This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Haven't played my shaman in years. Overwhelmed at the changes.

#1Little ZardarPosted 10/7/2012 4:13:26 PM
Basically what do you do as an enhancement shaman while questing and maybe 5man dungeons (lv85)?

Is it the same flame shock>unleash elementals>stormstrike>lavalash repeat?
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roughtzsCDI
#2Lucavi000Posted 10/7/2012 4:15:42 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#3Lucavi000Posted 10/7/2012 4:16:26 PM
Years, bro, really? Years? You women and your exaggerations
---
i dont play singleplayer games too much. I beat it then quit it, like my exgirlfriends. -- Little Zardar
#4EDarienPosted 10/7/2012 4:20:41 PM
http://elitistjerks.com/f79/t127416-enhancement_4_3_least_your_old_axe_good_transmog/#Priority_Queue

Too lazy to get into it, but ... yeah. Follow about that. You'll be aight.
---
Lali-ho!
#5PiloturakiPosted 10/7/2012 4:33:42 PM
http://www.icy-veins.com/enhancement-shaman-wow-pve-dps-guide
#6EpicKingdom_Posted 10/7/2012 4:40:44 PM
I've never played Shaman before but I just started on a Enhance that is now lv.22 & in all my time leveling, so far I'm not having that much fun in dungeons or leveling. The rotations are painful.
---
I agree but I don't agree on your multiple troll topics. Therefor I am neutral.
#7EDarienPosted 10/9/2012 10:11:01 AM
EpicKingdom_ posted...
I've never played Shaman before but I just started on a Enhance that is now lv.22 & in all my time leveling, so far I'm not having that much fun in dungeons or leveling. The rotations are painful.

I don't remember for that level, sorry. I'll say that for my current Shaman I was elemental/resto until about 40. The Shaman I made before this was a few years ago, but he was Enhance the whole way until I deleted him around 66.

What's painful about the rotations? Honestly it's just about opening with Flame Shock, Storm Strike, Lava Lash, Earth Shock on CD except when Flame Shock is going to drop off. When you get upper levels you start adding in your CDs like Blood Lust/Heroism, Fire Elemental Totem and the wolves plus your trinkets. But that shouldn't be anywhere near your level.

You should also be dropping your fire totem just to be in the habit, I guess, but I didn't start dropping it on this Enhance Shaman until Wrath. My DPS was still always 1st or 2nd depending how high the tank's DPS was.

For trash, and this is where the more mobs the better comes in for Shaman. Most classes get to just drop their AoE like Blizzard, Rain of Fire or Soul Harvest or they have DoTs and are mult-dotting. Shaman gets a little in the middle. With 3 GCD you get a pretty big burst on any trash pack : Flame Shock, Lava Lash (same target, so it now spreads Flame Shock to all mobs in range), Fire Nova. Every single mob will release the Nova so every single mob takes damage from every mob except itself. The bigger the pack, the more damage done. Then you either Chain Lightning or single target for 1 GCD until Fire Nova comes off CD and do it again. By then everything is usually dead.

Unlike a mage who gets to just drop a Blizzard and wait for the channel to end, ours takes 3 casts to do our damage. The difference is, though ,the damage done. That Blizzard is hitting all the enemies for the same amount whether it's 1 or 10. On packs of 4+ we're out-bursting his damage pretty easily and I'd hardly call 3 GCDs "painful."

The worst part, for some, of an Enhancement rotation is that there is a lull in our active casts. If Maelstrom Weapon hasn't built up yet, it's not worth casting Chain Lightning or Lightening Bolt, but the Shocks, Stormstrike and Lava Lash are all on CD. So you get a second or two to not cast anything, but your white hits are doing damage, trust me. Especially if you're remembering to keep your weapon imbues up.
---
Lali-ho!
#8DDR_Freak44Posted 10/9/2012 10:47:46 PM
If you want to talk about a painful rotation, then you should've leveled in the BC era. Your rotation basically consisted of auto attacking and praying for your next windfury proc while Earth Shocking on cooldown.
#9DawnshadowPosted 10/9/2012 11:38:09 PM(edited)
I leveled my shaman before the Mists change, but I agree that it was really boring before Maelstrom Weapon. You burned anything you could, then autoattacked while waiting.

Maelstrom will change everything, if you can force through to whatever level you get that at now. (It was in the 60s in Cata.) At level 85 it's a very fun spec.
---
'Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the Character Battle.' --MetroidSuperfan on GlaDOS' loss.
The Topic Killer since 2001