This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So Mistweavers, how do you get people to use your healing orbs?

#1MarndosPosted 10/4/2012 11:51:50 PM
Now that I'm 87 and doing the Pandaria dungeons I'm noticing it's very important for group members to make use of your healing orbs, especially since our mastery revolves around them and it's really easy to run out of mana if people don't use the orbs and stand in the fire and etc. I think part of it is just that people at that level don't know what they are since there aren't many monks healing 85+ dungeons yet (I've also had people ask me what my jade statue is). It's gotten to the point where every time I join a dungeon I tell everyone about the healing orbs and that they should be cool people and use them so healing doesn't tax my mana so much.
---
Please change your vector and move to a different coordinate because this quadrant is off limits.
#2SlyClone2kPosted 10/5/2012 3:44:11 AM
Of course you should tell people. A bit like priests and their wells. Never expect people to know what something is if they've no idea it existed / mechanic. First I've heard of it. But then I havent had that much time to play.
---
-Because spelling isn't important on the Internet. Grow up.-
#3blarghberriesPosted 10/5/2012 4:33:23 AM
SlyClone2k posted...
Of course you should tell people. A bit like priests and their wells. Never expect people to know what something is if they've no idea it existed / mechanic. First I've heard of it. But then I havent had that much time to play.

i never even see priests dropping wells. when one does i'm like "aww hell yea" and i stand next to it most of the fight while everyone else completely ignores it.
#4Nightbird_XPosted 10/5/2012 4:55:35 AM
The sand way Priests got people to use Lightwell: piss and moan the whole time until people get the hint.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
#5mrhighlife83Posted 10/5/2012 5:01:57 AM
It's a new mechanic of a spec they likely haven't played. Ignorance is to be expected. I didn't notice widespread knowledge of lightwells until midway through cata and how long has that mechanic been around? Just make a macro politely explaining it and hit it at the start of every dungeon. Word will get out eventually.
#6JonWon15Posted 10/5/2012 6:31:53 AM
Macro a /p HEALING ORBS UP, CLICK IT or whatever you want. That's just an example.
---
Even if there isn't a hardcore mode...It's food. Eat it. Like a boss. It's a roleplaying game. Go have breakfast. -DoctorScraps
#7Marndos(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2012 7:31:58 AM
You don't even have to click healing orbs, that's the beauty of it :O
---
Please change your vector and move to a different coordinate because this quadrant is off limits.
#8Hikaru_IrvingPosted 10/5/2012 7:34:09 AM
The mentioning of priests and their Lightwells reminds me of this one holy priest I ran into once, that absolutely made my day. They had a macro to /yell: CLICK THE DAMN LIGHTWELL that they used the first few times they laid down a well XD
---
Because when I logged off, the last thing I heard was a creepy sounding "I LIED"~Blaze
#9Death DurronPosted 10/5/2012 7:45:20 AM
Hopefully there is some glyph to make the healing automated. Dunno why it took so long but priests eventually got a glyph, Glyph of Lightspring, that makes Lightwell automated. Not sure what the negative aspect is though (i.e. smaller heal, slower healing rate, etc)
---
"You must gather your party before venturing forth"
"Go for the eyes Boo! Go for the eyes!"
#10Lightning BoltPosted 10/5/2012 7:53:17 AM
Make them less annoying and I'll use it.
It's your job to keep my green bar full. I don't wanna have to chase down little balls to do your job when a Shaman or Paladin could do their job all on their own.
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev