This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Question about portals in Stormwind

#1SilvosForeverPosted 12/17/2010 9:23:36 AM
Where are they?

I took a portal to Hyjal the first time I went there, but when I got back to Stormwind later it wasn't there anymore. Is that right?

Where is the best place for me to set my hearth? I'd like to do JC dailies but also quest in Hyjal, without taking the boat to Darnasuss constantly.
---
All your favorite RPGs: http://www.youtube.com/user/silvosforever
http://i996.photobucket.com/albums/af84/silvosforever/funnygif.gif
#2ReyDel3127Posted 12/17/2010 9:25:00 AM
Set hearth in Stormwind.
The portal should still be there. You sure you're at the right spot? There's portals to all the new zones in one place.
---
Second place is only the first loser.
#3menalaos1971Posted 12/17/2010 9:26:42 AM
ASK A GUARD. They now have Portals as an option, and they will conveniently be marked on your map. Also, check if Portals is an option on your little map (the ? button on the side of it pulls up a list of things you can target).

But the answer is, to the left side of the Keep is a small lake with an island in the middle of it. They are ALL on that island.

And set your Hearth to one of the SW inns, and use to portals to get to the Cataclysm zones. You only have to do a handful of quests in each zone to make the portals active.
---
Space Pope of GFAQs. All hail his celestial eminence!
#4menalaos1971Posted 12/17/2010 9:37:23 AM
And I just realized what you're talking about regarding the Hyjal portal. The FIRST time you go, its in that little grassy room off the Throne room in the Keep. The Guardian of Hyjal elf portals you there. That spot only works the first time. After that, you need to go to the little island in the lake that I mentioned in my last post...
---
#5BetaPosted 12/17/2010 10:00:52 AM
Not sure if it's the same on Alliance side, but for Horde my Hyjal portal never opened up until I was 84 and did the quests to open up the Twilight Highlands portal. It must be a bug, all the other portals opened after I'd done a few introductory quests, but Hyjal I even got the achievement and still nothing.
#6menalaos1971Posted 12/17/2010 10:02:26 AM
Yes, Beta, that was a bug that has since been fixed.
---
#7MidgetsOfDoomPosted 12/17/2010 10:10:14 AM
I still have no Twilight Highlands portal. I have the quest achievement though.
---
Master of karate and friendship for everyone.
#8menalaos1971Posted 12/17/2010 10:12:33 AM
You skipped a quest. There was a quest to gather some mats to open the portal. If you didn't do that one quest, then the portal won't be open.
---