This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Blizzard: We didn't like to force people to grind rep for shoulder/helm enchants

#11aLINKinthechainPosted 10/9/2012 8:03:07 AM
redundancies posted...
Aceron posted...
Lies, my priest has been running 6 heroics a day and I'm still missing 9 pieces.

Your priest not being fully geared is not evidence of it being "impossible" to gear up.

For the record, my guardian druid has a 464 item level as of this morning, thanks to a tier piece dropping off Anger and brewfest trinkets from Coren. I only have two sub-463 pieces, my rings are the justice point ones.

Its sad that the 2 tanking brewfest trinks are trash. Im sitting slightly below full H with a ghost iron dragonling, stam is useless to me.
---
GT: thatKevinkid
the first man on the moon was soma, and he got there by yorick jumping.
#12redundanciesPosted 10/9/2012 8:22:57 AM
Its sad that the 2 tanking brewfest trinks are trash. Im sitting slightly below full H with a ghost iron dragonling, stam is useless to me.

There are two stam trinkets but there's also http://www.wowhead.com/item=87571 - which is superior to the dragonling because I can only get 600 dodge from cogwheels. I was using the stam trinket in my other slot but traded it out for the http://www.wowhead.com/item=81243 which offers a dodge proc in addition to the stam.
#13Teh_Dr_PhilPosted 10/9/2012 8:25:50 AM
Orestes417 posted...
VP gear isn't at all necessary to progression. It's just an option for those who'd prefer not to LFR or raid regularly. The annoying part is the gating on the crafting recipes

Head and shoulder enchants weren't at all necessary to progress. They were just an option for those who wanted to squeeze a few more stats out.

...wait, you mean they were necessary for raiders, for min/maxing, etc.? Just like VP gear now? You better believe that, with z majority of guilds currently struggling to even go 2/6, that raiders will be required to outfit themselves in VP gear as quickly as possible.

For once...karmic is right. Regardless of whatever blind love you have for Blizzard, this move directly conflicts with their philosophy of "play how you want."
---
Yep.
#14XjphPosted 10/9/2012 8:27:05 AM
Warlock here. All but two slots have 463+ gear. Average ilvl 466.
---
http://highpressure.xjph.net/ - Too Much Steam In Too Little Space
Playing all my Steam games, at long last.
#15silentzedPosted 10/9/2012 8:45:20 AM
redundancies posted...

There are two stam trinkets but there's also http://www.wowhead.com/item=87571 - which is superior to the dragonling because I can only get 600 dodge from cogwheels. I was using the stam trinket in my other slot but traded it out for the http://www.wowhead.com/item=81243 which offers a dodge proc in addition to the stam.

At least for Warriors, the Ghost Iron Dragonling is great. 600 hit, 600 expertise and then whatever other secondary stat you want for tanking, since we need to be able to hit to get rage for mitigation.
---
/target Face
/cast Palm
#16PiratethingyPosted 10/9/2012 8:47:36 AM
Gearing a healer sucks. Still haven't picked up a cloth spirit belt, and I've ran these heroics into the ground.
---
Hit me up on Steam: ehusfelt
BioStar Z77 | i5-2500k | HIS HD 7850 | Samsung 120GB SSD | Antec 900
#17Lightning BoltPosted 10/9/2012 8:50:02 AM
It is extremely confusing for me to have people in dungeon gear call themselves "heroically geared".
I know what you mean, and strictly speaking it's not super wrong I suppose, but it just sounds so odd.
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev
#18redundanciesPosted 10/9/2012 9:03:59 AM
At least for Warriors, the Ghost Iron Dragonling is great. 600 hit, 600 expertise and then whatever other secondary stat you want for tanking, since we need to be able to hit to get rage for mitigation.

That's fair. I should specify that my analysis is based on my druid and not other tanking classes - he appears to have a decent amount of hit, and can always use more dodge % and health.
#19vahndragonwingPosted 10/9/2012 9:15:47 AM
Teh_Dr_Phil posted...
Orestes417 posted...
VP gear isn't at all necessary to progression. It's just an option for those who'd prefer not to LFR or raid regularly. The annoying part is the gating on the crafting recipes

Head and shoulder enchants weren't at all necessary to progress. They were just an option for those who wanted to squeeze a few more stats out.

...wait, you mean they were necessary for raiders, for min/maxing, etc.? Just like VP gear now? You better believe that, with z majority of guilds currently struggling to even go 2/6, that raiders will be required to outfit themselves in VP gear as quickly as possible.

For once...karmic is right. Regardless of whatever blind love you have for Blizzard, this move directly conflicts with their philosophy of "play how you want."

...wait, you mean that equal or better shoulder/helm enchants dropped in other places, meaning you had an option of how to do it, because you can buy 458 JP gear without getting any rep and outfit yourself to 460 with only a couple heroic pieces, not spending a point of VP, and then get gear that's better then the VP gear from the raid?

Crazy.
---
"Is Metroid's gun part of his suit or is it part of his arm, like the guy from Final Fantasy 8?"
#20Viper114Posted 10/9/2012 9:19:06 AM
I hit 90 two days after the expansion released. By the end of the week before the server maintenance, I was in almost all 463 gear with some 440s and 450s. Now I'm in entirely heroic dungeon gear AND some epic gear gained from VP, Galleon and Sha.
---
"We are all legends...our only choice is how to end the tale."