This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do I change my alchemy spec? And is it worth it go to elixir>transmute?

#1Departed_DemonPosted 7/8/2010 8:23:51 PM
My main is a maxed JC, so I'm figuring that being able to get extra gems from transmute spec might be worth it
#2Gawain_03Posted 7/8/2010 11:51:46 PM
You can change your alchemy spec by speaking to the mastery trainer and if I remember correctly there is a 150g fee for doing so. The elixir mastery trainer is in the Arakkoa bird guys' treehouse thing in Lower Shattrath and the transmute master trainer is at the Stormspire in Netherstorm.

I have both an elixir master and a transmute master (two of them) and I would say that the elixir master has made me more gold over time (with having my own herbalist to farm herbs). If you aren't looking to spend time farming herbs then transmute master would be the way to go. On days I don't have much time to play I can log on, transmute a gem (or more with procs) on each of my three alchemists, mail them to my JC to cut and put on the AH and I can potentially make a few hundred gold for maybe five minutes worth of work.

So, time to spare, elixir might be your best bet... want to make fast money, just maybe not as much, go with transmute. Also just for reference, I'd say I get maybe two gem procs a week between my two transmute masters. Usually they only just proc a single extra, but sometimes they'll proc four. It's always nice when that happens. Hope this helps.
#3Departed_Demon(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2010 12:23:04 AM
So it always gives one extra gem, with a chance for extras?
#4Xenofan0032Posted 7/9/2010 12:30:44 AM
No, I believe there's like a 15% chance for an extra gem. Same goes with flasks, except you usually make a lot at one time. Of course, the trade off is that gems sell for a lot more than flasks.
---
160 characters total 160 characters total 160 characters total
160 characters total 160 characters total 160 characters total