This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sometimes I feel like the community makes me a worse person (in game).

#1Groudon_is_GoldPosted 10/6/2012 12:32:55 AM
So many times I can be working towards a gathering node or quest item and as I'm fighting the stuff around it, someone else prances in and grabs it. I catch myself doing this too.

Same with world PvP. I e saved people's butts in the process if being ganked, but if 2 ally jump on me and there's other horde around just questing, it's a bit aggravating. Heck, I saved a Druid from a pally today, and he got out of comba long enough to fly away and leave me with his problem. -_-

Suppose I'm becoming bitter now that I'm on a high pop server.
---
99% of my posts are from a phone so please excuse me if I don't follow links or spellcheck.
#2Kcaz64Posted 10/6/2012 12:50:22 AM
So stop doing jerk things then?

lol?
---
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kil'jaeden/Bearsmith/advanced - Best Paladin in the world.
#3AnaTheCatPosted 10/6/2012 1:04:21 AM
Learn to control mobs around nodes and to help people putting up a fight, not cowardly running away.
#4Aposter26Posted 10/6/2012 1:05:31 AM
It infuriates me when I'm doing collection quests, waiting for items to respawn, and other people come up, decline my group invite, and start ganking them from me. Why can't we do it together? If you see someone there before you and don't want to group up, then at least have the courtesy to wait until I finish. Quests take forever because of this lately. Why decline the opportunity to do the quest together? Why be a jerk about it? If it only happened once in awhile I wouldn't care, but it's happening every day right now. Grrrrrr

That is my rant for the evening.
#5Kcaz64Posted 10/6/2012 1:07:43 AM
Aposter26 posted...
It infuriates me when I'm doing collection quests, waiting for items to respawn, and other people come up, decline my group invite, and start ganking them from me. Why can't we do it together? If you see someone there before you and don't want to group up, then at least have the courtesy to wait until I finish. Quests take forever because of this lately. Why decline the opportunity to do the quest together? Why be a jerk about it? If it only happened once in awhile I wouldn't care, but it's happening every day right now. Grrrrrr

That is my rant for the evening.

Because not everyone wants to group with you, and they don't want to wait to do their quest.

It's pretty obvious...
---
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kil'jaeden/Bearsmith/advanced - Best Paladin in the world.
#6Groudon_is_Gold(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2012 1:15:15 AM
Guess I need to proof read my messages more. Hate posting from a phone. >.<

What I'm getting at is that I'm just picking up bad behaviors other people have. I will help people being jumped, but when it happens to me, people just ignore it. As an engineer I can usually take off if the fight is not in my favor, but not always.

The Druid I mentioned above was being jumped, and I came to help him since he was just questing. The pally turned on me, and the Druid healed up and left me and the pally to keep on fighting. So while morally distraught at times, I've begun turning a blind eye like other players unless there's more then one ganking (I believe you should be able to hold your own 1v1). Typically I still don't take quest items from under brawling players, but don't think twice about gathering nodes anymore.
---
99% of my posts are from a phone so please excuse me if I don't follow links or spellcheck.
#7Lightning BoltPosted 10/6/2012 1:24:17 AM
So many times I can be working towards a gathering node or quest item and as I'm fighting the stuff around it, someone else prances in and grabs it.

I only do this to Alliance players.
I don't know why really, it just feels like the proper thing to do is to screw them over, even though I know it's just a game.
>.>

Better than sneaking up behind them and trying to kill them like a number of allies tried to do to me to past week as I leveled. Thank god for second wind.
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev
#8ChocoboMog123Posted 10/6/2012 1:31:35 AM
Not so long ago, I saw a rare that could drop some fun toy, but a Hunter had him tagged. So, I did what I had to and dragged a bunch of elites on top of the rare, getting them to aggro onto the Hunter and kill him. Afterwards, I let the Hunter res, let him tag the rare, and helped burn him down.

It's really something trying to balance being nice to people and knowing that WoW players are a-holes that will roll need on BoP loot they can't even use.
---
"You're sorely underestimating the power of nostalgia goggles." - adjl
http://www.smbc-comics.com/comics/20110218.gif