The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Promoting alcohol

#1ChocoboLeonhartPosted 10/2/2012 1:25:00 PM
Young and impressionable people play this game.

So why is there beer everywhere?

I don't approve.
#2J_walker6Posted 10/2/2012 1:26:07 PM
Because when drinking can't solve your real world problems, you escape to a virtual world. And when your virtual world doesn't solve your real world problems, you drink in your virtual world.
#3imsalingawayPosted 10/2/2012 1:26:48 PM
There was already beer everywhere.
#4CaptainJuarezPosted 10/2/2012 1:27:58 PM
I also asked this very valid and weighty question yesterday and was flamed for my troubles.
---
The most dangerous terrorists are in the United States government
#5rndmguitaristPosted 10/2/2012 1:37:16 PM
CaptainJuarez posted...
I also asked this very valid and weighty question yesterday and was flamed for my troubles.

ESRB rating mentions use of alcohol. I hate to be 'that guy' but it's on the parents for letting impressionable youth play the game.

This isn't valid or weighty at all.
---
Gamertag=Cavemoon
#6BombermanGoldPosted 10/2/2012 1:41:58 PM
It's the parent's fault for not watching what the heck their kids play.

Gots a young mother who came DAMN close to buying her son (who is about 8) Grand Theft Auto 4.
Funny bit though: She paid less attention to the game rating (and all the descriptions it had on the back) and though that the Rockstar (R*) logo meant the game was 'R' rated (like a movie!).

She wasn't WRONG (content-wise)...but.....
---
"I will be your superhero!!!"
Xbox GT & PSN ID: BombermanGOLD
#7dmaz2Posted 10/2/2012 1:45:08 PM
Well obviously this is an attempt by Blizzard to get kids ( the target audience for MoP) hooked on alcohol, so that they can open their own brewery and end up rich.
#8J_walker6Posted 10/2/2012 1:46:08 PM
Stormstout Brew... made by blizzard... with bonus in-game pet for buying 50 mugs.

Ok, I'm willing to become an alcoholic.
#9Egxamer1Posted 10/2/2012 1:48:34 PM
Hate to see the TC lose her mind if she finds out about watermelons and chicken legs being found on the worgens of SFK...

Yep Warcraft promotes alcohol, violence, cyberbullying and digital item hoarding. Look out parents!

Besides everything in this game pales in comparison of the education one gets from the Trade Chat.
---
Don't even try. You got roasted, just take it like a man. -Lightning Bolt
#10SteamsterPosted 10/2/2012 1:52:22 PM
Have you ever tried drinking in this game?

It's terrible.

You can't see s***. Mob levels are misleading. Flying a mount becomes a pain in the ass.

Blizzard is clearly trying to get kids not to drink alcohol IRL.