This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

MoP sales are finally in

#21rapacioushoboPosted 10/4/2012 9:19:30 AM
mistrfantasy posted...
AssultTank posted...
But also, it is counting subs in China, and those sales figures don't count China.

It also specifies in the first week. This would lead me to believe that digital pre-sales aren't counted in that number.

pre-sales are counted, a pre-sale is not considered a sale until the product is actually delivered.

That said, did any1 expect anything different? WoW's "decline" has been well documented since last year. And frankly this is 2.7 million in 1 week, compared to 3.3 million in one DAY.

What do did you expect. After BC and Wrath, two very well done expansions, we got the crapfest that was Cata. I certainly wasn't going to buy this xpac blind like I did with previous ones. I waited to see what my friends were saying and after a about a week if consistent feedback I decided to grab Mists. I wouldn't be at all surprised if other people were/are doing the same thing.
---
i5 3570k | Asrock b75 pro3 |9800 gt | 8 GB DDR3 1600MHz | Antec 620W | 1 TB HDD | Cooler Master elite 431+
#22riddlebox13Posted 10/4/2012 9:29:15 AM(edited)
Wyrmwarrior5 posted...
Bring on riddlebox!

2.7 million and some how I need to bring it on. It only sold 300,000 more than BC and BC didn't have 9.1 million. I also find it funny how bringing back 900,000 is also amazing. I guess it is kind of amazing for a half assed expansion. We'll see the Subs. continue to drop at an alarming rate in the months to come.
#23redundanciesPosted 10/4/2012 9:27:39 AM
the player base has more whiny brats that want instant gratification, instead of hardcore elitest that built the game in the first place

WoW was designed from the start to be more casual-friendly than other MMOs. The number of hardcore players there has always been low.
#24Nightbird_XPosted 10/4/2012 9:30:49 AM
AssultTank posted...
But also, it is counting subs in China, and those sales figures don't count China.

It also specifies in the first week. This would lead me to believe that digital pre-sales aren't counted in that number.

I'm sure it counts everything up until that week, otherwise pre-orders (something MANY people purchased) would be excluded. C'mon, use your brain. Don't be THAT guy.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
#25Wyrmwarrior5Posted 10/4/2012 9:38:15 AM
riddlebox13 posted...
Wyrmwarrior5 posted...
Bring on riddlebox!

2.7 million and some how I need to bring it on. It only sold 300,000 more than BC and BC didn't have 9.1 million. I also find it funny how bringing back 900,000 is also amazing. I guess it is kind of amazing for a half assed expansion. We'll see the Subs. continue to drop at an alarming rate in the months to come.

There's the exact response I was expecting!
---
http://breadfish.de/
http://thebest404pageever.com = best website ever.
#26Greggbird33Posted 10/4/2012 9:41:50 AM
ryanell666 posted...
mistrfantasy posted...
WoW's "decline" has been well documented since last year.

try the last half of WLK.

During BC, the game got so much growth it peaked around 9 million just before WLK released.

WLK may have peaked at 12 million, but lost about 1 million in that last year due to a lack of content and easy-sauce gameplay.

CAT was bad all around it lost 2 million before the end. Leaving WoW with the same number of subs as it did in BC, except the player base has more whiny brats that want instant gratification, instead of hardcore elitest that built the game in the first place.

MoP is just a mad scramble to keep the player base they have, get them to keep paying their subs, so they just cater to kids who grew up with Kung Fu Panda movies. While some vets have a morbid curiosity to see the current state of the game, and will leave in 6 months time. So even if the game is holding 10 million sub right now, it's NOT going to last.

Aren't the kids that "grew up on Kung Fu Panda movies" like 5 or 6 years old at this point? That is an odd demographic to cater to.
---
This guy are sick.
#27rapacioushoboPosted 10/4/2012 9:44:32 AM
Greggbird33 posted...
ryanell666 posted...
mistrfantasy posted...

During BC, the game got so much growth it peaked around 9 million just before WLK released.

WLK may have peaked at 12 million, but lost about 1 million in that last year due to a lack of content and easy-sauce gameplay.

CAT was bad all around it lost 2 million before the end. Leaving WoW with the same number of subs as it did in BC, except the player base has more whiny brats that want instant gratification, instead of hardcore elitest that built the game in the first place.

MoP is just a mad scramble to keep the player base they have, get them to keep paying their subs, so they just cater to kids who grew up with Kung Fu Panda movies. While some vets have a morbid curiosity to see the current state of the game, and will leave in 6 months time. So even if the game is holding 10 million sub right now, it's NOT going to last.

Aren't the kids that "grew up on Kung Fu Panda movies" like 5 or 6 years old at this point? That is an odd demographic to cater to.

Someone needs to remake the more dots video using little kids. Could be awesome
---
i5 3570k | Asrock b75 pro3 |9800 gt | 8 GB DDR3 1600MHz | Antec 620W | 1 TB HDD | Cooler Master elite 431+
#28Coop14Posted 10/4/2012 9:45:54 AM
Wyrmwarrior5 posted...
riddlebox13 posted...
Wyrmwarrior5 posted...
Bring on riddlebox!

There's the exact response I was expecting!

In a month things will hopefully be more sound <.<
---
On the WoW board today, Coop14 becomes the most desired male on the board in the span of a single day. -
Wyrmwarrior5
#29ryanell666Posted 10/4/2012 10:15:00 AM(edited)
Greggbird33 posted...
ryanell666 posted...
mistrfantasy posted...

more like 10-12 today.

Kung-Fu Panda was release 2008 (4 years ago)....most marketed to the 5-12 year old demographic.

so the 12 year old stereotype/cliche still holds true.
#30ryanell666Posted 10/4/2012 10:15:42 AM
redundancies posted...
the player base has more whiny brats that want instant gratification, instead of hardcore elitest that built the game in the first place

WoW was designed from the start to be more casual-friendly than other MMOs. The number of hardcore players there has always been low.

no....user-friendly....not "casual-friendly"....big difference.

Casual friendly is getting rid of attunement quests, so they can enter endgame raids without even going through the previous challenges, because for some reason they feel entitled to see the last level of a game without playing the game itself because they only have 1 hour of free time between raising 5 children and working 60 hours a week.

User-friendly is take the little inconvienances and making them convienanant.

If it was designed to be casual friendly from the get-go, then Naxx 40 would've been farmed by the lowest skilled player before TBC released...just like how endgames are treated today.