This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is cooking the hardest to max out profession now?

#1Groudon_is_GoldPosted 10/2/2012 10:46:10 AM
Holy hell is that a ton of mats to get them last few points. I grinder the hell out of birds to get more wildfowl breasts to trade for token so our guild could have heirloom legs. But seriously 100x random veggie, 20x random fish and random meat plus soy sauce that forces you to spend a token!

Glad I'm maxxed in all my primary/secondary professions, but I don't remember a time when cooking was ever the toughest to cap. >.<
---
99% of my posts are from a phone so please excuse me if I don't follow links or spellcheck.
#2Lightning BoltPosted 10/2/2012 10:48:28 AM
I would think with farming that veggies should be in pretty high supply. It won't be too bad.
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev
#3Viper114Posted 10/2/2012 10:55:09 AM
It's harder than it has been. Rather than just the one normal branch we've been using from Classic to Cata, it now branches off with 6 different "Ways" with their own levels to progress. And all of the recipes require a LOT of materials to make, as opposed to maybe 1 or 2 ingredients per recipe.

It will take a while longer for sure.
---
"We are all legends...our only choice is how to end the tale."
#4redundanciesPosted 10/2/2012 11:04:19 AM
Just to get to 600 isn't so bad. You can buy sacks of veggies from Halfhill for Ironpaw tokens and the feasts grant 5 skillups apiece.

Getting to 600 in each Way, however, is going to take a lot of time.
#5Viper114Posted 10/2/2012 11:12:09 AM
Yeah, because getting to 575 in each is tough, and anything farther is a NIGHTMARE because of those feasts that need many many many ingredients.
---
"We are all legends...our only choice is how to end the tale."
#6Groudon_is_Gold(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2012 11:23:35 AM
Ok, assuming you got your cooking to 576, you're gonna need:

300x random veggie
60x random fish
60x random meat
3x soy sauce (iron paw token)

Farms aren't making much produce as is right now because most people probably only have 8 plots which can't even knock out 100 veggies a day. So assuming you farmed your own fish/meat, you still need 300 veggies which will be a total of 12 iron paw tokens. Factor in the soy sauce and you're up to 15 tokens assuming you hit 576 instead of 575, otherwise you'll need 20.
---
99% of my posts are from a phone so please excuse me if I don't follow links or spellcheck.
#7redundanciesPosted 10/2/2012 11:58:10 AM
Groudon_is_Gold posted...
Ok, assuming you got your cooking to 576, you're gonna need:

300x random veggie
60x random fish
60x random meat
3x soy sauce (iron paw token)

Farms aren't making much produce as is right now because most people probably only have 8 plots which can't even knock out 100 veggies a day. So assuming you farmed your own fish/meat, you still need 300 veggies which will be a total of 12 iron paw tokens. Factor in the soy sauce and you're up to 15 tokens assuming you hit 576 instead of 575, otherwise you'll need 20.

I didn't pay attention when I was first doing it, but looking at Wowhead, you can get 14 tokens right away (the two intro quests, then two each for each "way"). Add one Daily at 90 and you have the 15 required.

You could even start at 575 if you make the ten man feasts. You only need half the regular ingredients and they give 5 skillups apiece, so that's 10 for the veggies and 5 for the sauce.
#8Egxamer1Posted 10/2/2012 12:17:01 PM
Cooking was annoying before. Now its just a total pain the ass
---
Don't even try. You got roasted, just take it like a man. -Lightning Bolt
#9PirwzwhomperPosted 10/2/2012 12:18:47 PM
If only they'd put more imagination into First Aid now.
---
(^_^) <-- the Prophet Mohammad // APM is SC2's GearScore
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/Pirwzwhomper/C-Hheh.jpg
#10J_walker6Posted 10/2/2012 12:20:31 PM
Pirwzwhomper posted...
If only they'd put more imagination into First Aid now.

Why can't First Aid make pet battle bandages instead of needing to beat pet battle trainers?

Why doesn't First Aid get an out of combat, on cooldown, rez?

Why doesn't First Aid get something good!?!?!?!