This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Back over 10 million WoW is on top again

#11Wookie_Is_BackPosted 10/4/2012 12:17:21 PM
Graycrow posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
ryanell666 posted...
the bigger question is, "Can they hold on to being at 10 million?"

I say "No", then laugh at anyone who thinks WoW is "back on top".

It's 5x more players than the MMO Messiah GW2

:(

5x more sales, probably way more active players. You and I both know GW2 has serious retention problems.

That said, MoP is a quality product so far. We'll see how the raiding tiers pan out but out of the box it is far superior to Cata, which was completely half-assed.

Cata gets a lot of s***.
But they still did a few things right. Not to mention that the heroics were a billion times better in Cata than in MoP.
The MoP heroics are far to freaking easy, it's pretty much impossible to wipe if you are the least bit competent.

That said, the later patches of Cata did mess that up, but it was good while it lasted.
I just hope the raids in MoP will be hard.

Hey bro, link challenge mode golds please.
#12SteamsterPosted 10/4/2012 12:19:12 PM
Wookie_Is_Back posted...
Graycrow posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
ryanell666 posted...
the bigger question is, "Can they hold on to being at 10 million?"

I say "No", then laugh at anyone who thinks WoW is "back on top".

It's 5x more players than the MMO Messiah GW2

:(

5x more sales, probably way more active players. You and I both know GW2 has serious retention problems.

That said, MoP is a quality product so far. We'll see how the raiding tiers pan out but out of the box it is far superior to Cata, which was completely half-assed.

Cata gets a lot of s***.
But they still did a few things right. Not to mention that the heroics were a billion times better in Cata than in MoP.
The MoP heroics are far to freaking easy, it's pretty much impossible to wipe if you are the least bit competent.

That said, the later patches of Cata did mess that up, but it was good while it lasted.
I just hope the raids in MoP will be hard.

Challenge modes /= heroics
#13GraycrowPosted 10/4/2012 12:20:01 PM

Did I ever say that challenge mode was easy?
---
Graycrow. Please stop talking. You scare me. I'm not overexaggerating, your views actually frighten. me. - Lord_Spectre_X
#14UtterMoonPosted 10/4/2012 12:20:45 PM
This always happens when a new expansion comes out...then people start to get bored...and then they leave. It..is..not..healthy. And it is not a good sign for the game, more people will leave this time though..because the game is getting older, and older.
#15Wookie_Is_BackPosted 10/4/2012 12:30:49 PM
Graycrow posted...

My point was that Heroics have a different purpose. You might as well complain that you can't make Plate gear with Tailoring.
#16GraycrowPosted 10/4/2012 12:33:27 PM
Graycrow posted...

My point was that Heroics have a different purpose. You might as well complain that you can't make Plate gear with Tailoring.

What? They can still be the gear farms that they are and still be hard at the same time.
Just look at pre-nerf Cata at the start.
Those heroics were fun as f*** on top of being hard as balls.

"They are gear farms, so they shouldn't be hard" is not a valid excuse.
---
Graycrow. Please stop talking. You scare me. I'm not overexaggerating, your views actually frighten. me. - Lord_Spectre_X
#17Wookie_Is_BackPosted 10/4/2012 12:37:55 PM
Graycrow posted...
Graycrow posted...

What? They can still be the gear farms that they are and still be hard at the same time.
Just look at pre-nerf Cata at the start.
Those heroics were fun as f*** on top of being hard as balls.

"They are gear farms, so they shouldn't be hard" is not a valid excuse.

I'll repost this, hoping you actually read it: My point was that Heroics have a different purpose. You might as well complain that you can't make Plate gear with Tailoring.

The challenging gear farm you so desperately want, is called Challenge Modes.

Heroics are just level 90 dungeons to get raid ready.

End of story.
#18NofoundationPosted 10/4/2012 12:45:21 PM
Heroics are faceroll but I like that. They were never going to be as tough as challenge modes, which is why I'm glad the separated. It's the best of both worlds, you have faceroll pug stuff and challenging guild/group stuff.

Heroics in cata were only fun the first few times, or getting the achievements. I HATED gearing alts in them. They're based around PuGs primarily, and PuG means stupid people.
---
"An account created 7 years ago is my alt"-Warhammeronl speaking about DarkSoulPriest
#19EpicKingdom_Posted 10/4/2012 12:53:26 PM
Obviously the jump is just returning players trying out MoP.. it'll go back down.
---
AMD Phenom II X2 565 Dual Core 3.4 BE | Corsair Vengeance 8GB | Biostar Radeon HD5770 1GB | Msi 760GM-P23(FX) AM3+| Antec 300 Mini-T | XFX PRO650W CE | 500GB |
#20ATiRadeonHDPosted 10/4/2012 7:40:53 PM
MoP is what Cata should have been.
---
|| AMD Phenom II x6 1065T || nVidia GTX 560Ti || Thermaltake 600 watt PSU || 8GB DDR3 || Windows 7