This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Prot Warrior macros

#1farcolfeyPosted 7/19/2011 9:24:29 AM
What are some of the macros you warrior tanks use? Thought I'd ask while the forums are down. Thanks
---
This sentence has exactly threee errorrs.
#2moisticusPosted 7/19/2011 9:29:19 AM
(Below is my shield slam macro, just put this in place of your normal Shield Slam)

#showtooltip Shield Slam
/cast Shield Block
/cast Shield Slam

(Below is my Last Stand macro. Last Stand followed by Enraged Regeneration will give you some major self healing)

#showtooltip Last Stand
/use 13 (or whatever trinket that boosts health or oh S#!^)
/cast Last Stand
/cast Enraged Regeneration
---
Conformity is the smother of invention.
#3moisticusPosted 7/19/2011 9:31:10 AM
And when I'm in major threat mode (ie, debuffs already up: rend, t-clap, demo shout), I spam the heck out of: Shield Slam-macro, Revenge, Devastate, and toss Heroic Strike in the mix if my rage is well above 50%.
---
#4BrickTamIandPosted 7/19/2011 9:33:21 AM
rushfan2112 posted...
(Below is my shield slam macro, just put this in place of your normal Shield Slam)

#showtooltip Shield Slam
/cast Shield Block
/cast Shield Slam

I have a question about this...

I tried this macro (in the place of my normal shield slam) and it seems to only cast when Shield Block is off of cooldown. Is that how it's supposed to function? If so, is there any way to make a macro that will cast shield block if it's up, but go straight to shield slam if it's not?
---
http://i552.photobucket.com/albums/jj324/brainfist/brick.jpg
#5moisticusPosted 7/19/2011 9:35:39 AM
I haven't had any problems with it. When Shield Block is not avail, I just Shield Slam. I'll have to log into my warrior when I get home to verify (I'm at work now).
---
#6chinezekid1Posted 7/19/2011 9:38:34 AM

rushfan2112 posted...

#showtooltip Shield Slam
/cast Shield Block
/cast Shield Slam

I have a question about this...

I tried this macro (in the place of my normal shield slam) and it seems to only cast when Shield Block is off of cooldown. Is that how it's supposed to function? If so, is there any way to make a macro that will cast shield block if it's up, but go straight to shield slam if it's not?

Same as I use, It casts shield block then shield slam.
If shield block is on cooldown it casts only shield slam.
---
AMD Phenom II x3 (4th unlocked) @ 3.2ghz | 4GB DDR3-1600 | Sapphire Radeon HD 4850 | 2x250GB (RAID 0) +2tb storage | 680W | Antec Three Hundred | 1920x1080 -tox
#7DeanWhipperPosted 7/19/2011 9:39:31 AM
Put shield block second in the macro, should do the trick
---
Ahh Golf, the eternal struggle between man and grass
#8chinezekid1Posted 7/19/2011 9:48:49 AM

Put shield block second in the macro, should do the trick

And will defeat the purpose of the macro. You want shield block up when you cast shield slam so you get the extra damage.
---
AMD Phenom II x3 (4th unlocked) @ 3.2ghz | 4GB DDR3-1600 | Sapphire Radeon HD 4850 | 2x250GB (RAID 0) +2tb storage | 680W | Antec Three Hundred | 1920x1080 -tox
#9SalvatorePosted 7/19/2011 10:33:00 AM
I wouldn't macro shield block to shield slam. There've been times where I've benefited from saving it as a magic damage reduction cooldown. Also, it's wasted if you're waiting to swap in on a tank rotation and you pop shield block 10 seconds before you have to taunt thanks to the macro. I keybind the two seperately.

Also, it is sometimes beneficial to have last stand and enraged regeneration as separate CDs - they're much more powerful when combined, yes, but often just one will be enough to survive and you could need the other later. Again, this is very fight dependent, as there's also plenty of situations when using the two together is beneficial. Still, however, the one case where it isn't is enough for it not to be worth macroing them together.

I'd recommend possibly macroing Berserker Rage to Inner Rage, however. You really need the extra rage from Berserker Rage to be up to make use of Inner Rage.
---
I am the man who arranges the blocks that descend upon me from up above
They come down and I spin them around and they fit in the ground like hand in glove