The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Did my hacker change some battlenet details?

#1Devo05Posted 7/21/2010 11:13:01 PM
Hi Guys, so I need a little help figuring out what is happening with my account and I have turned to the knowledgable and wise masses of the GameFAQs WoW board to do so! SO basically last Friday I log into my account and all my characters are deleted, with a level 1 Draenei Shaman replacing them all. So immediately I change my password to both my account and email and then use Blizzards email form to let them know.

At this point I also open a ticket while I am ingame to see if i can talk to a GM, while I am waiting I decide to add the IPod touch/Iphone authenticator to my account so I minimise WoW and do this. Eventually I can't wait for the GM any longer so I decide to just leave it to the email to let them know whats happening. I log out. A little late I check my emails, I have a message from Blizzard, it says that they are looking into it etc etc and they have changed the password to my account to protect it (Note: The hacker didn't change my password, just deleted everything) So I think ok thats fine I will let them deal with it.

Fast Forward to Monday, I receive about 7 emails from the blizzard gm email address, each one informing me of a particular characters restoration, so I think great I can get back to playing, I go to log into WoW and realise that Blizzard never emailed me with the new password, I have no idea what it is and even when I guess I am now prompted to enter the authenticator code.

I go to the Battle.net website and use the "Forgot your password" link. I enter my email address and name as prompted and then answer my secret question. I am then told that "A confirmation email has been sent to the address linked to the account" and to check it for details to reset the password, however, there is no email in my inbox. I repeat the process numerous times but I get no email sent. So now I can't even reset my password, I then start to wonder if the email address was changed by the hacker so that maybe the password reset request is sent to whatever he changed it to. But how could that be if I have previous emails from Blizzard in my inbox? My account name is my email address so they could just be sending me emails to my account address. But is there another option in Account Management to change contact email address to something other than your linked Battlenet Account name email? If so then perhaps the hacker changed this contact address and they are receiving my password reset requests? Can someone confirm for me if this is the case? Or is it only your battle.net account email address the one that receives all communication from blizzard?

I should have checked my personal details in account management before submitting the "Account Compromise" issue to Blizzard but now im stuffed. As far as I know all my characters are restored but I cant get on the account to play and I cant reset my password. If indeed the hacker did get my password reset request and he has changed it to try and rehack my account the authenticator would stop him right? There is no way past that without the serial number of the authenticator is there?

Please try and help me out here guys, I have resent emails to blizzard but heard nothing back and calling is hard because im an Aussie.
---
Today is the tomorrow I worried about yesterday.
GT:FieryTrout
#2_BLAHBLAHBLAH_Posted 7/21/2010 11:22:05 PM
well, if they ask for proof, and the hacker did in fact change your info, you can always give them the authentication key that you put for WotlK and BC, or your recent 60day card keys, to prove that its yours since you put it onto your account, i had to do that a few months ago, and they accepted that (although i did it over the phone which might be a problem for you like you said.) Good luck bro, add me on msn Kristophershafer@live.ca, if u ever need more help, just send me an email there and stuff, alright? :D
---
Live long and eat pie
#3Unhead_Posted 7/21/2010 11:22:34 PM
Calling them is the only advice i can give
---
AMD Phenom II X4 965 OC@3.9Ghz/6Gb DDR3 G-Skill RAM/HIS Radeon HD 5770 IceQ 5/SATA III 1TB 7200 RPM HD/Antec 750w PSU/Antec 902 Case/ASUS M4A89TD-USB 3.0
#4Devo05(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2010 11:52:55 PM
Bump for anyone else who has some advice.
---
Today is the tomorrow I worried about yesterday.
GT:FieryTrout