This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Valor points in MoP confusion

#1salmanyousifPosted 5/26/2012 7:37:33 PM
So in MoP, we will be using Valor points to upgrade Epic items instead of buying PvE gear.

My question is, will I be able to upgrade Gurthalak voice of the deep to a level 90 item (instead of transmoging it to a level 90 2-h sword) or is there a restriction on how many required level or ilevel we can increase? So even after using Valor points to upgrade Gurthalak voice of the deep, would it more useful if I upgrade it using Valor points or simply getting a level 90 item?

I am confused about what type of items we can upgrade and the restrictions.

I hope someone can give me a detailed explantion of how it's going go work in MoP.
#2Ness0123456789Posted 5/26/2012 7:38:35 PM
We don't know yet.

All we know is what you heard, VP will be used to upgrade the ilvl of gear. As to what that means, what gear is applicable, and how much it costs is still unknown.
---
Each person might see a rose with a different shade of red, but the fact that we can all agree on is beauty -- that is a miracle.
-Michea, FFXI
#3angrywalrus13Posted 5/26/2012 8:43:26 PM
What Ness said. I imagine it'd only be applied to items above a certain item level. They did also mention that there'd be a limit on how much you could upgrade gear (duh). Chances are you wouldn't want to use any (and wouldn't be able to get any, most likely) until level 90.
---
Thomx
like tommicks
#4tiger002Posted 5/26/2012 8:52:31 PM
I think the limit is so that a lfr item could not be as good as a normal mode item with the upgrade. Like, you could upgrade a 384 piece to 390 or a 397 piece to 403, something like that.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#5VelociswaggerPosted 5/26/2012 9:00:33 PM
I actually approve of this idea. Despite the stupidity of Pandas, this xpac is looking good.
---
When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die.