This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any Idea How to Kill the Darkmoon Rabbit?

#1Dark Dragon LancunPosted 9/2/2012 3:59:32 AM
Behold the cave of Kyre Ban-okay, nevermind.

So I'm really confused about the rabbit.

I remember that it's possible to solo the thing with a pet/minion, but they added a hundred million health to it...and that exploit might've been fixed.

They can't seriously expect you to zerg the thing with 40 players when some servers are dead as a doorknob and would pretty much be impossible to attain on said servers unless the pet exploit is still possible. Anything less than 30 is prone to wiping when the rez cooldown builds too high.

So is raiding it throughout Mists pretty much the only way to do that much damage to it that quickly?
---
I will warn you now, that if asked whether I am recyclable or not...I am, for sure, non-recyclable.
Soul Silver FC: 1935 2931 5977 Sol Battle Guild Record: 4-1
#2Lightning BoltPosted 9/2/2012 4:03:18 AM
We got like 80 people on him on my server. It's really that difficult to find a group right now since it's new, I just showed up and there was already a raid there.

The issue we had killing him was that he would always bug out. I was there for some half an hour and he started "Evading" twice, and when we got him down to 10mil or so his health reset. >_>
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev
#3shawn10000000Posted 9/2/2012 4:04:13 AM
Until mop when we can get holy hand grenades, pretty much takes a whole server to kill it.
#4ElaeusPosted 9/2/2012 4:25:19 AM
Ok please bear for me for a bit, because what I am about to post might sound dumb.

What is Darkmoon Rabbit? I stopped doing Darkmoon activities 3 months ago since I got all what I was after: Pets and Mounts, and maxed the last pits of my alts' crafting in the process. If anybody can explain in some details(no links please, am on a phone), I will appreciate it.
---
'I am always surprised at how you, a Czech, have better grammar, spelling, and style than many native born speakers in the U.S.' -Ruvan22
#5Dark Dragon Lancun(Topic Creator)Posted 9/2/2012 4:31:22 AM
The Darkmoon Rabbit is a world boss parody of the Rabbit from Monty Python and the Holy Grail. It has 172 million health.

Pretty much just as fearsome as the one in the movie, it one-shots (not an actual one-shot, but it drains all of your health in a couple of seconds) anyone who has agro.

Killing it awards the epic pet of the same name (which is also BoE, so there's definitely money to be made from it as well.)

The fight, until we get some means to kill it solo like the rumored Holy Hand Grenade, is pretty much a zerg-fest with everyone DPSing the hell out of it until they die, run back, repeat and hope you kill it before it kills you. Needs several dozen people from what I've seen.
---
I will warn you now, that if asked whether I am recyclable or not...I am, for sure, non-recyclable.
Soul Silver FC: 1935 2931 5977 Sol Battle Guild Record: 4-1
#6gamefaqwatcherPosted 9/2/2012 7:01:55 AM
Badgrand -US downed it a few hours ago. Just a 40 man group, some of the worst pugs as well lol.

Had 2-3 bears and tanked him inside the cave (he may jump on someone outside and reset due to distance). Just get people to stand inside or run back in after every face grab.
#7Lightning BoltPosted 9/2/2012 8:20:02 AM
Pretty much just as fearsome as the one in the movie, it one-shots (not an actual one-shot, but it drains all of your health in a couple of seconds) anyone who has agro.

Do you mean where he drags you out into the water doing damage? Because even as dps that never oneshot me, it just got me low on health if nobody bothered healing me.
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev
#8functionzer0Posted 9/2/2012 8:49:57 AM
gamefaqwatcher posted...
Badgrand -US downed it a few hours ago. Just a 40 man group, some of the worst pugs as well lol.

Had 2-3 bears and tanked him inside the cave (he may jump on someone outside and reset due to distance). Just get people to stand inside or run back in after every face grab.

Oh hey I'm on Nagrand too :> Was this alliance or horde side?
---
Dasher? That's a stupid name, my name is Marmaduke.
#9gamefaqwatcherPosted 9/2/2012 9:53:12 AM
Alliance. I think horde side is slowly dieing.

About respawn timers. Going to be 6 hours since the kill, no rabbit yet.