This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Thank God the heroics aren't anything like the hell 4.0 heroics were.

#1Genocet_10-325Posted 10/2/2012 8:38:40 AM
Good job Blizzard. When I want difficulty I get it when raiding 25s with my guild, and if I want it any other time I'll do a challenge mode or some arena. When I do heroics I just want to relax and faceroll while watching Futurama or Family Guy on a separate window.
---
Formerly known as The_Great_Geno
GameFAQs Member and RIer since 2003.
#2JustindbzPosted 10/2/2012 8:44:54 AM
F yeah man gimme dem sweet blues!
---
I hope God speaks English. If I get up to heaven and have to point at a menu, I'm gonna be pissed.
-Daniel Tosh
#3frozen_flamesPosted 10/2/2012 8:47:57 AM
I know right, god forbid you actually have to put any effort at all into playing the game /sarcasm

4.0 heroics were awesome, finally a challenge without having to put together a whole raid, they managed to keep you on your toes without being impossible to pug
---
Can you hear the drums?
#4webbc99Posted 10/2/2012 8:48:23 AM
Semi-agree.

I don't see why there can't be level 90 normal mode dungeons where you get scrubby gear and blitz through them, and rock solid heroic dungeons that are completely different instances to get raid quality gear in 5 man groups.

I like 5 man dynamics. I like extreme difficulty. Challenge modes are a step in the right direction, but I'm talking about a few hours work in a 5 man for epics. Not a time trial for transmog gear.
---
PSN: Toastie88 | XBL: Griever88 | Steam: webbc99
Playing: World of Warcraft, Borderlands 2
#5Kovalchuk_Posted 10/2/2012 8:49:03 AM
Guess you didn't play in BC.
#6GateCaptainPosted 10/2/2012 8:49:08 AM
All thru Cata i thought they were easy also. I don't understand why you say 4.0 was hard. Are the new ones Super easy? I don't get to play till tomorrow.
#7RotparPosted 10/2/2012 9:44:24 AM(edited)
They just needed to fine tune a few things from the launch of Cataclysm. I liked using CC again. I was't even in it for "the challenge", I just don't like it being completely mindless.
---
"Shooting deaths are down, but criminals are now sharpening their guns and stabbing people to death with them" -Simcity 2000 Adviser, BobServo.
#8VanillaXpCPosted 10/2/2012 9:07:47 AM
Quote:I know right, god forbid you actually have to put any effort at all into playing the game /sarcasm

4.0 heroics were awesome, finally a challenge without having to put together a whole raid, they managed to keep you on your toes without being impossible to pug

@frozen_flames

The Cata dungeons both normal and heroic were completely overturned and unforgiving. Unless you healed them, you have absolutely no clue. I continually got terrible DPS standing in things and takin extreme amounts of damage. I know what you're going to say next, "we'll you should have let them die!" no, that's a stupid answer because we new their DPS no matter how terrible it was because the other DPS would succumb to the overturned mechanics as time wore on.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
#9Ness0123456789Posted 10/2/2012 9:09:48 AM
frozen_flames posted...
I know right, god forbid you actually have to put any effort at all into playing the game /sarcasm

So go do a Challenge Mode dungeon than if you want a difficult experience. Heroics in Mists are designed to get people ready for raiding ASAP, they aren't designed with challenge in mind. That's why *Gasp* we have three difficulty modes for Dungeons and Raids now.

My god, something for everyone!
---
Each person might see a rose with a different shade of red, but the fact that we can all agree on is beauty -- that is a miracle.
-Michea, FFXI
#10Genocet_10-325(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2012 9:12:13 AM
Kovalchuk_ posted...
Guess you didn't play in BC.

I did, and here's the difference: In TBC, the heroics seemed easier than in 4.0 cata because in 4.0 cata, people were still in the "heroics are faceroll" like in WotLK mindset. In TBC, that attitude didn't exist yet. It was good while it lasted but once it goes away it has to go away forever.
---
Formerly known as The_Great_Geno
GameFAQs Member and RIer since 2003.