This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Although my guild fails on Stone Guard, I'm happy it ain't Morchok 2.0.

#11no1oblivionfanPosted 10/3/2012 4:23:46 PM
There's a knack to it, once you figure it out, it's really easy. It's significantly harder than Morchok though.
---
^The PvE Guy^
Steam: An_Orang3e
#12bretonftw(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2012 4:26:00 PM
no1oblivionfan posted...
There's a knack to it, once you figure it out, it's really easy. It's significantly harder than Morchok though.

Well yeah I see this, but at least it takes some amount of effort to learn it, if you get me.
---
http://i.imgur.com/J9fDu.jpg - by Cyber___Dragon
#13Kcaz64Posted 10/3/2012 11:39:26 PM(edited)
Elaeus posted...
My guild and I couldn't get past Feng's third phase. Holy **** the damage is impossible for 2 healers.

Yes, we were a healer short and we had to replace with a deeps.

We were able to 2 heal it. It was quite difficult though. How were you handling it?

Also, yeah. Stone Guard was pretty fun. It was quite complex from a tank perspective and I loved it. It was probably the hardest boss for us. Spirit Kings was surprisingly the easiest...

It remains to be seen how difficult Elegon and Will are for us. I've heard scary things.
---
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kil'jaeden/Bearsmith/advanced - Best Paladin in the world.
#14XtraTPosted 10/4/2012 12:04:37 AM
lol at people saying stone guards are complex from any PoV

''taunt the one with the lowest energy if the petrifying one is on you, otherwise do nothing''

''heal random damage''

''tunnel dps the guardians that are stacked, zomg!''

dodge puddle or mines or stack if chains
---
Grand Marshal/Gladiator Priest, Lightplol.
PvE gladiator holy paladin, Lightp.
#15pengalorPosted 10/4/2012 12:23:15 AM
WetWoodForest posted...
Anyone else confirm the difficulty? Not yet bought the game.

Much like most of the fights in this game, it's not really super complex. However, I can confirm that it is much more of an active and difficult fight than Morchok. Morchok was more or less a joke whereas this fight has plenty of places people can screw up if they aren't focusing. We managed to down it last night but it took us a couple hours (keep in mind this was with some people who were not geared enough, we were just taking anyone who was 90 and had some gear). Anyway, it's a fun fight, we started Feng as well, not as interesting of a fight IMO but definitely tough on freshly geared healers. We managed to get to beginning of phase 3 before we had to call it for the night. It's looking like a good raid though, I've heard that Elegon is an excellent fight.
---
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z167/Pengalor/sig_2copy.jpg
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kiljaeden/pengalor/advanced
#16Kcaz64Posted 10/4/2012 1:10:58 AM
pengalor posted...
WetWoodForest posted...
Anyone else confirm the difficulty? Not yet bought the game.

Much like most of the fights in this game, it's not really super complex. However, I can confirm that it is much more of an active and difficult fight than Morchok. Morchok was more or less a joke whereas this fight has plenty of places people can screw up if they aren't focusing. We managed to down it last night but it took us a couple hours (keep in mind this was with some people who were not geared enough, we were just taking anyone who was 90 and had some gear). Anyway, it's a fun fight, we started Feng as well, not as interesting of a fight IMO but definitely tough on freshly geared healers. We managed to get to beginning of phase 3 before we had to call it for the night. It's looking like a good raid though, I've heard that Elegon is an excellent fight.

Hey you're on my server. Hi.
---
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kil'jaeden/Bearsmith/advanced - Best Paladin in the world.
#17Moses_IncPosted 10/4/2012 1:42:06 AM
rapacioushobo posted...
While I can speak to the difficulty of raids I can say that this expansion is leagues better than Cata.

Please do not confuse DS with all of Cata. T11 was a great tier and difficult for people as well, for all of the reasons why DS was easy.

There are a lot of other factors that play into it, but the biggest issue is gear availability. Expansions are known for everyone starting on the same gear level, and not being able to outgear anything. This is why T11 was so successful, and why DS was so awful. Everyone came into DS with near full heroic, optimized, Firelands gear since they nerfed the crap out of heroic modes in T12.

You can see why nerfs to content that aren't end of expansion cripple the enjoyment factor for future tiers. Morchok was scaled absolutely fine for groups in Firelands normal gear, just nobody was in Firelands normal gear.
---
I've seen michael moses a bunch lately. He's a newblet that shows definite promise.~Kirbix
http://puu.sh/2G6G
#18asmodai48Posted 10/4/2012 2:24:45 AM
5/6 should get emp tonight
#19ElaeusPosted 10/4/2012 2:31:28 AM(edited)
Kcaz64 posted...
Elaeus posted...
My guild and I couldn't get past Feng's third phase. Holy **** the damage is impossible for 2 healers.

Yes, we were a healer short and we had to replace with a deeps.

We were able to 2 heal it. It was quite difficult though. How were you handling it?

Also, yeah. Stone Guard was pretty fun. It was quite complex from a tank perspective and I loved it. It was probably the hardest boss for us. Spirit Kings was surprisingly the easiest...

It remains to be seen how difficult Elegon and Will are for us. I've heard scary things.

Well in the end we did it (after I wrote the post) with our shadow priest going discipline. He isn't geared/reforged/gemmed/enchanted for discipline, but the amount of meager heals he could put out was enough to get us barely past P3 (although funny thing is he was ranked 160 on the world but that's due to the fact there is not alot of reports out yet).

Only 2/6 now.
---
'I am always surprised at how you, a Czech, have better grammar, spelling, and style than many native born speakers in the U.S.' -Ruvan22