This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How are mages at soloing in MoP?

#1Eye_of_HorusPosted 7/31/2012 1:12:02 PM
I'm thinking about maintaining my mage main through MoP, but I also like to solo certain things, how are mages going to be at soloing old content (and what about self-healing, are they getting decent self-heals?)
---
they're coming!
#2KrozardPosted 7/31/2012 1:36:12 PM
If I'm reading this right...there's a talent that gives 100% absorb for 4 seconds, and then heals back all damage absorbed over 6 seconds.

What I'm more curious about is how the Ancient Portal/Teleport: Dalaran spell differs from the normal Portal/Teleport: Dalaran spell.
---
this space intentionally left blank
#3TaaronPosted 7/31/2012 1:58:39 PM
Krozard posted...
If I'm reading this right...there's a talent that gives 100% absorb for 4 seconds, and then heals back all damage absorbed over 6 seconds.

What I'm more curious about is how the Ancient Portal/Teleport: Dalaran spell differs from the normal Portal/Teleport: Dalaran spell.

Isn't Kirin Tor ie Dalaran joining the alliance against the horde in the new expansion? I would guess one portal brings you to the WotLK Dalaran which is still neutral while one is alliance based and current.
---
Nothing wrong with a 40 year old man watching anime intended for 5 year old Japanese girls.
#4ryouma17Posted 7/31/2012 2:16:27 PM
Krozard posted...

according to this
http://mop.wowhead.com/spell=120146/ancient-portal-dalaran#comments

the ancient dalaran spell teleports you to dalaran crater while the regular dalaran teleport still teleports you to northrend
---
Ronnie O'Neal McLendon
08/09/1960 - 11/16/2011
#5Sephiroth ZetaPosted 7/31/2012 5:02:24 PM
What about the soloability of mages?
---
This is my signature, there are many like it, but this one is mine.
#6MarikhenPosted 7/31/2012 5:10:55 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that it'll be at least as easy as it is in Cataclysm and probably even easier given that Blizzard has been steadily lowering the IQ requirement for solo/leveling content with every patch.
---
Stop complaining. I could have done this more painfully. - Dryad from Sacred 2.
#7xVSaNxPosted 8/7/2012 9:14:45 AM
mages have always been good at soloing multiple mobs so they should continue to be in mop but i havent played beta to give you more detailed info
#8Retroxgamer0Posted 8/7/2012 10:15:49 AM
fire mages have it harder because they dont have a reliable aoe snare anymore, so kiting is harder.
#9DawnshadowPosted 8/7/2012 10:30:55 AM(edited)
Ancient Portal is a joke, the joke being that the Portal to Dalaran sends you to where Dalaran used to be.

It might also be to give Alliance a fast way to the northern EK challenge modes and/or PvZ minigame. ;)
---
'Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the Character Battle.' --MetroidSuperfan on GlaDOS' loss.
The Topic Killer since 2001