This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Prediction: 5.1 in roughly 2-3 months.

#1angrywalrus13Posted 10/3/2012 7:57:55 AM(edited)
It won't introduce a new raid tier, but will add more quests and possibly some scenarios and will involve the Alliance/Horde armies arriving. Trials of the High King will start and will probably span multiple content patches. Thrall will offer some quests to the Horde. Krasarang Cove will turn into a battleground (edit: not, like, a BG, but it will be filled with people fighting <_<).

But yeah, 2-3 months, probably more like 2. Then 5.2 will bring a new raid tier 2ish months after that.

And I fully expect to be wrong.
---
Thomx
like tommicks
#2PhrenzZephyrPosted 10/3/2012 8:01:02 AM
Because of all the GW2 trolls on this board I thought 5.1 meant 5.1 million subs.

Man the GW2 trolls have gotten to me.
---
Don't get me wrong, I'd love to control people's blood and **** but I don't wanna look like a dork while I do it. - Ikethelord3
#3angrywalrus13(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2012 8:02:03 AM
PhrenzZephyr posted...
Because of all the GW2 trolls on this board I thought 5.1 meant 5.1 million subs.

Man the GW2 trolls have gotten to me.

Yikes. I think even they know subs go up when an expansion rolls out.
---
Thomx
like tommicks
#4Groudon_is_GoldPosted 10/3/2012 9:05:54 AM
I don't think that soon considering you need to be fully heroic geared to do raid finder, let alone do regular raids. Plus they want to give casual raiders a bit of time to do a few heroics. We also will have 3 raids iirc, Mogushan is just he first release.

I'd say 4-5 months at least tbh
---
99% of my posts are from a phone so please excuse me if I don't follow links or spellcheck.
#5angrywalrus13(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2012 9:19:08 AM
Groudon_is_Gold posted...
I don't think that soon considering you need to be fully heroic geared to do raid finder, let alone do regular raids. Plus they want to give casual raiders a bit of time to do a few heroics. We also will have 3 raids iirc, Mogushan is just he first release.

I'd say 4-5 months at least tbh

I'm not sure if you read my actual post, but I said 5.1 wouldn't introduce any new raids, just quests and story developments. Raiders will do what they do and everyone (particularly non-raiders) will experience the developing story. I predict that 5.2 will bring a new raid tier, which would come out a good 4-6 months from now.
---
Thomx
like tommicks
#6tiger002Posted 10/3/2012 9:21:20 AM
I'd guess 5.1 sometime around December, probably toward the end of it.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#7Viper114Posted 10/3/2012 9:24:03 AM
4-6 months is too long, though. Remember they said they want to try and get major patches out quicker, but not necessarily introducing whole new tiers with every one of them. It's my guess that TC is mostly spot on (no new raid tier, AvH war starts picking up steam, new dailies to do and maybe even a new dungeon at most) and I'd seriously expect it to come out early to mid January.

5.2 will be out in Spring 2013 and will introduce the next raid and new tier.
---
"We are all legends...our only choice is how to end the tale."
#8Ness0123456789Posted 10/3/2012 9:34:24 AM
angrywalrus13 posted...
It won't introduce a new raid tier, but will add more quests and possibly some scenarios and will involve the Alliance/Horde armies arriving. Trials of the High King will start and will probably span multiple content patches. Thrall will offer some quests to the Horde. Krasarang Cove will turn into a battleground (edit: not, like, a BG, but it will be filled with people fighting <_<).

But yeah, 2-3 months, probably more like 2. Then 5.2 will bring a new raid tier 2ish months after that.

And I fully expect to be wrong.

It's likely going to be two months, what with the tongue-in-cheek hint of the next patch in the Jade Forest quest line (at least on the Alliance side, not sure if Horde gets one or not), where the Rodgers tells Taylor he needs to hold a position in Pandaria for the next two months until the Alliance Fleet arrives.

But yeah, you're right in your assumption/prediction that 5.1 won't have the new raiding Tier. Blizzard said they want to try to do a new patch every 2-3 months, one being a non-raiding tier patch, and the next being a raid tier. So we'll likely get the first new tier in 5.2, and the final raid tier of the expansion in 5.4, with 5.1 and 5.3 being smaller filler patches continuing the Alliance/Horde War.
---
Each person might see a rose with a different shade of red, but the fact that we can all agree on is beauty -- that is a miracle.
-Michea, FFXI
#9angrywalrus13(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2012 9:37:44 AM
Totes in the same page, Ness. I got my 2 months-from-release bet from Taylor.
---
Thomx
like tommicks
#10angrywalrus13(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2012 8:14:49 PM
Further prediction: 5.2 will have a Zul'Zandal(ar) raid. ...Or at least, dungeon.
---
Thomx
like tommicks