This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Removing the Monk's dps spec would truly be the best thing for Mists of Panderia

#1CynghaneddPosted 11/2/2011 6:14:35 PM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!80/80!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What with the Death Knights and the dungeon finder they really should have learned their lesson with WotLK - we know that Blizzard knows that the vast majority of bads that play this game won't tank or heal if they have the opportunity to dps

Classes don't even need a dps spec to level efficiently, especially with Cataclysm, so giving Monks a dps spec is a huge mistake to be honest

If they had two tanking specs and a healing spec, or two healing specs and a tanking spec, not only would the whole tank / healer shortage problem have solved itself (a problem that will undoubtedly be compounded with the addition of the raid finder, something Blizzard seems determined to see succeed), but they would have created a new class that was genuinely unlike the others

Even without a dps spec nothing would stop the Monk bandwagon, but now we're going to have nothing but stupid dps Monks everywhere

A golden opportunity to fix some of the problems with both the game and the player base, completely and utterly wasted
---
Small minds discuss people. Average minds discuss events. Great minds discuss ideas.
#2Blind_The_ThiefPosted 11/2/2011 6:23:30 PM
But then we'd just get monks trying to DPS in tank/heal specs taking up tank/heal slots.
---
Ridley will be playable in SSB4. If he is not, I will close my account.
#3HyperTailsManPosted 11/2/2011 6:26:20 PM
2 tank specs given we have a 2 heal spec class already.

Tank 1: Brewmaster, get drunk, resist damage. Breathe fire for aoe or something, whatnot.
Tank 2: Martial Artsy, dodge + counter, has a more timed "guard" command seeing as they like the whole "no auto-attack," why not remove "auto-savage defense" and make the player have a REALLY short defensive cooldown?
---
Just call me HTM
#4llamaman999Posted 11/2/2011 6:29:18 PM
Does it really matter? If those players weren't playing a DPS monk, they'd just be playing some other class as DPS
---
Do not want
#5Sir WillPosted 11/2/2011 6:45:25 PM
not only would the whole tank / healer shortage problem have solved itself

No it wouldn't.
---
River Song: Well, I was off to this gay gypsy bar mitzvah for the disabled when I thought 'Gosh, the Third Reich's a bit rubbish, I think i'll kill the Fuhrer'
#6FormalhautPosted 11/3/2011 12:06:09 AM(edited)
This would not be a good thing for the game at all. I assume that some people choose dps specs over tanks/healers because they aren't confident/competent enough to fulfill those roles. But, no matter what, people are going to play this class. Therefore they will play it in roles they suck at.

I'd rather wait 10 more minutes in a queue for a tank that is good enough to finish a dungeon in 30 minutes, than have an instant queue to spend 2 hours in a dungeon with horrible players.
---
"I think I've only ever had one or two wet dreams in my life. One was about Tifa from FFVII, and one was about a Gundam" - Eva
#7ArtosRCPosted 11/3/2011 12:26:44 AM
Close your account, bet welcher.

Also: Pandaria.
---
This is fact and cannot be disputed.
#8UrCa1988Posted 11/3/2011 12:32:44 AM

I'd rather wait 10 more minutes in a queue for a tank that is good enough to finish a dungeon in 30 minutes, than have an instant queue to spend 2 hours in a dungeon with horrible players.

This. I've had enough bad healers and bad tanks as all 3 roles to know that I'd rather wait that half hour for someone competent at the job than some idiot with a hobbled together set stressing the tank or healer and causing us to wipe just because they want a bag.
---
"I'd warn anyone who's in a relationship with a dolphin. You have to plan an exit strategy."
#9KikuichimonjiPosted 11/3/2011 3:09:22 AM
It will baffle me that a "martial artist" class just NOT about dealing damage
---
There's no point telling stupid people that they're stupid. They're too stupid to know that they're stupid. Wasted effort.
#10DragonOfTheFunkPosted 11/3/2011 3:10:39 AM
I personally want to make a dps pandaren monk named Aang.
---
Gaara of the Funk: This is my pet Dragon
Youtube name: DragonofEternity