This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Shadow Priest PvE

#1mr_manly_chickPosted 8/30/2012 4:21:29 AM
I found a good PvP rotation and tip video on Youtube, but the only PvE one I could find was narrated by a guy I couldn't understand AT ALL. I looked on Icy-veins for rotation and following that to a T, I'm only getting around 14k on single target dummy. My Ilvl is 370, so I thought it should be higher on Single.

Would anyone mind putting up their rotation for me? The weird guy in the video said something about opening with MB then stacking Flay x10 then Dev Plague, then rotation? Idk.
---
Vizzini: Jump in after her! Inigo Montoya: I can't swim.
Fezzik: I only dog paddle. Vizzini: AGGHH!
#2KokeiiPosted 8/30/2012 4:24:49 AM(edited)
The priority is basically: MB, VT, SWP, Mind Flay in between. Weave in instant MS as they proc, as well as instant MB if you chose that talent. Only DP when you have 3 orbs.

Edit: If you are using a SKULL level training dummy, they are currently level 93 I believe, so that could explain your really low DPS (lots of misses). Try on a level 85 dummy.
#3menalaos1971Posted 8/30/2012 5:53:07 AM
Make sure you are NOT testing on the Raid Boss dummy. Those leveled up to 93 with the Patch. Test it on a level 85 dummy.
---
The secret to life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.
#4mr_manly_chick(Topic Creator)Posted 8/30/2012 7:06:19 AM
Yeah, I always make sure to use the 85 dummy. I tried the weird youtube vid rotation and it went up about 500 measly dps points. The one up above raised it about 2000, which I'm hoping will get better with practice.
---
#5Nightbird_XPosted 8/30/2012 7:31:24 AM(edited)
Quote:Yeah, I always make sure to use the 85 dummy. I tried the weird youtube vid rotation and it went up about 500 measly dps points. The one up above raised it about 2000, which I'm hoping will get better with practice.
@mr_manly_chick

http://icy-veins.com/shadow-priest-wow-pve-dps-rotation-cooldowns-abilities

You say you looked at it but get low DPS and Kokeii's system gives you better DPS? It's almost exact same except for he listed Mind Blast ahead of DoTs.

It's not the guides, it's definitely you bro. Check out the reforging/stats page as well; you probably have an extra 1% hit
you can free up, as casters only need 15% now... If you were even hit-capped before patch that is.

---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
#6mr_manly_chick(Topic Creator)Posted 8/30/2012 10:46:24 AM
Here's my Armory, and as you can tell I'm not in the best gear yet. I don't play that much on this toon. Most of my time is on my Hunter and the dk I just got to 85 a few weeks ago. I actually haven't PvE'd with this toon in months, and only ran a few bgs to get my honor capped before MoP comes out.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/shattered-halls/Buttercup/simple
---