This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I didn't believe them when they said Blood DK was OP...

#1Lord_WoobiePosted 10/4/2012 12:20:58 PM
Never again.

It's so apparent, even fresh into Pandaria, how ridiculously survivable they are.

I was doing the Horde intro quests to Pandaria in 318-333 Cata gear, some of which was cloth (I had mailed my heirlooms off to my warrior and was too impatient to get any new plate gear to replace it), waltzed into the alliance base (before you see the Sha for the first time) aggro'd about 8 or 9 mobs by accident, and steamrolled them down without once going under 50% health, and only blowing 1 or 2 cooldowns.

Seriously? I was doing the Alliance intro quests on my Balance druid, who had relatively better gear, and I could barely burst one mob down in the time it took for my DK to take down 8 or 9.

I can only imagine what they'll be like at endgame, fully geared, if they don't get nerfed.
---
On the field of honor, the gods bearing witness to my glory, I will pull your entrails through your eyes and use them as reins to ride your soul to hades below!
#2pikpikcarrotmonPosted 10/4/2012 12:25:15 PM
I had the same experience on my blood DK, but I don't think the lower levels are indicative of endgame. Nothing is ever balanced at lower levels.
---
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide.
#3Wookie_Is_BackPosted 10/4/2012 12:29:57 PM
"and only blowing 1 or 2 cooldowns."

"50% health"

Then compares to a balance druid using a regular rotation.

Army of the Dead is a big CD, bro.

inb4hedeniesusingit.
#4pikpikcarrotmonPosted 10/4/2012 12:33:40 PM
I'll deny using it. I popped it once or twice for rare elites, but I didn't actually have to use it. The only cooldown I used regularly while leveling was DRW, mostly because I've always been an Unholy DK and it seemed fitting that I should summon a pet during battles.
---
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide.
#5Lord_Woobie(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 12:47:44 PM
Wookie_Is_Back posted...
"and only blowing 1 or 2 cooldowns."

"50% health"

Then compares to a balance druid using a regular rotation.

Army of the Dead is a big CD, bro.

inb4hedeniesusingit.

Actually, it's been a while since I played DK and I forgot I even had it.

No, IIRC I used Rune Weapon and Bone Shield. The rest was just diseases, Blood Boil, Heart Strike, and spam Death Strike + Rune Strike.
---
On the field of honor, the gods bearing witness to my glory, I will pull your entrails through your eyes and use them as reins to ride your soul to hades below!
#6SimplyQuidPosted 10/4/2012 3:10:02 PM
I haven't had any problems with my Guardian druid either. I dunno if I'm just doing it better or what, but I can pull 5, 6, 7 mobs at a time and barely go below 80% with just my basic Cenarion Ward, Savage Defense, Barkskin use. Plus AoE/MangleLacerate stuff obviously. I think I used Frenzied Regeneration, like, once?
#7ShadowlessOnePosted 10/4/2012 3:58:22 PM
Ok we get it. The whole world thinks Blood Dk's are OP. Enough already.
#8R_JackalPosted 10/4/2012 4:01:46 PM
It's more just tanks. My brewmaster can AoE pull half a damn area and walk out with over half health in most cases. >_> Same for Protadin.

No cap on Vengeance=LOLZ
#9Liquid BikePosted 10/4/2012 4:04:05 PM(edited)
There not so powerful in in raids. They are rather squishy and there vengeance doesn't scale as well as other tanks.

DKs have always been kings on soloing and 5 mans but they suffer in raids.
#10ShadowlessOnePosted 10/4/2012 4:31:34 PM
Liquid Bike posted...
There not so powerful in in raids. They are rather squishy and there vengeance doesn't scale as well as other tanks.

DKs have always been kings on soloing and 5 mans but they suffer in raids.

This.
Also after talking with a few other MT DK's on my server we've come to realize we suffer from a longish ramp up time on aggro as well. Your burst melee dps such as rogue and fury warrior have to be extremely careful on their initial opening rotation.

This can be combated by sacrificing some of your self healing/survivability talents for AoE aggro talents but your them compromising yourself and making yourself more squishy than you already are.

So no DK's aren't the all ending destroyers of the world that people think. They require alot more skill to tank effectively with in a raid scenario than they ever did in cata.