This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

i'm new and am using a free ten day trial

#1LakinnnnnPosted 9/16/2012 2:23:13 AM
a few questions
1. i'm in a world with a castle and they're making me kill black wolves and goblins, is this the actual WOW world or a tutorial?
2. somehow i picked a rogue human, i don't remember ever doing so, what is the best way to approach building such a character?

a few comments
i love the game, the exploration, the random things you see, the community, love it all, even the art style and graphics, yeah they're not perfect but it feels right the way it is.
i'm already addicted, but i can only play five hours a day.

typically, if you aren't questing, what are some things to do in WOW? is exploration big? are there interesting things to find? is the world big enough for that to be something to do?
what else should i know? never played before tonight.
---
http://i48.tinypic.com/b7hocn.jpg
#2ZiJing93Posted 9/16/2012 4:14:42 AM
Hey there!

Hmm. I have no answer to your first question... However, for your second question, you can look up guides on building up a Rogue. A good help-site you can go to are GameFAQs, the WoW forums, albeit both having massive amounts of trolls, or my favourite search bot, www.wowhead.com.

Generally, you stack Agility and a bit of Stamina, you are a DPS class, you can CC, poison, perma stun in team/PVP play.

Hmm, WoW is a pretty huge ass place. I've been playing on and off since 07 and I can't for the love of God explore fully this world. As such, there have been achievements based on exploration and the like.

If you're not questing, you can always do some trading, level your profession skills, troll on Trade chat, go do some dungeons, explore the land, play some PVP or other weird stuff. Your first dungeon should be unlocked at lv 15, though I do not think you have much to do in-game until you subscribe. Tough luck, cause you just missed out on one of the biggest discounts Blizzard has slashed on WoW ever, just a few weeks ago. If you're tight on cash, you can wait until Christmas for the prices to be discounted.
---
1634-9047-8712 HG (Eng)
1249-3463-6279 Black (Eng)
#3Lightning BoltPosted 9/16/2012 4:22:09 AM
somehow i picked a rogue human, i don't remember ever doing so,

For some reason this really tickled me. I guffawed mightily as a result.
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev
#4xHFxPosted 9/16/2012 4:38:49 AM
I thought the game became free already yet limited
#5vahndragonwingPosted 9/16/2012 5:16:59 AM
xHFx posted...
I thought the game became free already yet limited

It is. Until level 20.
---
"Is metroid's gun part of his suit or is it part of his arm, like the guy from final fantasy 8?"
#6fan360Posted 9/16/2012 5:45:55 AM
but i can only play five hours a day.

You need to play at least the normal 40 hours a week.
Or the GM will kick you.
#7vahndragonwingPosted 9/16/2012 5:50:29 AM
fan360 posted...

Or the GM will kick you.

Hey look, it's one of those trolls that you were told about!
---
"Is metroid's gun part of his suit or is it part of his arm, like the guy from final fantasy 8?"
#8Nightbird_XPosted 9/16/2012 5:54:15 AM
Quote:a few questions
1. i'm in a world with a castle and they're making me kill black wolves and goblins, is this the actual WOW world or a tutorial?
2. somehow i picked a rogue human, i don't remember ever doing so, what is the best way to approach building such a character?

a few comments
i love the game, the exploration, the random things you see, the community, love it all, even the art style and graphics, yeah they're not perfect but it feels right the way it is.
i'm already addicted, but i can only play five hours a day.

typically, if you aren't questing, what are some things to do in WOW? is exploration big? are there interesting things to find? is the world big enough for that to be something to do?
what else should i know? never played before tonight.

@Lakinnnnn

1. Yes, it's the actual WoW world. There are no "practice" or "tutorial" zones. You're thrown into the game, but it has pop-up hints and tips to assist you in learning.

2. You picked this class from the login screen. When clicking New Character, you choose your race, class, and all features for your race such as hair, facial expression, etc. it's really preference, the skill specializtions have their own description. Choose what you think is fun!

Other than questing, you can do PvP starting at level 10. Exploration isn't recommended as you'll likely encounter higher level enemies and thus will just be repeatedly killed. After level 13 (I think? Somewhere in there), you can use dungeon finder to group with other people automatically for a random dungeon, which rewards you with gear.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
#9Lightning BoltPosted 9/16/2012 6:06:16 AM
fan360 posted...

Or the GM will kick you.

http://i.imgur.com/JVP4O.jpg
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev
#10vahndragonwingPosted 9/16/2012 6:10:35 AM
Lightning Bolt posted...
fan360 posted...

Or the GM will kick you.

http://i.imgur.com/JVP4O.jpg

No, I got it. He was saying that 5 hours is borderline excessive, and making a joke making it seem like 5 hours was a miniscule amount of time.

But the dude is new; he might not know the difference. Might not know the guy is joking. I mean hell, he ACCIDENTALLY picked a rogue.
---