This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The fan backlash to Panda's was one of the weirdest things...

#11SongstressCelaPosted 10/3/2012 9:00:24 AM
Try explaining that to your non-WoW friends without feeling a little ashamed.

The two factions discover a previously uncharted land hidden from the world for centuries. Both groups strike out for their own reasons, until the discovery of each other's presence leads to violent, open warfare. A previously peaceful land, the sudden invasion by the PCs and their opposing faction destroys the landscape and warps the inhabitants, to the point such violent aggression manifests hatred and fear in physical form to corrupt and twist the island even further.

Not ashamed. :x
---
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/Lovnaru/Photos/moxsign.jpg
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/AvalonBright
#12Lightning BoltPosted 10/3/2012 9:09:56 AM
There's violent open warfare between the factions? I don't think I've seen much of that on pandaria, except for the first 10 or so quests.
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev
#13AranSpellweaverPosted 10/3/2012 9:12:19 AM
Because pandaren are not just pandas, they are also everything Asian-esque. I mean, why didn't Blizzard give the pandaren a different culture, like say German accent or Australian.

The tauren are based as minotaur, but with a Native American culture. Worgen are werewolves, but with a British Victorian culture.

Pandaren are pandas with... a Chinese culture, which is hilarious racist.

Imagine if the next race was Frogmen with French accents?
#14BombermanGoldPosted 10/3/2012 9:15:43 AM

I will kid you not on this...

It's because originally the Pandarens had Japanese motifs.
And that pissed off the Chinese to no end.
---
"I will be your superhero!!!"
Xbox GT & PSN ID: BombermanGOLD
#15Viper114Posted 10/3/2012 9:18:19 AM
Lightning Bolt posted...
There's violent open warfare between the factions? I don't think I've seen much of that on pandaria, except for the first 10 or so quests.

Remember that what was sent by both sides were technically "scouting parties", both sides getting decimated pretty severely (based on everything that happened in the Jade Forest story line) by both each other and the awakening of the Sha of Doubt. Reduced to only a handful of people left, both sides recruit local Pandaren to form the Eastwind and Westwind villages, before ultimately moving in to secure the Shrines at the Vale of Eternal Blossoms.

The next patch, if what I read is correct, is going to have big forces from both sides coming to Pandaria with some of the faction leaders to start the actual war instead of the mere skirmishes we did up to now.
---
"We are all legends...our only choice is how to end the tale."
#16AranSpellweaverPosted 10/3/2012 9:19:49 AM
BombermanGold posted...

I will kid you not on this...

It's because originally the Pandarens had Japanese motifs.
And that pissed off the Chinese to no end.

Which is because the Chinese themselves are overwhelming racist as a people. They are like White America circa-1960s, or much of Black America today.

Maybe racist isn't the right word, because Chinese and Japanese are both Asians, but you get the point.

And yeah, there's a picture of a Chinese Pandaren with a Japanese samurai suit, that's what offended them.

But MoP is just like taking China, Korea, Japan, and all those small Asian countries nobody knows about, and mashing them together, regardless.

Even worgen being English wasn't quite this obvious, because at least they had sort of a gothic and surreal vibe to them, albeit being mostly Victorian English.
#17BombermanGoldPosted 10/3/2012 9:20:57 AM
The next patch, if what I read is correct, is going to have big forces from both sides coming to Pandaria with some of the faction leaders to start the actual war instead of the mere skirmishes we did up to now.

Ugh, and both big armies start killing each other and giving way to even meaner Sha popping up sucking the brains outta folk.
---
#18BombermanGoldPosted 10/3/2012 9:21:54 AM
overwhelming racist as a people. They are like White America circa-1960s, or much of Black America today.

The hell is this?
---
#19Kikoman589Posted 10/3/2012 9:31:52 AM
Please do not respond to AranSpellweaver's big comment or BombermanGold's previous comment.

Thank you.
---
https://twitter.com/#!/Kikoman589
The Discoveries of Kikoman589 - The daily life of a GameFAQs member.
#20BatenKalasPosted 10/3/2012 9:38:04 AM(edited)
BC: "We want Pandarens!"

No Pandarens.

WotLK: "We want Pandarens!"

No Pandarens.

Cataclysm: "We want Pandarens!"

No Pandarens.

... Blizzard reveals Pandarens and MoP.

"WTF Blizz? Get that garbage out of my WoW!"

WoW players have got to be the strangest group of gamers out there. We beg for something and then throw a hissy fit when it is added.
---
The Review Depot - http://reviewdepot.net