This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Should WoW be an Olympic sport?

#51Cphyr81Posted 7/28/2012 10:01:01 AM
XtraT posted...
Should be able to mod stupid polls.

this
---
A kick to the teeth is good for some
A kiss with a fist is better then none
#52Ravenius_sorsPosted 7/28/2012 10:13:42 AM(edited)
Hell no, only fatties and people who never did competition sports would say yes.

Sitting behind your computer all day playing a game is nothing. I get paid money for sitting behind my computer, the difference is I create software. The only muscles being developed are gigantic roids.

You should reconsider your life if you think playing wow 6 hours a day to be good is a sport. You dont even get paid, you develop no muscles, you accomplish absolutely nothing. In fact, it is a good way to accelerate your death. Its not an impressive feat if you can kill 3 person. It is not.

With sports, you at least achieve something. You are in shape, you can PVP without sweating, you can walk stairs without sweating. Chances are you have a good developed and are not a skinny fat, long haired metal listening chump or a flabby ballboy.
#53PHOENIXZEROPosted 7/28/2012 10:19:41 AM
Zen_Zarab posted...
How about a separate, Game Only Olympics.

Just like there is paralympic games. :P

If only the typical "e-athlete" was half as athletic as those guys.
---
Got a stupid question that's already been answered a thousand times? Check this site out! http://www.google.com
#54TedCandymanPosted 7/28/2012 11:22:58 AM
Absolutely not.
#55SunDevil77Posted 7/28/2012 11:32:16 AM
LightHawKnight: It's a sad day when calling someone a "toddler" is considered an "interesting retort."
---
"Mirror, mirror on the wall. Jean Claude Van DAMME, I'm fine!"
#56CyhortI82Posted 7/28/2012 11:39:23 AM
NO!

E-sports are NOT sports. It's bad enough that people online worship people just for being good at a video game, the last thing we need is to give them medals that should be for, you know, actual athletes.
---
TheTygerfire is the love of my life.
I believe in the Straight Edge Savior and the Mizziah
#57AuRoN_iZ_SiCkPosted 7/28/2012 12:02:10 PM
that is a stupid question, playing video games is not a sport. People who truly believe that it should be in the Olympics, needs to leave their mom's basement and go out in the sun.
#58FighterOfFirePosted 7/28/2012 12:35:44 PM
OH NO, WE HAVE INSULTED THE OLYMPICS! WE MUST FLEE TO SHELTER BEFORE WE INCUR THE WRATH FOR EVEN SUGGESTING SUCH A FRIVOLOUS TRAVESTY!
---
... And that's how I went from 450 karma to 377 karma in 2 hours.
#59FrankIinPosted 7/28/2012 5:30:22 PM
no1oblivionfan posted...
Seriously, "Olympic" is a bit extreme, do you even realise what type of physical training it takes to prepare for the Olympics? 4 years of constant training.. It would be insulting/ an embarrassment to every athlete there to introduce WoW into the Olympics and it would make the entire competition a joke.

A more recognised sport? Sure, why not? But Olympic is just too far.

I found this so confusing?
Some people have spent nearly a decade playing WoW, spending every day fine-tuning and researching how to make their character stronger.
#60Ravenius_sorsPosted 7/28/2012 6:04:19 PM(edited)
FrankIin posted...
no1oblivionfan posted...
Seriously, "Olympic" is a bit extreme, do you even realise what type of physical training it takes to prepare for the Olympics? 4 years of constant training.. It would be insulting/ an embarrassment to every athlete there to introduce WoW into the Olympics and it would make the entire competition a joke.

A more recognised sport? Sure, why not? But Olympic is just too far.

I found this so confusing?
Some people have spent nearly a decade playing WoW, spending every day fine-tuning and researching how to make their character stronger.

It takes more skill to dodge a punch IRL then in WoW. In WoW you dont even have to do anything...