This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The fan backlash to Panda's was one of the weirdest things...

#21BombermanGoldPosted 10/3/2012 8:37:51 AM
BC: "We want Pandarens!"

No Pandarens.

WotLK: "We want Pandarens!"

No Pandarens.

Cataclysm: "We want Pandarens!"

No Pandarens.

... Blizzard reveals Pandarensa nd MoP.

"WTF Blizz? Get that garbage out of my WoW!"

WoW players have got to be the strangest group of gamers out there. We beg for something and then throw a hissy fit when it is added.

I distinctly remember this...
Heck, didn't Blizzard say that Pandarens were one of the most requested races to be made playable EVERY time a new expansion is announced?
---
"I will be your superhero!!!"
Xbox GT & PSN ID: BombermanGOLD
#22AranSpellweaverPosted 10/3/2012 8:39:21 AM
BombermanGold posted...
overwhelming racist as a people. They are like White America circa-1960s, or much of Black America today.

The hell is this?

Listen to rap songs that openly use profanities towards White people. They are common, Ice Cube is a mainstream artist with several racist songs. Show me one mainstream White musician who is openly racist? Enough said.

Also, in Chinese society, being openly racist isn't something that is looked down upon like it is in the West, especially if it is nationalism against Japanese people.
#23BatenKalasPosted 10/3/2012 8:39:39 AM
BombermanGold posted...
I distinctly remember this...
Heck, didn't Blizzard say that Pandarens were one of the most requested races to be made playable EVERY time a new expansion is announced?

I think so.

I recall all of the Pandaren race photoshops before Blood Elves and Draenei were revealed. A lot of people had some pretty wild tantrums that we weren't getting Pandarens at the time.

Interesting what five years can do.
---
The Review Depot - http://reviewdepot.net
#24PiratethingyPosted 10/3/2012 8:47:19 AM
So basically people will complain about anything, and people complaining are much louder than people enjoying the game.
---
Hit me up on Steam: ehusfelt
BioStar Z77 | i5-2500k | HIS HD 7850 | Samsung 120GB SSD | Antec 900
#25PiratethingyPosted 10/3/2012 8:47:19 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#26BombermanGoldPosted 10/3/2012 8:49:30 AM
So basically people will complain about anything, and people complaining are much louder than people enjoying the game.

The rule of the internet...scratch that.
The rule of PEOPLE. There we go.
---
"I will be your superhero!!!"
Xbox GT & PSN ID: BombermanGOLD
#27TloyaPosted 10/3/2012 8:57:18 AM
The two factions discover a previously uncharted land hidden from the world for centuries. Both groups strike out for their own reasons, until the discovery of each other's presence leads to violent, open warfare. A previously peaceful land, the sudden invasion by the PCs and their opposing faction destroys the landscape and warps the inhabitants, to the point such violent aggression manifests hatred and fear in physical form to corrupt and twist the island even further.

First of all, that's still something I think most people would be embarrassed to explain to friends who aren't into fantasy stuff--I know I'd be.

Second, you didn't actually mention the thing that is the subject of this topic: The Pandaren. So you'd have to say the whole thing you just said and then tack on, "Also the primary sentient race of the new land is a species called the Pandaren, anthropomorphic panda bears with light Chinese accents with an inordinate fondness for drinking beer and doing martial arts."
---
http://i33.tinypic.com/i3yr8w.png
http://i56.tinypic.com/2d9tox1.jpg
#28rapacioushoboPosted 10/3/2012 9:08:09 AM
Tloya posted...
The two factions discover a previously uncharted land hidden from the world for centuries. Both groups strike out for their own reasons, until the discovery of each other's presence leads to violent, open warfare. A previously peaceful land, the sudden invasion by the PCs and their opposing faction destroys the landscape and warps the inhabitants, to the point such violent aggression manifests hatred and fear in physical form to corrupt and twist the island even further.

First of all, that's still something I think most people would be embarrassed to explain to friends who aren't into fantasy stuff--I know I'd be.

Second, you didn't actually mention the thing that is the subject of this topic: The Pandaren. So you'd have to say the whole thing you just said and then tack on, "Also the primary sentient race of the new land is a species called the Pandaren, anthropomorphic panda bears with light Chinese accents with an inordinate fondness for drinking beer and doing martial arts."

I have talked about WoW on numerous occasions. Often with people that don't play and I have never once felt embarrassed. With or without Pandas there is Mi reason to get embarrassed about a hobby.
---
i5 3570k | Asrock b75 pro3 |9800 gt | 8 GB DDR3 1600MHz | Antec 620W | 1 TB HDD | Cooler Master elite 431+
#29JerkMaGerkPosted 10/3/2012 9:29:35 AM
i dont think you so much have to feel embarrassed, but you gotta know that pretty much as soon as you say "ogre" or "pandas that do kung fu" or "my level 87 destruction warlock"
hell anything involving elves, an outsider looking in definitely thinks youre a tool, i know i did before i started playing the game, now i wear my nerd badge of honor proudly
#30ArjuntaPosted 10/3/2012 9:49:31 AM
AranSpellweaver posted...

Listen to rap songs that openly use profanities towards White people. They are common, Ice Cube is a mainstream artist with several racist songs. Show me one mainstream White musician who is openly racist? Enough said.

Also, in Chinese society, being openly racist isn't something that is looked down upon like it is in the West, especially if it is nationalism against Japanese people.

I actually feel dumber for reading this. I am no fan of 99% of rap these days but to be offended or to say they are racist is the height of ignorance. It is a song, don't be stupid and try and make more of it than it is.

And Ice Cube is your best example? lmao
---
The King of Mediocrity