The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why is WoW turning all Disney?

#1lexussssPosted 10/5/2012 10:17:08 AM
I was hoping for it to go down a more serious/dark/save the world from big evil monster path
#2J_walker6Posted 10/5/2012 10:22:29 AM
This is a story based expansion.

We have seen that a small excursion or alliance and horde landing on the shores of Pandaria have caused physical manifestations of negative emotions to rise up and destroy huge swathes of land and lives.

Now gigantic fleets of alliance and horde are on their way to Pandaria. You want dark? Wait a bit.
#3Viper114Posted 10/5/2012 10:24:26 AM(edited)
I don't see how two sides mercilessly killing the each other across a landscape almost untouched by war and awakening evil avatars of negative emotion across said landscape is considered "Disney".

Unless Disney has taken a serious turn from what I remember as a child...
---
"We are all legends...our only choice is how to end the tale."
#4Greggbird33Posted 10/5/2012 10:25:09 AM
"I remember when WoW was all dark and serious," said no one ever.
---
This guy are sick.
#5piplupzeroPosted 10/5/2012 10:28:44 AM
Greggbird33 posted...
"I remember when WoW was all dark and serious," said no one ever.

Well it was dark during alpha... Although that was a lighting engine limitation.
---
Timesplitters is the best game series ever! C/C The choice is clear.
#6J_walker6Posted 10/5/2012 10:30:22 AM
Viper114 posted...
I don't see how two sides mercilessly killing the each other across a landscape almost untouched by war and awakening evil avatars of negative emotion across said landscape is considered "Disney".

Pocahontas.

However... this just proves to TC that if the game is getting more Disney-like, it's becoming darker :).
#7UmuruPosted 10/5/2012 10:44:06 AM
lexussss posted...
I was hoping for it to go down a more serious/dark/save the world from big evil monster path

You had three expansions to do that. Why didn't you do that?
#8SteamsterPosted 10/5/2012 11:04:20 AM(edited)
Viper114 posted...

Pretty much every other Disney movie revolves around some innocent person or place being ruthlessly harassed and abused by another person or people. Tarzan, Hunchback of Notre Dame, Fox and the Hound, The Little Mermaid, Alladin, Pocahontas, Sleeping Beauty, The Beauty and the Beast, etc.

It's usually not two sides versus one the way WoW is doing it now, but it's honestly not that far of a stretch.
#9Nomadic ViewPosted 10/5/2012 11:31:34 AM
Viper114 posted...

Well, there is a quest to kill a tiger named Ker Shan, obviously a spoof of The Jungle Book's Sher Khan. Also the flying carpet has the subtext "a new fantastic point of view" or at least it used to, I think they actually removed that.
---
{}\\{}(o){}\\//{}//=\\{})){}(< \\//{}{{-{}//\\{}
#10EraYachiPosted 10/5/2012 1:33:17 PM
Nomadic View posted...
Viper114 posted...

Well, there is a quest to kill a tiger named Ker Shan, obviously a spoof of The Jungle Book's Sher Khan. Also the flying carpet has the subtext "a new fantastic point of view" or at least it used to, I think they actually removed that.

Yes, because these easter eggs are clear proof, against all of the massive death, dying and corpse-burning quests occuring in MOP, that WoW is turning into Disney.

There was also Paris Hilton in BC.

And a spoof on Megatron variation, a mob you had to kill in an Area 52 quest. (forget the name...Negatron, maybe?)

Pretty sure those are easter eggs.