The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Burning Legion sucked.

#1TheCurseX2Posted 10/3/2012 8:02:20 AM
In the history of major WC threats the Legion is the most flop worthy one of all. The evil Horde and the Scourge were much more effective than those moronic demons that marched out of a box of Lucky Charms.

Even their leaders sucked. Archimonde looked stupid and got killed by a unit that had no real attack in the game.
---
Of course, of course it got done, things get done all the time, I understand don't worry YOUR JOB WILL BE WAITING FOR YOU WHEN YOU GET BACK. GET BETTER GEORGE!
#2angrywalrus13Posted 10/3/2012 8:50:25 AM
Maybe they'll be better in the next expansion.
---
Thomx
like tommicks
#30pt1muzPr1m3Posted 10/3/2012 8:55:11 AM
I remember that mission.

lol yeah, I do remember being more threatened by the scourge more than anything. That frostmourne was dangerous...
---
Twenty-three is number one!
#4Leo0820Posted 10/3/2012 8:56:42 AM
The Burning Legion created the evil Horde and the Scourge.
---
Leo's AMP has increased by 1.
#5BrutaI_DeIuxePosted 10/3/2012 9:14:25 AM

This
TC, pls, stop trolling
---
Stop saying that telling people you marked them is against the TOU, it is not.
If you mention it to me or in any topic I post in, I might mark you :3
#6Ruvan22Posted 10/3/2012 9:18:47 AM
Wally, do you think Metzen/Blizzard will have the Alliance/Horde come together during the last expansion? I felt that was the way the story was headed during WC 3 : RoC, and maybe I'm in the minority, but I liked it.... it seemed the universe (of Warcraft) was so vast that the grudge between orcs and humans is almost meaningless...
#7Death DurronPosted 10/3/2012 10:01:19 AM(edited)
Leo0820 posted...

Though that is true it just feels weird that an "offspring" of the Burning Legion is more of a threat compared to the parents.

If my understanding of the portals within the Warcraft universe is correct, the larger and more powerful a being or host is the more powerful and larger a portal needs to be to summon them across.

One of the reason I believe Azeroth survive not just one but two and maybe three Burning Legion invasion is that the Burning Legion rarely bring about it's full might to assault Azeroth. Since it's canon in-game now the last major invasion was probably 10,000 years ago during the War of the Ancients and which point the forces of Azeroth barely won.

Though I still don't understand why shutting down the portal back then kinda pulled all the denizens of the Burning Legions back into the Twisting Neather instead of leaving them stranded.

Ruvan22 posted...
Wally, do you think Metzen/Blizzard will have the Alliance/Horde come together during the last expansion? I felt that was the way the story was headed during WC 3 : RoC, and maybe I'm in the minority, but I liked it.... it seemed the universe (of Warcraft) was so vast that the grudge between orcs and humans is almost meaningless...

I kinda believe that the Burning Legion will be the "final" villains if not the last remaining Old God in whatever "last" expansion that Blizzard brings out. Aside from the differences between the Alliance and Horde, all the turmoil and trouble of Azeroth can be traced back to either the Burning Legion or Old Gods.

Even Deathwing and Azshara are but puppets of the Old Gods which I must say, makes me wonder why some of the Old Gods that we have defeated already are so "weak" even if they were in a weaken state and/or kinda look at powerful beings like Deathwing and Azshara as nothing more than flies in the grand scheme of things.

And I do agree, once the universe/world of Warcraft expanded to beyond just the conflict between the Alliance and Horde, the conflict itself feels small and petty compared to the universal conflict. The fact that the Pantheon can just come and wipe the slate clean make the people seem so much smaller.
---
"You must gather your party before venturing forth"
"Go for the eyes Boo! Go for the eyes!"
#8angrywalrus13Posted 10/3/2012 10:04:08 AM(edited)
Ruvan22 posted...

It seems like that's where they're going between Velen's vision and Wrathion's warnings. I'mma put on my tinfoil hat and say we'll be able to make cross-faction RealID groups with the excuse that "hey we're teaming up to take on the Legion" sometime in the far future.

Also, I think the Legion's apparent "weakness" just comes from Blizzard's storytelling improving (along with a more subjective cool factor for other enemies). I have a feeling the Legion in the next expansion will be omfg-worthy.
---
Thomx
like tommicks
#9AranSpellweaverPosted 10/3/2012 10:00:43 AM
They do not suck. First of all, even to mobilize an attack force on Azeroth, the Burning Legion needs to jump hoops to get portals opened, imagine if you will attacking an island, only you cannot use boats, you must parachute all your troops, that's how restricted they are. They can't employ their artillery unless they can get very powerful magic to create a portal (or in my analogy, to send a ship full of tanks across the sea to this island), thus they are limited in how they can attack.

If the Burning Legion could just attack with its full might, Azeroth would be crushed easily. Sargeras alone could easily destroy a great deal of Azeroth, if you combined him with Kil'jaeden (who we didn't kill), and any other ultra powerful demon officer still remaining, plus all the demon hordes of the Nether, Azeroth would be utterly destroyed.

So basically the reason they used the orcs and Scourge, is because the Legion fights without being able to use much of its firepower, they have their hands tied.

I mean Archimonde alone destroyed the most powerful city of all of Azeroth at that time (Dalaran), with a single spell. Imagine what Kil'jaedan, Archimonde, and Sargeras, plus every other powerful demon who couldn't get through, and lesser demon who couldn't easily get through, combined?

So basically the Burning Legion is fighting a war that it cannot really use its full military might, that is why it lost.
#10Ness0123456789Posted 10/3/2012 10:05:46 AM
angrywalrus13 posted...
Ruvan22 posted...

It seems like that's where they're going between Velen's vision and Wrathion's warnings. I'mma put on my tinfoil hat and say we'll be able to make cross-faction RealID groups with the excuse that "hey we're teaming up to take on the Legion" sometime in the far future.

Personally I think that we'll eventually see pure cross-faction integration come the next expansion or two. I can see Blizzard using the Neutral system for the Pandaren as a test, and working that in later for the rest of the game.

After all, all the story line and plot points right now really do point towards the end of Mists bringing a true peace between the factions. The only thing they'll really need to figure out how to do is Battle Grounds in terms of lore...but then again those things have never had a major lore influence since classic. They could just say they're friendly skirmishes or something, and be done with it.
---
Each person might see a rose with a different shade of red, but the fact that we can all agree on is beauty -- that is a miracle.
-Michea, FFXI