This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best way to farm dream dust?

#1Paranoia_PandaPosted 1/27/2012 5:39:16 PM
I'm at a point in enchanting where dream dust is the only real option, but I need a lot of it (and it's expensive).

Is there a dungeon I can just repeatedly clear to disenchant the stuff?
#2roos1046 RebornPosted 1/27/2012 5:40:49 PM
I think their are fairies that sprinkle Dream Dust in some part of this game. I just don't remember where.
I farmed them to get a lot of it.
---
When did I realize I was God? Well, I was praying and I suddenly realized I was talking to myself.
#3dazbuzzPosted 1/27/2012 5:48:25 PM
Dream Dust, is that WoTLK? Get a bunch of frostweave and make tailoring stuff to DE? Running dungeons will just get you a bunch of blues. Check the AH for stuff to DE, you can usually find some cheap greens. Another option would be to do quests and DE the rewards.
---
id rather reign in hell, than serve in heaven.
http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz258/dazbuzz2/sig/KSH04.png
#4Paranoia_Panda(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2012 5:51:25 PM
dazbuzz posted...
Dream Dust, is that WoTLK? Get a bunch of frostweave and make tailoring stuff to DE? Running dungeons will just get you a bunch of blues. Check the AH for stuff to DE, you can usually find some cheap greens. Another option would be to do quests and DE the rewards.

Nah, Dream Dust is pre-BC I think (My enchanting is at 265 right now)
#5dazbuzzPosted 1/27/2012 5:57:14 PM
Well the same rules apply. Craft easy-to-make greens with a profession like tailoring/leatherworking, then DE them. I believe you would need runecloth?
---
id rather reign in hell, than serve in heaven.
http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz258/dazbuzz2/sig/KSH04.png
#6MegawizardPosted 1/27/2012 6:08:47 PM
"This dust is obtained by disenchanting items level 46-55 "

Greens from the service entrance side of Stratholme would be a good spot if you're inclined to run a dungeon a couple times. The lower portions of Blackrock Depths would work too.
---
The Gaga Law:
(RAH^2) (AH^3) + RO(MA + MAMA) + (GA^2) + OHH(LA^2) = Bad Romance
#7ChocoboMog123Posted 1/27/2012 7:22:27 PM
Buy low level greens of the AH (use Auctioneer).
---
"You're sorely underestimating the power of nostalgia goggles." - adjl
http://www.smbc-comics.com/comics/20110218.gif
#8CGoblinsPosted 1/27/2012 7:31:49 PM
I hear that if you leave your car unattended south of the mexican/us boarder there is a pretty good chance that after you cross into the US you'll have some.
---
PSN: CGoblin
Playing: UO and M&M: World of Xeen
#9jdinflamesPosted 1/27/2012 9:46:21 PM
dazbuzz posted...

Not quite. Trash drops a lot of greens as well as other crafting mats to make more greens. Dungeons got my enchanting up fairly quickly.
#10mageki11aPosted 1/27/2012 10:07:38 PM
Megawizard posted...
"This dust is obtained by disenchanting items level 46-55 "

Greens from the service entrance side of Stratholme would be a good spot if you're inclined to run a dungeon a couple times. The lower portions of Blackrock Depths would work too.

This. I farmed stratholme and bought greens from the ah