This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Moonkin Moonfire/Sunfire macro help.

#1Thizzlin21Posted 2/28/2011 4:04:46 PM
I've been having some trouble writing a macro that I want, and thought I'd ask for some help.

Essentially I want it to cast Moonfire/Sunfire on my focus target without dropping my current target. The problem I'm having is that the way I'm doing it, when I go into Solar Eclipse, thus MF turns into SF, I get a "spell not learned" error. I can't quite figure out how to avoid this issue that seems to be caused by the MF/SF switching.

For reference, this is how it is written now:

#showtooltip Moonfire
/cast [target=focus,exists] Moonfire

I've tried using a /click command, but this seems to not work (or I am writing it incorrectly) with the "[target=focus,exists]" line of the macro, and I end up hitting the wrong targets and such. Also if it matters, I have MF/SF on the main action bar button #12 (the "=" key), keybound to F1.

Any help is much appreciated!
---
HANDCANNON 01/09/06
#2silentzedPosted 2/28/2011 4:08:28 PM
Until a more formal answer is given, have you just tried simply adding both lines for Sunfire and Moonfire into the same macro, so it tries to cast both?
---
/target Face
/cast Palm
#3KrelianZGPosted 2/28/2011 4:44:56 PM
I don't know the right format off the top of my head, but using the button clicking is the way to go. You could also try a /cast Moonfire /cast Sunfire and turn off error messages maybe.

Yeah, not much help, I know.
---
I hate Jesus parallels in my Superman stories. His job isn't to forgive sinners, it's to burn them with eye lasers.
#4WormeckPosted 2/28/2011 4:51:45 PM(edited)
Currently there is no way to make a macro cast Sunfire. Since it's not a spell you actually get in your spellbook, the game does not recognize /cast Sunfire. You pretty much have no real work around sadly.

You can try this:

#showtooltip moonfire
/click ActionButton#

With the # replaced by the slot you have moonfire on, but I don't know for sure if you can use that in a focus macro.
---
PSN name: Wormeck
#5silentzedPosted 2/28/2011 5:43:18 PM(edited)
Is there any way to make a macro to function of something already on your actionbar? Kind of like it would function just as a button click would.

Edit after reading Shadowbeast's Post: Ah, gotcha. My reply window was open far too long and I didn't see Shadow's when I posted.
---
/target Face
/cast Palm
#6Nazgl5LordofNazPosted 2/28/2011 5:08:43 PM
Read Shadow Beast's post. Right above yours.
---
If you're seeing this sig, I'm probably typing the message on my iPod. Please ignore any absurd mistakes, as the iPod Touch auto-corrects incorrectly sometimes.