This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just been told that from now on, Haste is the worst stat for ALL healer classes?

#11thronedfire2Posted 10/7/2012 6:37:24 PM
It might be the worst now while mana management is an issue, but it will be better later on.

It's like WotLK, once I realized I'd never run out of mana I went to the haste cap instead of gemming for int or healing power. #1 healing every raid for all of hard mode Ulduar/ToC/heroic ICC
---
I could see you, but I couldn't hear you You were holding your hat in the breeze Turning away from me In this moment you were stolen...
#12woody71Posted 10/7/2012 6:49:52 PM(edited)
not sure how it is for other healers but druis seem fine with haste...

how long does it usually take for elitist jerks to update...(my normal reference but latly (even before MoP) they seem outdated)

edit seems they updated...

http://elitistjerks.com/f73/t130799-resto_mists_pandaria_5_0_x_release/#Stats

int>spell power>spirit>mastery>haste>crit

it's still not the worst but alot lower then the other sites
---
to the Grammar Police!-\/
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/1062/50947440.gif
#13TheMudkipManPosted 10/7/2012 6:49:32 PM
Haste is only useful to reach breakpoints. For instance, as a Resto Shaman, haste is #1 until 871 (assuming you take AS and are not Goblin) but, once you hit 871 haste, it becomes the worst stat assuming you can't reach the second BP which is something like 3k. With mana regen in its current state, spirit (and Crit for shaman) are both SIGNIFICANTLY more valuable than haste past BP 1.

Int is great but, if you're going into a raid with anything less than 7k Spirit because you'd rather "cast GHW 0.01 seconds faster"...you're doing it wrong.
---
Sent from my iPad via PowerFAQs 1.9
#14woody71Posted 10/7/2012 6:53:52 PM
it's a bit more complicated this expensian...

again from elitist jerks and on druids...

You should be aware of haste breakpoints for your HoT's (see above).

The first breakpoint we will want to try to reach if it is not too much trouble is 3043, for your first Rejuv and Tranquility tick. One thing to note about the Tranquility breakpoint is that it only affects the HoT portion of Tranquility and you do not gain extra ticks of Tranquitly itself. It may be appropriate to give up some Int if necessary to reach your breakpoints (by using haste gems or swapping an item). In time, and gear permitting, we will likely aim for the second tick of Wild Growth attainable at 6652 haste.

If you are utilizing Soul of the Forest, you should aim for the 5730 when possible and eventually the 9543 (if possible in current gear) for additional Wild Growth ticks.

Otherwise, always choose an item of higher ilvl (and if possible, higher socket count) in each slot. You should opt for items that have both Int and Spirit, until you have reached a comfortable regen level, and then you can opt for items that have alternative secondary stats.

Outside of haste breakpoints, your basic choice is between throughput stats (mastery and crit) and regen (Spirit). When it's not getting you extra HoT ticks, haste is your weakest stat since it doesn't benefit Rejuv and increases your mana consumption.

Between mastery and crit, mastery winds up being a better throughput benefit. Crit may be stronger in certain limited situations; in particular, if you're frequently spamming direct heals and hoping for high Living Seed procs (i.e. performing heavy tank healing).

With the change to mana pools and the regen paradigm, you should look to find a regen level you are comfortable with relative to your preferred play style, and then start exploring additional throughput options.
---
#15ChocoboMogALTPosted 10/7/2012 6:54:35 PM
jd_walker posted...
That's what I mean guys,

2 of the top sites for WoW guides,
although they say a different priority, they BOTH say to include haste and as quite a high priority.

If Haste has been scrapped from All the healing specs, I can't see 2 of the top sites missing out on it?

Using noxxic for a theorycraft argument is like using the anecdotes of a Middle School teacher in an arrgument about the current conflict in the Middle East. Don't use secondhand knowledge as the basis of any rationalization.
---
"We live in a country Hasire.." ~ yosouf06
REVOLVER STAKE! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v717/ChocoboMog123/AltEisenRChocoboMog.png
#16woody71Posted 10/7/2012 7:15:29 PM
^isn't most knowledge "secondhand".... just saying...

as said I don't know how reliable they are I usualy go with eletist jerks.... whose info I just shared(Oh no second hand info)
---
#17lightdarkzPosted 10/7/2012 7:28:31 PM
I know as a Priest, haste is HIGHLY discouraged because it makes you cast spells faster and thus expend mana more frequently, which is a huge no-no in the current state of Priest healers. I've pretty much given up on Disc healing, though, because of how terrible my mana regen and healing output is.
---
Some people are alive simply because it's illegal to shoot them.
GT - Rakyero
#18thronedfire2Posted 10/7/2012 7:32:14 PM
lightdarkz posted...
I know as a Priest, haste is HIGHLY discouraged because it makes you cast spells faster and thus expend mana more frequently, which is a huge no-no in the current state of Priest healers. I've pretty much given up on Disc healing, though, because of how terrible my mana regen and healing output is.

..that's only true if you're bad at healing in the first place. The entire point of having haste is that you cast less often. You don't get to the haste cap and keep spamming heals nonstop for no reason.
---
I could see you, but I couldn't hear you You were holding your hat in the breeze Turning away from me In this moment you were stolen...