This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So what is the Panda mount then?

#11GilaMonsterPosted 8/23/2012 8:53:46 AM
Nice pun. :D

Been awhile since I've seen the film, so thanks for the corrections.
---
Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
#12VeiledGenesisPosted 8/23/2012 8:54:56 AM
Your girlfriend. And mother. Tied up. Together.
---
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.
#13ryanell666(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2012 9:03:07 AM
menalaos1971 posted...
Oh, I've seen that movie. I liked it. It was funny.

I just guess I didn't think anyone could be so completely, mind-numbingly stupid to try to connect the two. Then again, the abject stupidity of the mouth breathing masses shouldn't surprise me anymore.

The Pandaren as an idea (the old April Fools Joke) is far, far older, as is there actual appearance in War Craft 3. Hell, there were even Chen Stormstout tied quests in vanilla in the Barrens.

I'm a solid believer that WoW is ripping off Kung-Fu Panda....and I don't rally care which property came first....

yeah yeah yeah, blah blah blah...."Pandarians first showed up in WC3, 6 years before that movie....haha shows what you know.."....F-that!......

......Blizzard didn't have the good sense to run with it anytime during the 8 year history of WoW to make Pandarian an integral part of the game, or more to the point, intergral to the whole WARCRAFT universe before 5.0 or before the movie itself?

The majority of players waaaaaaaay back, when Blizzard had a real PC gamer base, knew it was a cute little joke to put in that game, now 10 years after the fact they are doing something about it because those real PC gamers are being replaced by kids that don't really know any better and were raised on that movie....classic McDonalds style marketing here kiddies.

I think the fact that Blizzard making up the "Kung Fu Panda" idea first shields them from getting their ass sued off by Spielberg himself.......

but it was the movie that revolutionized and POPULARIZED the entire concept of a martial-arts wielding Panda bear. Now they are just using that imagery to entice the kiddies to stay in WoW and ignore any other MMO coming out.

MISTS OF PANDARIA RIPS OFF KUNG FU PANDA.....FACT!.....fanboys just need to get over themselves....
#14Lightning BoltPosted 8/23/2012 9:11:45 AM
I just guess I didn't think anyone could be so completely, mind-numbingly stupid to try to connect the two. Then again, the abject stupidity of the mouth breathing masses shouldn't surprise me anymore.

>Calls "the masses" stupid
>Takes 3 posts to get the joke about Kung Fu Pandas and Martial Artist Pandaren, even after being explicitly told

http://i.imgur.com/H9rL5.gif

>Using greentext on GameFAQs
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev
#15GilaMonsterPosted 8/23/2012 9:12:16 AM
ryanell666 posted...
menalaos1971 posted...

The Pandaren as an idea (the old April Fools Joke) is far, far older, as is there actual appearance in War Craft 3. Hell, there were even Chen Stormstout tied quests in vanilla in the Barrens.

I'm a solid believer that WoW is ripping off Kung-Fu Panda....and I don't rally care which property came first....

yeah yeah yeah, blah blah blah...."Pandarians first showed up in WC3, 6 years before that movie....haha shows what you know.."....F-that!......

......Blizzard didn't have the good sense to run with it anytime during the 8 year history of WoW to make Pandarian an integral part of the game, or more to the point, intergral to the whole WARCRAFT universe before 5.0 or before the movie itself?

The majority of players waaaaaaaay back, when Blizzard had a real PC gamer base, knew it was a cute little joke to put in that game, now 10 years after the fact they are doing something about it because those real PC gamers are being replaced by kids that don't really know any better and were raised on that movie....classic McDonalds style marketing here kiddies.

I think the fact that Blizzard making up the "Kung Fu Panda" idea first shields them from getting their ass sued off by Spielberg himself.......

but it was the movie that revolutionized and POPULARIZED the entire concept of a martial-arts wielding Panda bear. Now they are just using that imagery to entice the kiddies to stay in WoW and ignore any other MMO coming out.

MISTS OF PANDARIA RIPS OFF KUNG FU PANDA.....FACT!.....fanboys just need to get over themselves....

Stylistically and timing-wise, that may very well be a valid point. Blizzard will jump on a trend like a hungry Doberman on a pork chop.

However, you're not taking into account that people have been clamoring for playable Pandaren since Vanilla launch. Pandaren were supposed to be playable in Burning Crusade, but the idea was scrapped for various reasons, including early press leaks (the whole "sacred panda" thing is urban legend).

So, as far as Blizzard's concerned, it's pure serendipity. The popularity of Pandaren combined with the Kung Fu Panda craze = golden.
---
Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
#16ryanell666(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2012 9:21:26 AM
GilaMonster posted...
ryanell666 posted...
menalaos1971 posted...

Stylistically and timing-wise, that may very well be a valid point. Blizzard will jump on a trend like a hungry Doberman on a pork chop.

However, you're not taking into account that people have been clamoring for playable Pandaren since Vanilla launch. Pandaren were supposed to be playable in Burning Crusade, but the idea was scrapped for various reasons, including early press leaks (the whole "sacred panda" thing is urban legend).

So, as far as Blizzard's concerned, it's pure serendipity. The popularity of Pandaren combined with the Kung Fu Panda craze = golden.

Like I said, they had 8 years to do 'something' with pandas......heck, i'd take it more seriously if they just put one or two random panda vendors in the more obscure parts of Azeroth and Outlands just to breed the culture and lore a bit...
#17GilaMonsterPosted 8/23/2012 9:26:41 AM
There were the old Chen's Keg (Barrel?) quests in The Barrens 'way back in the Dim Time, and there were other references scattered hither and yon.

Now, I could be mistaken, but I seem to recall that the Pandaren were supposed to be "lost"... basically passing into legend. Maybe that's why it took 8 years? Then again, maybe I'm being terribly terribly naive...
---
#18Freak ShowPosted 8/23/2012 9:45:25 AM
A group of kids in stormwind used to make pandaren references. Don't know if they still do after cata.
---
"The reason i love the $ store is I don't have to get all dressed up like I'm going to Wal-Mart or something" - Trailer trash on the news
#19ryanell666(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2012 9:50:51 AM
Vanilla CE pet, kids references and a broken quest is hardly the kind if immersion I'd expect when entering a new speices into the fold.

...again, I'd rather meet Chen as he wanders random parts of Azeroth giving a brief description of his origins and his race,...before offering to sell different versions of the noggenfogger.......

at MINIMUM that would've been acceptable.
#20_Anticlimactic_Posted 8/23/2012 10:08:40 AM
protip- the pandas are to pander to thier largest audience (pre teens).

activision did it with WotLK and casuals, and they are doing it again. so in all seriousness, yes it may be a rocket cart.