/25/2010 1:39:43 PM
Because he...likes demo?
That early in the game, there's virtually no difference between any of the specs besides passive benefits (and Shadowburn, but, meh). You're not casting different spells, the only playstyle differences are in what you can and can't pull off. You could play all specs virtually the same, to similar results, some are just more inefficient than others.

You could 2-shot things with Shadow bolt as Affliction or Demo, or 1-shot them with a Destro 300% damage crit.
You could pet tank things with Destro or Affliction, or you could have your pet tank and hit even harder as Demo to make up for your lacking spell damage.
You can dot things to death as Destro or Demo, or you can dot them to death with Affliction and come out with full health. Though, this one actually has benefits over the other two in that you can chain pull forever at this level.

In dungeons, you're doing almost the same thing as any spec.
RoF + Lifetap ad inifinitum.
Dot + Tab ad infinitum (Immolate for its dot or Corr for its dot).
Full set of dots + SB spam for bosses.

You can use any pet as any spec, before they're really buffed up, or even despite they're spec specific buffs.

I just don't see why people prefer one spec over another before there's any significant differences...
---
If you are currently in an argument with me, consider the following:
http://www.qwantz.com/comics/comic2-1673.png
#17MCC1701Posted 6/26/2010 1:46:53 AM
Exactly, you will play EXACTLY the same as affliction, but will do several times better in PVP, instances, and many, MANY times better in questing...
---
You want to know the best leveling spec for warlocks? here it is:
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#IfxbbubhkiVRhkt0Gbhoh:TwZ0Mc (Get Haunt ASAP)
#18ShadowEdgeXPosted 6/26/2010 1:59:56 AM
ChocoboMog nailed it on the head, TC. I main a Demo Lock, but there's no reason AT ALL to spec Demo before you can get the Felguard, as you'll be using the exact same spells as the other specs, but they'll be weaker. Go Destro until 50, the spec Demo and go to town. Your Imp will be stronger as Destro (throw the first 3 points into Improved Imp if you want), you'll provide the same buffs, and you'll be much more effective.

Demo's my favorite spec in the game (out of any class), but at low levels its a turd.
---
Welcome to GameFaqs, home of the exciting complaining-is-fun kids!
---carmellarocks
#19ShadowEdgeXPosted 6/26/2010 2:04:07 AM
Here's a sample Destro spec that will buff your Imp considerably, and get you ready for your switch to Demo at 50.

---
Welcome to GameFaqs, home of the exciting complaining-is-fun kids!
---carmellarocks
#20LinkofHyrule991Posted 6/26/2010 2:17:06 AM
:o
An invisible spec
---
I don't remember Redd White changing his name to Bandit Keith. Not even in America.-Aceburner
You've lost the game. -Near