This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Account bound mount restriction list

#1scarecrowsPosted 5/31/2012 4:49:49 PM
Time to nerf fun! Just like with mogging, they have released a list of restrictions to account bound mounts. These are not allowed to be shared.

Acherus Deathcharger
Argent Charger
Argent Warhorse
Azure Cloud Serpent
Cataclysmic Gladiator's Twilight Drake
Crimson Cloud Serpent
Dawnstone Panther
Deadly Gladiator's Frost Wyrm
Dreadsteed
Emerald Panther
Felsteed
Furious Gladiator's Frost Wyrm
Goblin Mini Hotrod
Golden Cloud Serpent
Grand Expedition Yak
Grand Ice Mammoth
Ice Mammoth
Jade Cloud Serpent
Jeweled Onyx Panther
Mechano-Hog
Mekgineer's Chopper
Onyx Cloud Serpent
Relentless Gladiator's Frost Wyrm
Ruby Panther
Ruthless Gladiator's Twilight Drake
Sandstone Drake
Sapphire Panther
Subdued Seahorse
Summon Charger
Summon Exarch's Elekk
Summon Great Exarch's Elekk
Summon Great Sunwalker Kodo
Summon Sunwalker Kodo
Summon Thalassian Charger
Summon Thalassian Warhorse
Summon Warhorse
Swift Mooncloth Carpet
Swift Shadoweave Carpet
Swift Spellfire Carpet
Traveler's Tundra Mammoth
Traveler's Tundra Mammoth
Vicious Gladiator's Twilight Drake
Winged Steed of the Ebon Blade
Wrathful Gladiator's Frost Wyrm

This is extremely stupid. The whole point of account bound mounts/pets/achievements is not being stuck with a "main". A lot of us want to switch our mains sometimes but having all our cool mounts and whatnot on that character holds us back. I guess I'm stuck with my paladin.
---
Tanks. Insta Q's = Insta QQ's
#2dwarfkickerPosted 5/31/2012 4:54:29 PM
I too think it's dumb, but I have 119 mounts and I don't use more than half of them so some of the ones on the list really don't bother me.

Profession Mounts and Class Mounts I totally understand not being shared.

That said, I have a Sandstone Drake and that took time and a ton of gold to get. There is no way in hell I'm doing that again on another character.
---
Stupidity is a disease that is only cured with a bullet to the head...or an education
#3piplupzeroPosted 5/31/2012 4:56:33 PM
All the race/class exclusive ones make sense, Dunno why the multi person and gladiator mounts aren't account bound, Ah well, Not as bad as I thought tbh, The only ones that should suprise anyone are the two I mentioned as having paladin mounts on a death knight makes no sense and if you honestly expected the allys to be able to use the horde mounts...lol
#4Ashen_VerdictPosted 5/31/2012 5:23:10 PM(edited)
I'm a little angered by the motorcycles being excluded. I JUST got one in preparation for MoP, too... Should've known better.

Edit: At least the headless horseman's mount is going to be account bound. I tried on around 8 different characters every single day last year and didn't get a single drop.
---
Herp
Derp
#5The_Blue_BullPosted 5/31/2012 5:05:46 PM
So class, goldsink, profession, and glad mounts?

I'm fine with that
---
What would Warchief Garrosh do if he were here right now?
Dalaran-US: Brolex, Mistuhbull, Varayonal
#6VelociswaggerPosted 5/31/2012 5:10:33 PM
So class, goldsink, profession, and glad mounts?

I'm fine with that

This
I got nervous thinking the Swift Zulian Tiger was going to show up in that list.
---
When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die.
#72Cold_ScorpioPosted 5/31/2012 5:11:28 PM
It kinda sucks my alts won't be able to use my main's money-sink mounts like Vial of the Sands and Traveler's Tundra Mammoth. But even so, my rare drop mounts like Rivendare's Deathcharger and Raven Lord *will* be account-wide, and that's what I wanted anyways.
---
EVGA GTX 460 1GB SC | C2D E6750 @ 3.2 | Abit IP-35 Pro | 4GB Patriot DDR2 | Mushkin Chronos 120GB SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung F4 | X-Fi Titanium HD | 25" HP 2509b
#8tote_allPosted 5/31/2012 5:13:35 PM
Remove Gladiator ones (I have none) from restrictions, and it'd make sense.
#9AshrahnPosted 5/31/2012 5:17:45 PM
Makes perfect sense to me, really. Except the Chopper.. that's a big wtf. So will the RAF and the Scroll of Rez mounts become BoA like I'm hoping?
#10XXHornDogXXPosted 5/31/2012 5:24:33 PM
Would you be able to use the Class and Profession mounts on other characters that are the same class or have the same Profession required to use said mount? Otherwise im totally fine with this. A Hunter obviously shouldnt be using a Paladin mount.

But the Gold sink mounts? Come on, blizz. Its like i sorta understand what blizz is trying to do here on one hand, but on the other im super pissed like most other people. If the major Gold sink mounts are account bound, less people would buy them. Which means people will hoard lots of gold and hove nothing to spend it on and QQ to Blizz. Not only that but inflation will go up since more people will have more gold and just be dumping it back into the economy via Auction House rather then a NPC Vendor. Then theres also the people who will QQ to Blizz about how they spent so much gold on these Gold sink mounts for their alts, and now their account bound so they wasted their money.

PvP mounts i dont really care about personally since i dont have any and dont plan on getting any. I just hope Blizz dont add TCG mounts/pets to this list, otherwise they will receive a very strongly worded letter from me.
---
no Sig master race