This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How are Priests looking in MoP?

#1DemosKonradPosted 9/12/2012 12:44:50 PM
I haven't played since the end of WotlK. I very briefly played in Cata but not long enough to really get much out of it. I think I'll be starting again upon the MoP release but I'm wondering if anyone knows how Priests will be, particularly as heals?

I loved Discipline healing at the time of WotlK, but in Cata they seemed pretty gimped. Shadow seemed okay and I think for a moment was top tier but not for long. Thoughts?
---
"I hear the camera adds 10 pounds. Looks like you've eaten 5 cameras." ~ Steve Carell
#2DemosKonrad(Topic Creator)Posted 9/13/2012 2:03:52 PM
bump
---
"I hear the camera adds 10 pounds. Looks like you've eaten 5 cameras." ~ Steve Carell
#3Beet_JuicePosted 9/13/2012 2:21:04 PM
Penance is beast and there's a lot of animosity from the community towards Disc/DPSers... I'll tell you that.

Hey, what do you want me to do? (to jerks I dungeon with, not the GameFAQs readers...) I chose Shadow, but Disc (my 2ndary) is just straight stronger right now. I don't want to heal, I want to win at the recount DPS meta-game...

I can also tell you that I've encountered a number of awkward situations where the healer decides they would rather DPS if they have a Priest DPS in the party; in their mind, they can just rely on my incidental healing...

And then we wipe against a big pull because no one is watching the party's health, casting bubbles, etc...

Anyway, note that I'm only level 72 and this is all in the context of TBC Heroic and early Wrath dungeons...

For PVP, I'm very casual so I can't really tell you if they're better or worse than pre 5.0.4. Penance is very very strong...
#4Smoking_HamsterPosted 9/13/2012 3:07:38 PM
With their eyes.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrSmokinghamster
#5PanzerscrapPosted 9/13/2012 8:38:20 PM
Couldn't say how MoP priests are going to pan out since I did not play the beta, but 85 priest with the 5.0 changes are fairly decent. Disc is actually ridiculous, since you can pretty much HF/Smite heal all the heroics and barely use any mana. Crazy.
#6Demon SlicerPosted 9/13/2012 10:24:44 PM
Beet_Juice posted...
Penance is beast and there's a lot of animosity from the community towards Disc/DPSers... I'll tell you that.

Hey, what do you want me to do? (to jerks I dungeon with, not the GameFAQs readers...) I chose Shadow, but Disc (my 2ndary) is just straight stronger right now. I don't want to heal, I want to win at the recount DPS meta-game...

Might wanna reroll for MoP then.
---
GT: Makes It Rayne
"Incendite tenebras mundi" - "Liberi Fatali"
#7Haley Joel OsmentPosted 9/14/2012 1:04:33 AM
Shadow's rotation has been oversimplified IMO. It's now eerily similar to the braindead Survival rotation, just with several less cooldowns to pop.

---
I see dead people.
#8flairePosted 9/14/2012 9:21:31 AM
At 85 the shields and healing of priests is rather redonk

However the scaling to 90 means heals and shielding will only go up a little bit while life bars and damage will scale up a ton.

They are pretty similar to the other healers for pve in terms of healing/absorb ability at 90.

In pvp they lost mana burn which chops out a ton of the facerolling they were doing in certain situations.

Shadow dmg/shields is high at 85 but again, will scale to average levels at 90. Spriests have even more cc now which is the main change for them.
---
So many games......So little time.......
#9Demon SlicerPosted 9/14/2012 9:40:52 AM
Haley Joel Osment posted...
Shadow's rotation has been oversimplified IMO. It's now eerily similar to the braindead Survival rotation, just with several less cooldowns to pop.

Yup, I hate it.
---
GT: Makes It Rayne
"Incendite tenebras mundi" - "Liberi Fatali"
#10superhoffyPosted 9/14/2012 9:40:53 AM
the shell cooldown that makes all your next heals into mega shields is pretty cool, me gusta