The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Display drivers keep crashing every once in a while when playing WoW

#1HellsControllerPosted 10/6/2012 7:33:17 PM
Anyone know the reason this could be happening? If any more information(such as specs or whatever else) is needed I will post it when I get back from my errand.
Any and all help is appreciated.
---
"The great thing about the internet is you can make up a quote and claim somebody famous said it." ---George Washington.
#2jcosta223Posted 10/6/2012 7:36:54 PM
overclock your settings? mine was and it would crash.
#3Lucavi000Posted 10/6/2012 7:39:54 PM
what is your GPU and current driver? Are they up to date? If so, what was the last ones that worked for you?
---
i dont play singleplayer games too much. I beat it then quit it, like my exgirlfriends. -- Little Zardar
#4noimnoturdaddyPosted 10/6/2012 7:49:59 PM
If you're using an Nvidia card grab MSI Afterburner and declock your card by 25. Worked for me.

Yes it's BS but Blizzard's going to take their time fixing it, they have more important things to do (like nerfing guild perks).
---
This is great! I will use Heroin on the weekends now!
#5HellsController(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2012 4:50:55 PM
Okay so when it comes to computers I am horrible. GPU is video card right? The name of my video card is ATI Radeon 3400 series. Approx total memory is 3059 MB.
Drivers says Version 7.17.0010.1124. Under that it has a date, which is assuming the last time they were updated. The date is 5-8-2012.
How do I tell if it's overclocked?
Anything else needed or did all this information not really help in any way?
---
"The great thing about the internet is you can make up a quote and claim somebody famous said it." ---George Washington.
#6EzMoadePosted 10/7/2012 6:55:32 PM
noimnoturdaddy posted...
If you're using an Nvidia card grab MSI Afterburner and declock your card by 25. Worked for me.

Yes it's BS but Blizzard's going to take their time fixing it, they have more important things to do (like nerfing guild perks).

Do I declock the core or the memory?
#7noimnoturdaddyPosted 10/12/2012 10:12:40 PM
Core
---
This is great! I will use Heroin on the weekends now!