This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Was anyone else really disappointed that you can't fly in Pandaria until 90?

#21xHughJasxPosted 10/8/2012 1:18:12 PM
Questing with a flying mount, while faster, is stupid. You get a quest. Fly straight up. Fly straight to mobs. Kill mobs. Fly straight up. Go back. Turn in. So boring. So mundane. I'd rather have it the way vanilla, BC, and wrath at launch.
---
If there wasn't people who blindly defended themselves when proven full of s*** time and again, there'd be no religious people.Or republicans. -jowephocks
#22noimnoturdaddyPosted 10/8/2012 1:18:12 PM
Steamster posted...
It's so much more fun on PvP servers when you're all grounded.

They really should've initiated aerial combat by now, even if it was nothing more than having the same rotations in-air as you do on the ground.
---
This is great! I will use Heroin on the weekends now!
#23noimnoturdaddyPosted 10/8/2012 1:20:14 PM(edited)
xHughJasx posted...
Questing with a flying mount, while faster, is stupid. You get a quest. Fly straight up. Fly straight to mobs. Kill mobs. Fly straight up. Go back. Turn in. So boring. So mundane. I'd rather have it the way vanilla, BC, and wrath at launch.

What if I find questing stupid and just want to get to 90 ASAP for group experiences? Then I can fly to zip through it while people who enjoy it can roll around on their ground mounts and take everything in. Better distribution of traffic too, since people are progressing at different rates due to method of travel.
---
This is great! I will use Heroin on the weekends now!
#24AshrahnPosted 10/8/2012 1:30:34 PM
Personally, I love it. I feel like I missed so much in Cata levelling, it was all "get quest, fly to location to complete quest, fly back to hub to turn in quest", rinse and repeat. Most times I'd tab out while auto flying there, and that really doesn't feel like any proper way to level. Towards the end of Cata I ran around and looked around and saw all the little roads and signs, that just...didn't matter.
#25Lightning BoltPosted 10/8/2012 1:32:51 PM
SavageDonzilla posted...
My first time, no. Subsequent times, yes.

This.
It was great the first time. Flying is too tempting if I can do it, I can't help myself. But it adds a lot to the zone to stay grounded.

2nd time through I opted for as many alternate questlines as possible, but a lot of the stuff is quite linear so I'd rather just be able to fly.
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev
#26game freakozoidPosted 10/8/2012 1:45:58 PM
As somebody who has played since Vanilla...I was dissapointed. I knew it going in but that doesn't mean it didn't suck. It was a really arbitrary limitation that didn't add anything to the game. Not once while leveling in Pandaria was I ever like, "Man I am so glad we don't have flying. This just wouldn't work with it." Hell I even went in thinking that was how it was going to be. That a ton of the quests would be so much better without flying but in reality there wasn't really any quests that improved with no flying.

In fact, due to a bug on my server that caused on of the starting Jade Forest mobs to evade out I had to basically grind level through 85. As such I have done both Jade Forest with flying enabled and with flying disabled and let me tell you when you can fly through it it is so much more epic. You really get a scale for how amazing the place is unlike when you are constricted to the ground and the place looks like just a bunch of tall mounds jutting out of the ground.

They really dropped the ball and took away a lot of what the leveling experience could have been if they would have allowed flying. That's why ironically you see so much more people just glad to finally be done with leveling this expansion and getting to fly than in say Cata. Cata may have been the outlier in whether or not you could fly but it was definitely a step in the right direction.
#27Perascamin(Topic Creator)Posted 10/12/2012 11:43:27 PM
I don't get the "it's better because you get to see what they've made" argument. That's like, literally just a fanboy-in-denial statement. If you honestly think it was better just because there was no flying...that's just a stupid reason. Hell, if I'm a cata baby because I like convenience like a normal person then so be it.

All of you hardcore "I like going the speed of slow!" guys can do what ever man. Play Cata, and just dont use your ****ing flying mounts if it was such a bid deal!
---
This dance of mine burns with conviction! Its graceful steps grant swift exit from the stage! THE POWER TO REPEL ALL EVIL IS IN MY GRASP!!!
#28Wookie_Is_BackPosted 10/12/2012 11:49:57 PM
xHughJasx posted...

YOU DID NOT KNOW.

YOU COULD NOT SEE.

That you have a choice to use a ground mount , genius.
#29PrinceVege101Posted 10/13/2012 12:27:34 AM
Somewhat, sure. Pandaria looks like quite the continent, but I just can't be arsed to get 90 to go actually get a decent view of it.

Sure you'd see some of it on the way to 90, but nothing compared to a bird's eye view.
---
Andraste's dimpled butt cheeks!
#30NWalterstorfPosted 10/13/2012 12:31:47 AM
To be honest, I do like the fact that you cannot fly in Pandaria until level 90. It gave more to the exploration of Pandaria. That, and I don't want another Icecrown. Questing in Icecrown, to me, was awful because of the fact that you had to fly everywhere.
---
Morrowind. Daggerfall. Planescape: Torment.
Everything I say about Skyrim is now completely true and you should listen to me.