This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Shaman BoA gear....

#1noobface385Posted 7/8/2010 8:06:36 PM
Which ones should I get? I have enough for 2 PvE items and 1 PvP item. which ones are the best for a Shaman? also if I get the mail ones will my Shaman be able to use them at level 1 or do I have to wait till like 40 like a Pally does for plate?
#2sithgod513Posted 7/8/2010 8:12:14 PM
i dont know much about shammys really, but i do know that you can infact start out at lvl 1 with boa mail for it, i started with plate on my pally.
---
--
The only thing I feel when I kill is the recoil from my rifle. If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#3JAW2688Posted 7/8/2010 8:15:28 PM
I'd personally buy the spell power mail and level elemental and heal/dps through instancing. Buy the spell power trinkets and the caster mace w/ a 30 spell power enchant and your g2g.

Elemental is pretty boring at early levels (LB, LB, LB, LB, LB, LB, LB) but it does become great fun once you get chain lightning/lava blast. Healing is always a cinch as well considering your gear and all of the shamans very capable healing arsenal.

Or you could level enhan, which is also a lot of fun (probably more so) but your stuck just dpsing.
#4noobface385(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2010 8:27:19 PM
I think im gonna go elemental sounds most fun to me. So I'm getting my shoulders from the heirloom vendor for heroism, which weapon should I get for my stone shards or whatever there called haha
#5adjlPosted 7/8/2010 8:34:44 PM
Or you could level enhan, which is also a lot of fun (probably more so) but your stuck just dpsing.

The only talent in Ele that helps healing is Unrelenting Storm, which isn't even that useful. Compare that to 5% crit to all spells, a 30% stronger EL imbue, the ability to DW EL, and imp. SS and SR for mana regeneration if you get creative (not to mention MW). Enh can heal levelling instances just fine, provided you slap together a half-decent healing set from surplus quest rewards. Not to mention Enh doesn't consist of mindlessly spamming LB until level 75.

Also, sig.
---
"Your" is possessive. "You're" is a contraction of "You are."
It's not that complicated. Get it right.
#6ZafpedxPosted 7/8/2010 8:37:51 PM
adjl he was talking moreso for the gear then the spec.

You could heal up 40's specless with relative ease.
---
I love you...
#7JAW2688Posted 7/8/2010 8:38:06 PM
Haha wow, thank you so much for correcting that glaring grammatical mistake! Your surely a man amongst men!
#8adjlPosted 7/8/2010 8:54:18 PM
Haha wow, thank you so much for correcting that glaring grammatical mistake!

You're welcome. It doesn't take me much effort to do so, so I figure I might as well exert it in an effort to make the world a less illiterate place...

Your surely a man amongst men!

... which seems to have failed miserably in this case. How unfortunate, I do so dislike those who inexplicably reject opportunities to improve themselves for little to no effort.

adjl he was talking moreso for the gear then the spec.

Gear's easy enough to maintain with extra quest rewards. Really, the extra EL and the 30% boost to both of them amount to just about as much as having the heirloom caster mace and enchanting it with +30. At 40, the mace gives 32 SP, and EL gives about 42 counting the talent. An extra EL plus the talent adds roughly 52 extra SP, only ten less than the mace+enchant would (and that's without attempting to account for EL's extra proc chance). I'm pretty sure you can probably find a weapon with ~10 SP to make up for the difference.

Obviously the chest/shoulders will skew things a bit further (though so will 5% crit and 10% more int, plus the mana regen from imp. SS and SR), and the numbers vary past 40, but the point still stands. Healing as Enh without using caster heirlooms works just fine.
---
#9JAW2688Posted 7/8/2010 8:56:47 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#10adjlPosted 7/8/2010 8:58:53 PM
I'm mildly curious as to what gives you that impression. Even if I'm pretty sure I already know.
---