This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone else finding this expansion cheesy as hell?

#11umax555(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2012 5:46:53 PM
smallpoxx posted...
'go smash some bad guys'

Super cute <3 not cheesy

no
#12smallpoxxPosted 10/7/2012 5:58:44 PM
umax555 posted...
smallpoxx posted...
'go smash some bad guys'

Super cute <3 not cheesy

no

Yes
---
Don't quote me, you'll get ToS'd
#13SteamsterPosted 10/7/2012 6:13:29 PM
rapacioushobo posted...
The game has always been cheesy.

This is how I feel.

So yes.
#14DAntiproduktPosted 10/7/2012 7:29:36 PM
SongstressCela posted...
DAntiprodukt posted...
I just about lost it when I saw the 'hologram' technology in the Alliance opening cut-scene.

Really, Blizzard? Really? What the ****. I'd tell you to stick to sci-fi, but after the abomination that was SC2 I don't think you should write anything anymore.

ITT scrying doesn't exist in fantasy settings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvtAwGfpDg4

That's a little more then scrying. Actually, a few quests into MoP the elf actually talks into that stupid blue ball of light like it's a radio.
---
Get going. Get tough. Get angry! Stay hungry! Get mean! Stay lean! Say what you mean and say it mean.
#15punk030Posted 10/7/2012 7:46:52 PM
That's a little more then scrying.

Actually, it's not scrying at all. Instead, it's akin to the popular fantasy tool of sending messages. The best example of this would be from Dungeons and Dragons, where most MMORPG games get their ideas from, with the popular utility spell "Sending".

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/sending.htm

Many fantasy novels also used magic to explain conversations over vast distances. Their abilities and limitations vary from story to story, but it's not unusual for the ability to record a plot-relevant message meant useful for a protagonist.
---
The only reason I have a sig is so I don't keep breaking that All Caps rule. Bah.
#16PlayerFiftyOnePosted 10/7/2012 8:03:16 PM
DAntiprodukt posted...
I just about lost it when I saw the 'hologram' technology in the Alliance opening cut-scene.

Really, Blizzard? Really? What the ****. I'd tell you to stick to sci-fi, but after the abomination that was SC2 I don't think you should write anything anymore.

People watch those?
#17vahndragonwingPosted 10/7/2012 8:28:19 PM
Coop14 posted...
"ERMERGERD PERKERMERNS FERMVIRR

KERNG FER PERNDER"

Vahndragon, I love you so much for this response way back when. Have it saved for the lulz :D

/bow
---
"Is Metroid's gun part of his suit or is it part of his arm, like the guy from Final Fantasy 8?"
#18Sir WillPosted 10/7/2012 8:34:12 PM
DarkBunnyz posted...
DAntiprodukt posted...

People watch those?

Yes some of us enjoy the story.
---
River Song: Well, I was off to this gay gypsy bar mitzvah for the disabled when I thought 'Gosh, the Third Reich's a bit rubbish, I think i'll kill the Fuhrer'
#19angrywalrus13Posted 10/7/2012 8:42:00 PM
WoW's always been very cheesy. MoP kind of feels a lot more natural for not taking itself too seriously, honestly.
---
Thomx
like tommicks
#20AceronPosted 10/7/2012 10:52:33 PM
Sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from Technology. :)
---
Believe in yourself. Not you, that believes in me.
Not me, that believes in you. Believe in you that believes in yourself. - Kamina, TTGL