This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

why do guys pretend to be girls online?

#11SomeLikeItHoth(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2010 1:57:17 AM

I don't like it Hoth either.

WOW wtf? and yu yu hakusho is the one anime i can bare to watch.
---
Number of users that said they like it hoth: 147
Number of users that said they don't like it hoth: 2
#12GevaudenPosted 12/6/2010 2:02:17 AM
Cyber Trannies perhaps?

Guys who wants to be a girl so they get a chance to play one in the video game reality, and maybe hook a str8 guy into their web of lies and make you send them pics of their naughty parts?

---
APB I'm awaiting your resurrection
#13Game JediPosted 12/6/2010 2:14:37 AM
They do it for the lulz.

I don't pretend to be a girl, but I don't openly announce that I'm a guy... I find endless amusement in people assuming I'm a girl because my toon is female.
---
Should be home by now, yeah!
#14CorvantherPosted 12/6/2010 2:29:47 AM
Stop using wow as a dating service and it won't matter? My female personas are not here to hook up. My priest is here to keep your sorry carcass from kissing dirt and my female warlock is here to let her fel hound bite things kneecaps while they get melted by various fun curses. Males of any race look horrid as casters because of the dress design for robes. I realise Hoth is trying to troll as useuall, but eh. Need something to do untill they flip the switch.
#15FrieccoPosted 12/6/2010 2:38:30 AM
I'm a guy who plays a girl on WOW.
Before WOW existed I used to play a lot of Diablo 2 (Can't have a male/female of the same class, lol). Have an Amazon there, so the gender stuck.
---
Women come and go, epics are soulbound. - RebelElite791
#16PoifectionPosted 12/6/2010 2:39:33 AM

i don't understand is why a guy would legit get to max level while pretending to be a girl, use fake pictures and names, shadow their voice on vent, e-date other guys, etc. it makes no sense to me and i find it wrong.

Do people actually do all this crap? I've never seen it to this extent whatsoever.
---
Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men! And ladies! And ladies who dress like men! For Gilgamesh...it is morphing time! - Gilgamesh: Final Fantasy V
#17fireflygirl2Posted 12/6/2010 2:42:07 AM
Does this really happen? Seriously? A guy going thru all that trouble with shading their VOICE and FAKING pictures, and for what?

I guess i can believe that it happens like 1 in Million, but often? I just can't understand that.

Besides, gender shouldn't matter!
#18SomeLikeItHoth(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2010 2:48:41 AM

Do people actually do all this crap? I've never seen it to this extent whatsoever.

i had someone in my guild a while back who e-dated a "girl" who was also in the guild. they did a lot of stuff together like achievements and raids and fish. then this "girl" went on vent and talked to us in an english accent, even though they said they were from montana! after some clever internet detective work i found out this person was a guy all along, and confronted him in guild messages, even saying their real first name. they then proceeded to never sign back in. i assume he just made a new account. still, i felt bad for my guildie for dating a man. there is still drama about it sometimes too since that guy was really famous in trade chat and had a lot of server firsts. it was funny though because for a while a lot of people didn't believed me because "she" had so many white knights and i am top realm troll. it was haunting yet i was amazed at the desperation of guys on this game.
---
Number of users that said they like it hoth: 147
Number of users that said they don't like it hoth: 2
#19zantiumlordtwoPosted 12/6/2010 2:51:54 AM
Always assume that everyone is a guy and address them as sir (name), if they then say, " Oh I'm a girl btw" they are lying you should then begin to call them a guy over and over and over again.
---
Sincerely,
Your best friend Zant.
#20Soul Reaver4Posted 12/6/2010 2:53:49 AM
I don't like it hoth. So glad you added a counter for that.
---
Bleeding Hollow: Talamane - Druid. Lovehandls - Hunter. Noggles - Priest.
Discussion of rape or incest should remain serious. - GameFAQs ToS.