This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gnomish to Goblin Eng?

#1GhettoCorndogPosted 2/26/2012 10:52:17 PM
Chose Gnomish, got it to 300 at 49, but i just saw on my bank tab the recipe for GOBLIN jumper cables..... i want those.... bad. Can i switch to Goblin?
---
GhttoCrndg, you're the new man on the scene and I must say you have captured the hearts and minds of alts everywhere. Keep doing what you do, bro. - fatality6
#2ShadowEdgeXPosted 2/26/2012 10:56:37 PM(edited)
You can change, but the Jumper Cables (despite the name) are available to both Gnomish and Goblin Engineers.

These are teh exclusive recipes available only to Goblin/Gnomish Engineers

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=8126
http://www.wowhead.com/npc=29514
---
Proud to have formerly lived in the only country in the world whose National Sport has a sequel
#3GhettoCorndog(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2012 10:56:32 PM
When i right click on the recipe, my worgen gets all upset and says.... "I c*nt use that" And how do i change?
---
GhttoCrndg, you're the new man on the scene and I must say you have captured the hearts and minds of alts everywhere. Keep doing what you do, bro. - fatality6
#4ShadowEdgeXPosted 2/26/2012 10:58:56 PM
The deal with the DX cables is you need to be Goblin to MAKE them, but any Engineer can USE them. So just ask for a Goblin engineer in trade and provide the mats and you'll be all set even if you're gnomish.
---
Proud to have formerly lived in the only country in the world whose National Sport has a sequel
#5ryouma17Posted 2/26/2012 10:58:57 PM
stick with gnomish

people think you can only rez with the goblin jumper cables but their wrong, get your engineering to 350 or somewhere in that area and use the gnomish army knife. which is almost every crafter item(skinning knife miners pick arclightspanner etc.etc.) it also has an effect that grandmaster engineers can use which is the same effect as the goblin jumpers. the upside is its not just jumper cables its also every basic item you need to craft engineering items(blacksmith hammer arclight spanner and all that) and it only takes up 1 space :D

http://www.wowhead.com/item=40772
---
Ronnie O'Neal McLendon
08/09/1960 - 11/16/2011
#6RikkuEcRudPosted 2/27/2012 2:20:21 PM
Goblin Jumper Cables: made by any engineer
used by any engineer
33% success rate
does not bind

Goblin Jumper Cables XL: made by Goblin Engineers
used by any Engineer
50% success rate
does not bind

Gnomish Army Knife: made by any Engineer
revive function used by any Grand Master Engineer or better
tools used by anyone
66% success rate
does not bind

Anyway, right now both are equal. In Wrath Goblin was better for melee characters and they were equal for ranged characters because of the Goblin-only Global Thermal Sapper Charge which did more damage than Saronite Bombs and could be substituted every five bomb uses(it has it's own 5 min CD and activates the regular bombs' 1 minute CD) but was targeted at your feet and hit you too.

I'd suggest being Goblin if you're melee in case they add something like the Global Thermal Sapper Charge again in the future, but if it does be sure to only use it when your healers can handle the extra damage. Do whichever you want if you're ranged.
---
Tuac yhoputo amca kad dra vaamehk dryd Rikku yht Paine yna macpeyhc fedr aylrudran? E tuipd E's dra uhmo uha...
You may remember me as CharmanderAgumon02