This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Jade Cloud Serpent

#1scarecrowsPosted 9/27/2012 11:26:45 AM
Just saw a guy sitting on one in the vale. How are people getting them already?
---
Tanks. Insta Q's = Insta QQ's
#2Tactician_LordPosted 9/27/2012 11:31:11 AM
http://www.wowwiki.com/Cloud_serpent_mounts

Could have finished the achievement.
---
You are trying to understand madness with logic. This is not unlike searching for darkness with a torch.
#3scarecrows(Topic Creator)Posted 9/27/2012 11:42:07 AM
Tactician_Lord posted...

"which will be a month-long reputation grind in the style of the Winterspring Frostsaber"
---
#4Tactician_LordPosted 9/27/2012 11:50:23 AM
scarecrows posted...
Tactician_Lord posted...

"which will be a month-long reputation grind in the style of the Winterspring Frostsaber"

See bold, what you posted is for the quest.
---
You are trying to understand madness with logic. This is not unlike searching for darkness with a torch.
#5Tactician_LordPosted 9/27/2012 11:52:00 AM
And...

The following three mounts require Exalted with The August Celestials and cost 3,000g or possibly 10,000g :

[Reins of the Thundering August Cloud Serpent]
[Reins of the Thundering Ruby Cloud Serpent]
---
#6Tactician_LordPosted 9/27/2012 11:53:23 AM
And...

[Reins of the Thundering Jade Cloud Serpent] is purchasable for 3,000g from guild vendors upon clearing all Tier 14 content.

They could have done any of those that as far as I know and the page says, it has nothing to do with the quest.
---
#7angrywalrus13Posted 9/27/2012 12:06:50 PM(edited)
The Jade one is only available from the monthish-long daily quest chain, and the Thundering Jade one is only available from clearing all the t14 raids in a guild group - none of which are out yet.

Plus, even if it wasn't a Jade-colored one, ANY Cloud Serpent requires you to have finished the daily quest chain in order to be able to ride it. They all require Cloud Serpent Riding. Four posts to bring up nothing, man.

Anyway, could very well have been an NPC and you just didn't notice. The flying trainer rides one.
---
Thomx
like tommicks
#8scarecrows(Topic Creator)Posted 9/27/2012 12:15:36 PM
Tactician_Lord posted...
And...

[Reins of the Thundering Jade Cloud Serpent] is purchasable for 3,000g from guild vendors upon clearing all Tier 14 content.

They could have done any of those that as far as I know and the page says, it has nothing to do with the quest.

Well the title of this thread is jade, which is a month long rep grind. So this guy did a month long rep grind in 2 days? Tier 14 content? Yes he cleared raids that aren't even out yet. Yes that must be it.
---
#9scarecrows(Topic Creator)Posted 9/27/2012 12:18:06 PM
angrywalrus13 posted...
The Jade one is only available from the monthish-long daily quest chain, and the Thundering Jade one is only available from clearing all the t14 raids in a guild group - none of which are out yet.

Plus, even if it wasn't a Jade-colored one, ANY Cloud Serpent requires you to have finished the daily quest chain in order to be able to ride it. They all require Cloud Serpent Riding. Four posts to bring up nothing, man.

Anyway, could very well have been an NPC and you just didn't notice. The flying trainer rides one.

Nah I was in the vale doing golden lotus dailies, I was near the quest giver. He flew in and parked beside me and sat there. He was alliance, I could kill him, he had a guild and everything. A couple guildies said they saw someone on one yesterday too. I checked his buffs and he was on the jade one.
---
#10Tactician_LordPosted 9/27/2012 12:22:33 PM
Ah, I read it simply as Cloud Serpent in general. Though the link still answered your question...if it was impossible to obtain it normally then what else remains?
---