This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do so many people hate on Cataclysm?

#1WheatsacPosted 10/3/2012 6:09:56 PM
I had a lot of fun with the zones (specially Deepholm, and Vashj'ir) and I liked the dungeons and raids. I loved the two new races: awesome ass Goblins and the totally tubular Worgen. Also, both of their starting areas were very well done. I really am just wondering what people found lacking in it?
#2metraloPosted 10/3/2012 6:14:54 PM
The content patches sucked.

4.0 was awesome. 4.1 brought some deserved nerfs, but added next to nothing. 4.2 added Firelands, which was a cool raid, but there wasn't much to it. 4.3 added arguably the worst raid in the game.
---
Minnesota Vikings 3-1 Minnesota Wild Alaska Aces
#3angrywalrus13Posted 10/3/2012 6:16:12 PM(edited)
Nothing takes you out of the world like teleporting everywhere.

Kind of a small thing, but it makes a huge difference to me. I've thrown the phrase around a LOT when talking about Cataclysm, but it just had a - wait for it - lack of cohesion.

Edit:
Also yeah, content patches kind of blew. 4.3 brought some game-changing features, but its dungeons/raid were pretty whatever. <_< (Though, tbh, I really like Well of Eternity).
---
Thomx
like tommicks
#4Coop14Posted 10/3/2012 6:22:42 PM
angrywalrus13 posted...
Nothing takes you out of the world like teleporting everywhere.

Kind of a small thing, but it makes a huge difference to me. I've thrown the phrase around a LOT when talking about Cataclysm, but it just had a - wait for it - lack of cohesion.

Edit:
Also yeah, content patches kind of blew. 4.3 brought some game-changing features, but its dungeons/raid were pretty whatever. <_< (Though, tbh, I really like Well of Eternity).

I'm to lazy to post so I'm just gonna quote walrus again xP.

This
---
On the WoW board today, Coop14 becomes the most desired male on the board in the span of a single day. -
Wyrmwarrior5
#5Chielz0rPosted 10/3/2012 6:25:10 PM(edited)
I love Vashj'ir, but that's it.
Hyjal and Deepholm are alright.
Twilight Highlands is boring and Uldum was just terrible, hated it.

Tol Barrad sucked as well, Wintergrasp was much better designed and actually fun.

Worsed thing of all was the teleporting around, totally immersion breaking.
#6Gibberling007Posted 10/3/2012 6:26:39 PM
I liked DS10. Full disclosure: I never tried DS10 heroic.

The fights were such that 1 mistake with the boss' mechanics caused a group wipe. 1 extra ball bounce or 1 extra person standing on deathwing's side meant you had to start over. It really encouraged communication and I had a lot of fun with it.

Also ultraxion was a fun dps/hps gear check.

My only complaint about cataclysm was that 4.3 was the main content for waaay too long.
---
'My chosen torture makes me stronger / in a life that craves the hunger. / A freedom and a quest for life / until the end of judgment night.' -Devils Never Cry
#7GateCaptainPosted 10/3/2012 6:28:54 PM
Zones were boring.
The Raids were easy and once guilds got done with them getting people to RE do them was next to impossible .......still haven't beaten ANY Cata raid but DS. I wanted to do firelands raid but everyone justs LOL and says already did it no thanks. I think its my server honestly.
#8bdavis93Posted 10/3/2012 6:40:47 PM
A lot of people hated on it because they couldn't faceroll heroics the moment they hit 85.
#9asmodai48Posted 10/3/2012 6:42:47 PM
GateCaptain posted...
Zones were boring.
The Raids were easy and once guilds got done with them getting people to RE do them was next to impossible .......still haven't beaten ANY Cata raid but DS. I wanted to do firelands raid but everyone justs LOL and says already did it no thanks. I think its my server honestly.

You say the raids were easy yet you only did DS... the easiest raid..
#10CynghaneddPosted 10/3/2012 6:50:30 PM
A lot of people hated on it because they couldn't faceroll heroics the moment they hit 85.

Except that yeah you totally could.
---
Small minds discuss people. Average minds discuss events. Great minds discuss ideas.