This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

yep, tanking was definitely made easier. almost faceroll.

#41mistrfantasyPosted 10/4/2012 5:56:04 PM
ShadowlessOne posted...
I daresay 90% of people haven't even rolled a tank let alone tried tanking in Mogushan Vaults. Go tank the Stoneguard and still come here and whinge that tanking's too easy.

i've tanked from BT/Hyjal to ICC25 HMs. BC raids were challenging for tanks and you needed skill or you would just wipe your raid. I haven't even reached 90 yet on my tank, but tanking in ICC was already a joke. The few things in cata I did were even easier then that. Frankly, the abundance of AOE/tank cleaves and the MUCH easier threat gen makes tanking easier then ever, b/c those were the 2 main things tanks had to consider ONTOP of encounter mechanics and movement. These days your threat rotation no longer matters, so you can solely focus of encounter mechanics w/o a care in the world.
#42redundanciesPosted 10/4/2012 7:24:22 PM
Tanking in BC was difficult, easily the most difficult role in the group assuming you're talking about 5-man dungeons and you aren't talking about doing it on an overgeared character

What's funny to me is that this fact means that tanking five-man trash was harder than tanking a raid boss. I've played a tank druid since BC and I never really found raid tanking to be that difficult - but I could never clear Shattered Halls heroic at level as a tank.

Thankfully they realized how backwards this difficulty curve is and made adjustments to it.
#43ChronuxPosted 10/5/2012 11:56:23 AM
noimnoturdaddy posted...
Chronux posted...
Tanking is still harder than LOLDPS, easiest role in the game.

All roles are necessary but DPS is the most essential imo. I say this as a healer main. Tanks and healers get big egos because of the queue speeds and the feeling of "If I WANTED to screw this group over, I could do it at any second", but if you have bad DPS all a tank or healer can do is watch and cringe. As a DPS you can just keep pushing your gear.

Of course right now tank DPS is ridiculous, but I expect that to fall into line when Blizzard fixes it or gear normalizes the system. Healers are just hilarious to play, we're necessary for the first week or two of progression and after that, if you don't have a DPS set you're pretty much getting carried.

Tanks and healers carry fights more than dps.

and LOL at dps being more crucial... it's very easy to push to maximize. Switching targets to dps is hard right? LOL

Can't believe people are still so dumb to think dps is the hardest.. wow..
#44ChocoboMog123Posted 10/5/2012 12:07:52 PM
Chronux posted...
noimnoturdaddy posted...
Chronux posted...
Tanking is still harder than LOLDPS, easiest role in the game.

All roles are necessary but DPS is the most essential imo. I say this as a healer main. Tanks and healers get big egos because of the queue speeds and the feeling of "If I WANTED to screw this group over, I could do it at any second", but if you have bad DPS all a tank or healer can do is watch and cringe. As a DPS you can just keep pushing your gear.

Of course right now tank DPS is ridiculous, but I expect that to fall into line when Blizzard fixes it or gear normalizes the system. Healers are just hilarious to play, we're necessary for the first week or two of progression and after that, if you don't have a DPS set you're pretty much getting carried.

Tanks and healers carry fights more than dps.

and LOL at dps being more crucial... it's very easy to push to maximize. Switching targets to dps is hard right? LOL

Can't believe people are still so dumb to think dps is the hardest.. wow..

In Cata? No.
In Wrath? No.
In MoP? No.
In 5-mans? Who gives a s***? But, if you're actually doing challenge modes or even achieves? F*** NO.

DPS has been the hardest role for the past 4 years, at least. Sorry you're not doing any content that is actually relevant.
---
"You're sorely underestimating the power of nostalgia goggles." - adjl
http://www.smbc-comics.com/comics/20110218.gif