This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

might play retail for 1st time since 2006, some questions

#11Right_Chus_1Posted 10/8/2012 6:07:02 PM
Sure, why not, looks good to me. Dont know anything about the server though.
#12VelociswaggerPosted 10/8/2012 6:44:26 PM
Illidan is the best.
#13Marz(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2012 6:46:39 PM
Velociswagger posted...
Illidan is the best.

it doesn't look like it would be very fun because of the horribly outnumbered alliance.

is that not the case? looks pretty bad... lol
---
~!
#14Right_Chus_1Posted 10/8/2012 9:30:56 PM
Yea, there are no alliance on the server. Although with the recently introduced cross realm zones, the zones will be packed full of both ally and horde so its not that huge of an issue. It will feel like there are quite a few alliance on the server even though there isnt.
#15Marz(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2012 5:23:28 AM
Right_Chus_1 posted...
Yea, there are no alliance on the server. Although with the recently introduced cross realm zones, the zones will be packed full of both ally and horde so its not that huge of an issue. It will feel like there are quite a few alliance on the server even though there isnt.

I'm not well-informed on the cross-realm-zones. are you saying that ratios on servers don't even matter anymore? is everyone phased together or something? just specific zones?

I'm wondering in regards to, say, world PvP while you're leveling up from 1-90. and also entering queues for BGs.
---
~!
#16ConkerPosted 10/9/2012 5:31:31 AM
Marz posted...
for example:

http://i48.tinypic.com/29ffq8j.jpg

stormreaver looks like it'd be a good bet. thoughts?

If you want high population, it looks like Kil'Jaeden wouldn't be too far off from Stormreaver in ratio, and maybe even better for a server because of the extra ~50k people.
---
Lets Go: Lions, Red Wings, Tigers, Pistons!
#17MorgasaurusPosted 10/9/2012 7:46:01 AM
I'm not well-informed on the cross-realm-zones. are you saying that ratios on servers don't even matter anymore? is everyone phased together or something? just specific zones?

I'm wondering in regards to, say, world PvP while you're leveling up from 1-90. and also entering queues for BGs.

The best way I can understand cross-realm zones is that it's like Bowser Revolution on the player population. That is (as an oversimplified example) instead of Realm A having 300 players in Stranglethorn and Realm B having 100, both realms Stranglethorn zones will contain 200. Or something like that.

Basically it means that no matter what population server you choose, you will have approximately the same world PvP experience in any area where CRZ is enabled. This is a plus.

The downside is that gathering to raise professions will not be as trivial as it once was on lower population realms.

Another downside is that players have been using CRZ to trick the system and do all sorts of shenanigans.

As far as I know the dungeon queue draws from battlegroup which is unaffected by CRZ.
---
"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? ..."
- Matthew 16:26
#18PixieyPosted 10/9/2012 7:52:30 AM
Hi, I just wanted to share with you about how I stopped playing after I got to 64 in Burning Crusade. All I could remember was my account name, my email had changed. I called, they looked it up, saw my account had been used for the scroll, so all I had to do was buy MoP. They cleared the banning and everything. You may have to be on hold for 15 minutes, but it's worth it. Good luck.
#19Marz(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2012 4:33:35 PM
Morgasaurus posted...

The best way I can understand cross-realm zones is that it's like Bowser Revolution on the player population. That is (as an oversimplified example) instead of Realm A having 300 players in Stranglethorn and Realm B having 100, both realms Stranglethorn zones will contain 200. Or something like that.

Basically it means that no matter what population server you choose, you will have approximately the same world PvP experience in any area where CRZ is enabled. This is a plus.

The downside is that gathering to raise professions will not be as trivial as it once was on lower population realms.

Another downside is that players have been using CRZ to trick the system and do all sorts of shenanigans.

As far as I know the dungeon queue draws from battlegroup which is unaffected by CRZ.

CRZ is enabled in basically every leveling zone? so the idea is to "smoosh" all the populations into an average number for every zone for every player?

and could you clarify what you meant by a downside is that "gathering to raise professions will not be as trivial as it once was on lower population realms"?
---
~!
#20DawnshadowPosted 10/9/2012 4:36:37 PM
Marz posted...
and could you clarify what you meant by a downside is that "gathering to raise professions will not be as trivial as it once was on lower population realms"?

Say I need fel iron. I go to Hellfire and start mining. Fel iron has an annoyingly low spawn rate, despite being a basic ore-- a relic of its time.

Before, there would only be my realm there-- on a low pop realm, I could have every fel iron node in the zone to myself. Now, I'm competing with my realm, and every other person mining fel iron on four or five others. And the spawn rate hasn't changed. What's worse is that if I share with a high-pop realm, most of the ore, proportionately, will be found by and sent to that realm's economy.
---
'Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the Character Battle.' --MetroidSuperfan on GlaDOS' loss.
The Topic Killer since 2001