This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Guardian Druid lazy tank macros

#11Lightning Bolt(Topic Creator)Posted 9/23/2012 12:16:02 PM
Up for knowledge.
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev
#12Sephiroth C RyuPosted 9/23/2012 10:00:19 PM
I'll post some I had at some point. Right now though, sleepy sleep.
---
I am the Hunter of Topics. My post never fails to kill its prey.
*pounces* Nyaa!
#13Lightning Bolt(Topic Creator)Posted 9/24/2012 10:34:18 AM
I'll post some I had at some point.

What were they?
I can only really imagine they would be outdated now, Guardian has a slightly different rotation than the old Feral tank. A much easier rotation too (as evidenced by the fact that it can be automated).
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev
#14JonnieWestPosted 9/24/2012 10:50:15 AM
Does that single-target macro assume people are using the Glyph of Fae Silence to tank? cause it wouldn't seem to use FF nearly enough.
---
That's five minutes of my life I'm never getting back...
#15Lightning Bolt(Topic Creator)Posted 9/24/2012 10:56:33 AM
Does that single-target macro assume people are using the Glyph of Fae Silence to tank? cause it wouldn't seem to use FF nearly enough.

It's there to maintain the armor debuff primarily. Faerie Fire isn't exactly hard-hitting, and while it does have a chance to proc Mangle, so do Thrash and Lacerate.
---
-The Rev
#16JonnieWestPosted 9/24/2012 11:24:39 AM
Faerie Fire actually hits harder than Thrash, so you should be using FF instead of Thrash in your single-target rotation, only using thrash to keep up the demo debuff.
---
That's five minutes of my life I'm never getting back...
#17Lightning Bolt(Topic Creator)Posted 9/24/2012 11:41:18 AM
My original thinking was prioritizing Thrash uptime since, with the DoT, it definitely outpaces FF. Lacerate is of course better than either, however you may have a point. So long as the Thrash DoT doesn't fall off, it may be worthwhile to put an extra step in to include FF.

I'll test it a bit, but honestly I don't think I've noticed any gaps in the rotation for FF to fill. And since Lacerate>FF and I'm not sure how well Thrash uptime would be by removing one from the sequence, a gap is really the only place to put it. Perhaps between the two Lacerates next to each other would work.
---
-The Rev
#18Sephiroth C RyuPosted 9/24/2012 1:38:59 PM
Actually, they are macros I've messed with/added to make more current as well.

I've gotten into the habit of using the 2 key frequently in bear form, originally setting Maul to that key. Since mitigation is manual now, and requires precious rage that maul would only cut into, I came up with this.

#showtooltip
/cast [group] Savage Defense; Maul

When I'm soloing enemies somewhere, I'll maul as usual, but in groups and raids the button switches over to being Savage Defense, allowing the habit to keep up my main mitigation "automatically."

Have the reverse macro on another button off to the side in the event I end up in a situation where I do want to use the other skill.

Another one I have is my AoE spammer.

#showtooltip
/castsequence [group] reset=6 Thrash, Swipe; reset=3 Swipe, Thrash, Swipe

Again, its set to be a little different depending on whether I am in a group or not. When not in one, its swipe, thrash, swipe, followed by enough cooldown till the next swipe to use another ability of my choice. In groups, the thrash is first, so I can just use it to apply the demo debuff without having to swipe first.

One I have that IS outdated is this old thing
#showtooltip
/cast [stance:1] Challenging Roar(Bear Form); [stance:3] Cower(Cat Form)

Back when I was able to do decent enough dps in a tank-spec feral to justify such a macro. Also, back when those skills still existed.

One I came up with for cat form was this, which acts kinda as a "vanish" depending on your talent choices.
#showtooltip
/cast [combat][nostance:3] Displacer Beast; /cast [nocombat][stance:3] Prowl;

Its basically a modification of basically the same thing with shadowmeld in the place of prowl that I have had for ages (NElf druid).

This one's always useful for any druid.
#showtooltip
/cast [combat] Rebirth; [nocombat] Revive

One I've had for ages that still seems to work is this. I'll let you decide if its really worth it or not.
#showtooltip
/cast Barkskin
/cast Nature's Grasp

If you have swiftmend, something along these lines could be useful.
#showtooltip
/castsequence Nature's Swiftness, Healing Touch

I need to figure out a suitable reset condition for that (though at the moment I use the renewal talent for convenience and laziness since its only one button without any "risk" of accidently leaving bear to try and cast a healing touch). An alternative would be to just put Healing Touch somewhere, and to macro Nature's Swiftness to an ability you use more then once a minute, so you can then just hit HT when you need a heal. Provided you don't use it while the cast isn't up, of course.
---
I am the Hunter of Topics. My post never fails to kill its prey.
*pounces* Nyaa!
#19Lightning Bolt(Topic Creator)Posted 9/25/2012 5:06:30 AM
Ahh, you meant general Guardian macros. I thought you had your own auto-tank macro and wanted to share it.

I'm not a fan of the macros that swap regen with maul really. I tend to map each finger (and finger combo for shift mods) to an ability rather than a place in my rotation. It's why I simple cannot have Heroic Strike on my Warrior anywhere but the 1 key, and all of my "Increase max health by blank%" tank cooldowns gotta be F4. Takes me ages to relearn something, so swapping them around depending on where I am is just a nightmare.

I've thought of the rebirth macro, and I would use it if it weren't for the fact that I frequently use rebirth out of combat out of laziness. Stupid 10 second cast time; if there's low risk of anyone else dying then **** it.
---
-The Rev
#20Lightning Bolt(Topic Creator)Posted 9/27/2012 11:15:04 AM
Bumping for more feedback/if anyone else wants to make use of it.
I feel like with the recent buff to thrash, its uptime is even more important, and throwing in FFF another time is just unnecessary unless there are actually GCD-long holes in the rotation. Still haven't gotten around to testing it though, I've been working on my Warrior.
---
-The Rev