This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Thank God the heroics aren't anything like the hell 4.0 heroics were.

#31Devo05Posted 10/2/2012 4:57:15 PM
Genocet_10-325 posted...
Kovalchuk_ posted...
Guess you didn't play in BC.

I did, and here's the difference: In TBC, the heroics seemed easier than in 4.0 cata because in 4.0 cata, people were still in the "heroics are faceroll" like in WotLK mindset. In TBC, that attitude didn't exist yet. It was good while it lasted but once it goes away it has to go away forever.

Exactly this, in BC players hadn't spent 3 years doing nothing but blitz through heroics spamming AoE's and not much else. You can't expect all those people that started playing the game during lich king to suddenly re-educate themselves to using controlled DPS and maintaining CC throughout a fight. Blizzard tried that and it failed which resulted in across the board nerfs to all heroic dungeon content.

MoP heroics are in a good place because they are fun to run and do not result in any of the frustrations due to playing with a group that can't follow delicate strategies. If people were still wiping on the last boss of Grim Batol just prior to MoP then I'm sure as hell glad that these dungeons turned out the way they did.
---
Today is the tomorrow I worried about yesterday.
GT:FieryTrout
#32ryanell666Posted 10/2/2012 5:02:56 PM
Genocet_10-325 posted...
Good job Blizzard. When I want difficulty I get it when raiding 25s with my guild, and if I want it any other time I'll do a challenge mode or some arena. When I do heroics I just want to relax and faceroll while watching Futurama or Family Guy on a separate window.

So you're the reason why WoW sucks now...

You realize Heroics are supposed to be "challenging" versions of regular dungeons, and you expect Heroics to play as easy as regular?....for easy epics and badges?

Now we have a "Challenge" mode, which is probably not going to stay "challenging", because pathetic gamers like the TC would want to get the rewards while "watching Futurama or Family Guy on a separate window".....

I seriously hope you are just trolling, because if you or anyone who seriously thinks this is a good thing......

.....forget it, get the "F" off my internet.....
#33CanadaTopPosted 10/2/2012 5:05:04 PM
Guess you didn't play in BC.

difference is, for a lot of people heroics/kara were endgame.

I quit WoW at the beginning of cata (don't ask why Im lurking, bored) but I agree with OP. With more accessible raiding, put the challenge there. The funnest part of heroics in Wrath for me was that they were faceroll easy, so I made my own challenge by trying to do them as fast as possible
---
http://www.r-word.org/
spread the word to end the word
#34redundanciesPosted 10/3/2012 7:14:35 AM
noimnoturdaddy posted...
Ness0123456789 posted...
My god, something for everyone!

So if you're a "hardcore" you should only be playing two nights a week when you can get groups together, and if you're a casual there's all this content for you to LFD that's so easy they might as well be giving people gear.

Makes sense.

Why are you only able to find groups two nights a week if you're a hardcore player?
#35webbc99Posted 10/3/2012 7:24:00 AM
redundancies posted...
noimnoturdaddy posted...
Ness0123456789 posted...
My god, something for everyone!

So if you're a "hardcore" you should only be playing two nights a week when you can get groups together, and if you're a casual there's all this content for you to LFD that's so easy they might as well be giving people gear.

Makes sense.

Why are you only able to find groups two nights a week if you're a hardcore player?

Well, my guess is that you'd clear all of the weeks content in one or two evenings, and that's the end of it.
---
PSN: Toastie88 | XBL: Griever88 | Steam: webbc99
Playing: World of Warcraft, Borderlands 2
#36redundanciesPosted 10/3/2012 8:02:49 AM
It'd be my guess, since you can do challenge modes as much as you want and there's a daily quest attached to them, that a hardcore player would want to play every day and would take the time to run as many dungeons as he could.
#37BobTDonutPosted 10/3/2012 9:16:19 AM
B1g_Clown posted...
Try doing heroics with a healer that does no more than 15k hps or 2 dps that only somehow manage 10k dps.

Then come back and make this thread.

So... can I make this thread then? Cause all you did was describe exactly how I did every single heroic within 3 days of launch back in Cata, and it was easy as hell if you actually thought about what you were doing.
---
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/black-dragonflight/Arpandaday/advanced
http://i.imgur.com/SpVUU.jpg
#38curious_deadPosted 10/3/2012 9:23:12 AM
It wasnít so much that they were difficult (once you got to learn them, they werenít much harder than WotLK). It was that they were long, they were new, the queues were very long if you were a DPS, and people were used to destroy Heroics due to being overgeared, and would abandon much faster or would blame tanks for being too slow, or the healer for being OoM. Given those factors, the slight difficulty increase over the previous ones felt huge to some people.

I havenít tried the MoP dungeons yet, let alone the heroics, so I canít compare, but to me, those were the biggest issues with Cata.
#39SongstressCelaPosted 10/3/2012 9:24:40 AM
but I'm talking about a few hours work in a 5 man for epics.

Literally no one wants to spend a few hours in one heroic.
---
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/Lovnaru/Photos/moxsign.jpg
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/AvalonBright
#40Tro77TroPosted 10/3/2012 10:08:07 AM
Unless you healed them, you have absolutely no clue. I continually got terrible DPS standing in things and takin extreme amounts of damage

This, only 9/10 dungeons I healed it was the tank that was being rock-**** stupid. In fact, the vast majority of God awful players I have encountered on WoW have been tanks, which is hilarious since they have-- in my opinion-- by far the easiest role.
---
Fiora is mai waifu. :O