This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Paladin Stat Caps?

#1King_of_GoatsPosted 7/4/2011 2:58:07 AM
What are the stat caps that are needed for protection and holy paladins?
#2Khoi08Posted 7/4/2011 3:52:46 AM
What do you mean stat caps? Like hit, expertise, dodge, block and that stuff? Because as far as I know, and don't quote me on this because I haven't played in two months and 4.2 may have change it... but there are no caps for stats like strength, stamina, and spell power; it's as high as your gear will give.
---
Khoi - Lvl 80 Blood Elf Paladin, Aikoe - Lvl 72 Undead Mage, Khoiboi - Lvl 52 Troll Shaman, Kari - Lvl 74 Undead Deathknight, Various other sub-lvl 50 toons
#3MegeasPosted 7/4/2011 8:00:53 AM
For Holy there are none. Holy needs enough spirit but that's judged by your own playing and ability. If you need more go for it. There is no set number.

Protection you can argue that it needs hit and expertise but with Threat being a non issue once vengeance stacks up and interrupts always going to hit now threat stats like hit and expertise are not going to be useful.

You can top out your avoidance/mitigation by getting a combined 102.4% which will stop you from getting any normal hits. just add up dodge block and parry and see where it gets you.
#4The_Excerion3Posted 7/4/2011 8:10:13 AM
Hit and expertise are garbage for Prot now, Blizzard have made it quite clear that they have no intentions of making threat stats important to Prot Paladins.

So all you have to worry about is combat table coverage I.E the combined value of your dodge, parry and block. You want that number to hit 102.4% and should stack mastery over everything until that happens. Once you've reached 102.4% (Won't be until you have a bunch of T12 gear) you should start subbing mastery out for dodge and parry.
---
Splish, Splash, I'm taking Abbath!
http://www.last.fm/user/Degenx2
#5King_of_Goats(Topic Creator)Posted 7/4/2011 2:50:00 PM
I was referring to stats such as dodge and parry and not strength ect. Sorry for not clarifying that. Thanks for all of the responses. I'm a bit curious as to why protection paladins don't need threat stats, and was that only changed with this recent patch? Also, do the other tanking classes need threat stats, or is it only paladins that have been changed?
#6Falco_TaverenPosted 7/4/2011 5:22:45 PM
Vengeance makes threat a non-issue for the most part.

And you want to be gemming + enchanting + reforging mastery for the most part, until you have 102.4% total avoidance. After that, lose some mastery and gain some parry + dodge.
---
"Buying a new Pokemon game is like buying a more expensive hooker: sure, it looks better, but you're still going to catch the same old things."
#7MegeasPosted 7/4/2011 7:30:10 PM
King_of_Goats posted...
Also, do the other tanking classes need threat stats

Dks are the only one that you could argue that need some hit/expertise. The reason is because a lot of their survivability is tied to there Death Strike hitting and a missed or avoided hit can hurt the DK pretty badly.
#8RebelElite791Posted 7/4/2011 7:58:07 PM
Top dks still reforge ou of all their hit/exp, so no
---
I see you.
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i174/Spartan791/1262850631521.jpg
#9metroidfreakv4Posted 7/4/2011 8:03:06 PM
top dk are also held by top healers.
---
WotLK ending cinematic: Arthas:Farther.....is this over?....
Farther:no my son....the raid resets next week..
#10Xhawk2002Posted 7/6/2011 4:42:57 AM
for prot pally's, its all about mastery and avoidance. mastery > avoidance > everything else. pick up whatever expertise and hit your gear will gear, but never reforge into them or gem into them. no need to cap them anymore. the main goal is to aim for CTC and go for 102.4% total block+dodge+parry.
---
Xbox360 -> HauntedHawk // PSN -> Xhawk33
Wii -> 7231003866164851 // 3DS - 541298984089