This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

According to recount, I suck at dps-ing w/ my Shaman.

#1EpicKingdom_Posted 10/6/2012 2:19:16 PM(edited)
What am I doing wrong? I've been dead last in multiple instances so far. Unless my lv. 21 Enhance shammy unless he hasn't had time to blossom yet although here is my rotation on a single target.

Dual wielding, lighting shield & flametounge weapon buffs.

1) Searing Totem.
2) Flame Shock.
3) Lava Lash (melee range) (since Earth Shock goes on cooldown when Flame Shock is used).
4) Earth Shock.
5) Primial Strike. (melee range).

I only use lighting pull once for a pull.

Any advice?
---
AMD Phenom II X2 565 Dual Core 3.4 BE | Corsair Vengeance 8GB | Biostar Radeon HD5770 1GB | Msi 760GM-P23(FX) AM3+| Antec 300 Mini-T | XFX PRO650W CE | 500GB |
#2xCarn4g3xPosted 10/6/2012 2:23:24 PM
Make sure you have the windfury imbue on your main hand, and flametongue on the off-hand. Also, most people leveling currently are probably fully decked out in heirlooms, which will inflate their dps far past what you can hope to achieve with random quest gear and stuff. Sucks, but don't really worry about it, dps doesn't matter all too much at those levels.
---
Gamertag: T0tal Carn4ge
Star Craft II Bnet name: ChaosDragon # 298
#3Space_MonkyPosted 10/6/2012 3:41:16 PM
like carnage said, not really a big deal at lvl 21. give it some time.
if you like the class so far it will blossom and become much, much better.
---
The fiction will see the real.
#4Wookie_Is_BackPosted 10/6/2012 3:44:35 PM
xCarn4g3x posted...
Make sure you have the windfury imbue on your main hand, and flametongue on the off-hand. Also, most people leveling currently are probably fully decked out in heirlooms, which will inflate their dps far past what you can hope to achieve with random quest gear and stuff. Sucks, but don't really worry about it, dps doesn't matter all too much at those levels.

Mine has full looms and I feel lucky to get 2nd in DPS. There must be something in the later levels that make the spec better :P
#5DawnshadowPosted 10/6/2012 8:56:21 PM
Don't worry about the DPS chart until you're 90, unless you're comparing to yourself after trying a new tactic or a different talent. Classes are NOT balanced while leveling-- some are very strong, and others are unusually weak at certain levels, not to mention that there are some things more important than the meters in dungeons. As long as enemies are dying, anyone who spams DPS meters like they matter is a jerk (unless it's to point out that someone isn't even trying.)

In particular, your DPS will be terrible compared to the tank for most trashpulls until your AoE comes in. In the case of enhancement, this is the level where your lava lash spreads flame shock. (I leveled my shaman before the patch, so I'm not sure when this happens.) You'll also eventually get Maelstrom Weapon, which will allow you to occasionally cast chain lightning (or one of a few other useful spells; your choice of which one) for free with no cast time. Tanks get AoE very early compared to DPS, so in low level dungeons they can hit all their targets, while DPS can only hit one-- this means that they can easily top the DPS chart.

You're also at a slight disadvantage-- your AoE is a damage over time spell, which means that, if the enemy dies fast, you'll seem weaker at DPS than you should be.
---
'Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the Character Battle.' --MetroidSuperfan on GlaDOS' loss.
The Topic Killer since 2001
#6EpicKingdom_(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2012 8:58:39 PM
Hmm..
---
AMD Phenom II X2 565 Dual Core 3.4 BE | Corsair Vengeance 8GB | Biostar Radeon HD5770 1GB | Msi 760GM-P23(FX) AM3+| Antec 300 Mini-T | XFX PRO650W CE | 500GB |
#7ChocoboMog123Posted 10/6/2012 9:06:06 PM
Something in MoP just trashed leveling Enhance Shaman. I went from 1000 DPS easy at level 40-something to struggling to do 300. Yeah, I was a bit OP before, but I was just keeping up with good tanks, now tanks just wreak me.

It is not a mechanics issue, it's a numbers issue.
---
"You're sorely underestimating the power of nostalgia goggles." - adjl
http://www.smbc-comics.com/comics/20110218.gif
#8EpicKingdom_(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2012 9:35:10 PM
yeah, I feel like I'm doing everything right but not when my #'s are low & ppl are complaining about it cause recount toldTHEMso
---
#9metroidfreakv4Posted 10/6/2012 10:24:20 PM
They made all classes a bit weaker I believe while leveling. I remember a lot of complaints here on launch of the new patch.

But regardless, Enhance shamans are one of the most fun specs in the game. That isn't my opinion, that is just the general response I hear when I ask what is your favorite melee. I myself mained one for quite awhile. Ele Enhance.imo, they are both amazing. And they both blossom so much as you level. Shamans are weird. Some classes you can level for five minutes and know literally what your going to be doing at 90. Shamans, Enhance in particular, adds something new every level almost. At least in 2.x, 3.x, and 4.2 when I leveled the 3 that I have (not all of them at level cap, I just love to play shamans that much.) If you still feel this way after you get stormstrike, spirit wolves, maelstorm weapons, Unleash elements, elementals, blood lust, and all the other seriously unique and fun moves shamans get, then maybe they aren't your thing, but id highly reccomend elemtental and resto before you gave up shamans all together. Resto, out of Priest (holy and disc), resto druids, and paladins, I think they have the most uitility, most unique, and fun playstyle. I can't speak for monk, because I couldn't even get past level 2 I was so annoyed by them, but out of those 4 healers I think they are the best feeling. I played them all but pally at level cap. Pally at 68 ish

and lastly for elemental, I like big numbers. They satisfy my big numbers. Ascendance, seriously the BEST MOVE I EVER HAD EVER. Lavaburst no cooldown? awesome. Duplicate all healing? awesome. 40 yard melee range? awesome. AWESOME ANIMATION? AWESOME.

There is a lot the shaman has to offer. Stick it out until you get some signature moves, you only have about 3 hours of playtime under your belt.

I don't play just a shaman, I also play a..
Priest
Warrior
Hunter
Mage
Druid (super rare, usually just level and stop playing after cap)
Rogue

Something about Shamans just bring me back every time. Plus, our tier and pvp gear almost always is amazing.
---
WotLK ending cinematic: Arthas:Farther.....is this over?....
Farther:no my son....the raid resets next week..